• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wild Honey restaurant slammed for favoring foreigners, and what we can learn from it

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Wild Honey restaurant slammed for favoring foreigners, and what we can learn from

i'm not that weak...i can benchpress 5kg and do 2 chinups. But how to anyhow fight physically? I used reason to convince the manager lor.

I mentioned AK's name

2 chinups fail IPPT go RT! Mention Alamaking name got extra points to redeem for upsizes serving or extra service. :biggrin:

AK how's this version?

Alamaking not involved in this episode. Save for tomorrow or some other day. Too much storytelling today already.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: American expat: Singaporeans behave like ‘chimpanzees’ in the Singapore Zoo

bro trust me, its the other way round. most rich behave that way. the rich esp the 2nd generation (normally the first who work for it are nice folks), most I know or observed are real fucked up and selfish.

yes , maybe you are right about this because those 2nd generation dont know what is hard work ...thank you for correcting me .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

bloody AK....i gave him $5000 to buy for me weed and he bought tea leaves? He must have pocketed the money...no wonder every night go massage

and kio kway ...looks like i sponsor him leh :mad:

no wonder he said he wanted to buy car ...got money for down payment liao !!!!:wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You must be the luckiest guy.

There are 2 main reasons. Firstly local and FT staff tend to take care of foreigners is because of the tip. Many have no clue about the service charge or can't break the habit of tipping. A Singaporean will usually not tip. You see this kind of behavior in restaurants which has a mixed clientele. Another reason why some staff give in to foreigners is the inability to articulate themselves and prefer not to engage in a conversation. Local staff will tell you that Angmo tend to make special request all the time - no gluten, little salt, less sugar, less spicy, not to dry, not to wet, reject dish etc. Seat must be near window, don't bring this plate after 20 mins etc. To avoid all this, they just agree to anything to avoid any further pain.

Angmo is also not afraid to call management. Notice the younger of Singaporeans will not tolerate this nonsense. Look how Gary Tan wrote and then responded, cool as a cucumber. Ang Mo director now stuck.

We owe to our younger generation to speak where our generation has failed. We are only good at fighting with local Malays and Indians.

You should see how Singaporeans behave in SQ Business and first class, any incident keep quiet, other races have to speak up for them.

You see you're writing gibberish here. fyi the older generation was even more aggressive when fighting ang mohs look at what golden dragon wrote about ang moh sailors getting bashed up on the regular and these are tough SOBs.

Ok sinkies behave meekly in 1st class and business class question is which race of sinkies and which races speak up for them? The pinoys, tiongs, blacks? You're not making sense.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was referