• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you allow your children to explore other religions?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
mate, how our children think depend on what we put in their head;

Garbage in, Garbage out.

if you want to teach your kids about religions, then you need to cover some behavioral psychology of human against the background of science;
- how people start the religions
- why they create it.
- how it shape their perceptions toward people, environment and their world.
- how it affect their principles and morality.
and on the dark side, what's the pitfalls and how civilizations from the past and present had made great contributions or tragedies against the backdrop of the presence/absence of religions.

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the positive of all religions too, to be fair. In that way, they have a definite direction to choose to be or not to be.

Buddha Drifter, you are a learned man. Through your journey you might encountered some unhappiness or misleading info of other religions, that cannot conclude is your answer. I sense an act of animosity in you, calm down.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And the positive of all religions too, to be fair. In that way, they have a definite direction to choose to be or not to be.

Buddha Drifter, you are a learned man. Through your journey you might encountered some unhappiness or misleading info of other religions, that cannot conclude is your answer. I sense an act of animosity in you, calm down.

im not buddha . i have seen a lot about all religion . even theres some stupid mistake made by buddists for example buying animals or birds and releasing them . theres alot more ..which i dont wish to discuss it here . if i have the mood i will start a thread on that .

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha Drifter, it is our way of respect addressing everyone here. I understand what u mean about 放生. On behalf of all Buddhists, I'm totally sorry. I was once an idiot after realizing the damages done to the animals. All in all, there's no commercial demand, no commercial supply, in that way, all animals are free in the very first place. Fault lies not on Great Buddha but the ignorance one like me.

I'm still a learning one, if of any misunderstanding I can help clear, I would like to hear your side of story if u permit. Namo Amitahba.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha Drifter, it is our way of respect addressing everyone here. I understand what u mean about 放生. On behalf of all Buddhists, I'm totally sorry. I was once an idiot after realizing the damages done to the animals. All in all, there's no commercial demand, no commercial supply, in that way, all animals are free in the very first place. Fault lies not on Great Buddha but the ignorance one like me.

I'm still a learning one, if of any misunderstanding I can help clear, I would like to hear your side of story if u permit. Namo Amitahba.

Amitahba <---historically speaking there is no such person. this buddha/person is as good as another fairy tales just like christian God.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

if everything on earth can be laugh at ...why cant we laugh at religion ? what so special about religion ? if theres no buddhisum then theres no such mistakes made by buddhist . its not only about 放生 that pissed me off . its about the negative teaching in buddhisum that pisses me off . its say that no matter how rich you are end of the day when you die , you die with nothing . of course this statement is true but buddhisum seems to encourage ppl to give up everything and follow their teaching . come on we only live life once , we work hard we make money because we want to live fullest in life , because we want to give our family a better life . i have been to tibet , the temple is made of gold but the ppl there are living in proverty , everyday just pray to their buddha ..happy liao . its so sad to see that kind of stuff and mentality of ppl over there ..its make you wonder ...does religion really good ? does it control your brain to stop you from doing many things ?

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
if everything on earth can be laugh at ...why cant we laugh at religion ? what so special about religion ? if theres no buddhisum then theres no such mistakes made by buddhist . its not only about 放生 that pissed me off . its about the negative teaching in buddhisum that pisses me off . its say that no matter how rich you are end of the day when you die , you die with nothing . of course this statement is true but buddhisum seems to encourage ppl to give up everything and follow their teaching . come on we only live life once , we work hard we make money because we want to live fullest in life , because we want to give our family a better life . i have been to tibet , the temple is made of gold but the ppl there are living in proverty , everyday just pray to their buddha ..happy liao . its so sad to see that kind of stuff and mentality of ppl over there ..its make you wonder ...does religion really good ? does it control your brain to stop you from doing many things ?

actually that is not true in buddhism teaching bro. what u read is meant for monks, for lay disciples there are separate set of teaching. when u read the original u must read the intro setting, who is it meant for and who are the audience.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
actually that is not true in buddhism teaching bro. what u read is meant for monks, for lay disciples there are separate set of teaching. when u read the original u must read the intro setting, who is it meant for and who are the audience.

for monk ? then why did the monk use it to teach buddha followers ?

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprise!
...'buddhisum seems to encourage ppl to give up everything and follow their teaching...' which Master preach that??? We come with nothing and go with nothing, which is true. When you make it, you're entitle to live to the fullest as you wish for happiness, for your family but not to forget the help from people, direct indirect related to you that helps fulfill that wish. We're always remind to 'give' back to society in any form through donation, charitable work, kind to everyone. Use your success to good influence others, set a good example for your rich circles of family n friends, colleague, stranger, anyone...etc. some Buddhist temple which you might know, provide free food to anyone and everyone. We, Buddhist, can't n won't stress on small things like...will any rich abuse this charitable system? Did they do it to get famous...etc. Right is wrong & wrong is right, a coin has 2 faces, a story or scenario has 2 sides to their stories. Thanks for opening up abit and an opportunity to clear some air. Please enjoy what you sowed for the last 40 years, no one has the right to tell you what to do. Will get back to you about Tibet issue you've brought up. Namo Amitahba!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm surprise!
...'buddhisum seems to encourage ppl to give up everything and follow their teaching...' which Master preach that??? We come with nothing and go with nothing, which is true. When you make it, you're entitle to live to the fullest as you wish for happiness, for your family but not to forget the help from people, direct indirect related to you that helps fulfill that wish. We're always remind to 'give' back to society in any form through donation, charitable work, kind to everyone. Use your success to good influence others, set a good example for your rich circles of family n friends, colleague, stranger, anyone...etc. some Buddhist temple which you might know, provide free food to anyone and everyone. We, Buddhist, can't n won't stress on small things like...will any rich abuse this charitable system? Did they do it to get famous...etc. Right is wrong & wrong is right, a coin has 2 faces, a story or scenario has 2 sides to their stories. Thanks for opening up abit and an opportunity to clear some air. Please enjoy what you sowed for the last 40 years, no one has the right to tell you what to do. Will get back to you about Tibet issue you've brought up. Namo Amitahba!

yes , buddhist give food to everyone ..including those who dont deserve it . theres many lazy ppl around . you rather give him a fish rather then teach him how to fish ? dont help ppl blindly they will take advantage of you . i have learn my lesson on that . thats why you guys never think some ppl will abuse the system being that alone will encourage ppl to abuse it . a right is a right a wrong is a wrong ..it is wrong to steal money even if you steal it and give it to those who needed it . period .

will any rich abuse this charitable system? yes , there is . many rich man drive BMW to get free food from temples .

of course we must help any human being on this earth if they really deserved our help . i have done alot of volunteer works in japan without having to go through any charity or religious organazation . and we dont expect when we die we go heaven because of that . we help because them just because its for mankind and not to get any tickets to heaven . most of those religious ppl wanted rewards so that they do good ...i think thats fucking disgusting .

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if everything on earth can be laugh at ...why cant we laugh at religion ? what so special about religion ? if theres no buddhisum then theres no such mistakes made by buddhist . its not only about 放生 that pissed me off .

The original Buddha never taught "放生" as a practice.

its about the negative teaching in buddhisum that pisses me off . its say that no matter how rich you are end of the day when you die , you die with nothing . of course this statement is true but buddhisum seems to encourage ppl to give up everything and follow their teaching . come on we only live life once , we work hard we make money because we want to live fullest in life , because we want to give our family a better life .

This is not true. There are many instances of lay followers who enjoy the household life as described in numerous Pali suttas, the most famous of which is the wealthy householder Anathapindika.

i have been to tibet , the temple is made of gold but the ppl there are living in proverty , everyday just pray to their buddha ..happy liao . its so sad to see that kind of stuff and mentality of ppl over there ..its make you wonder ...does religion really good ? does it control your brain to stop you from doing many things ?

Personally, I think Tibetan Buddhism is a load of crap. Why let a load of crap cloud your perception?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset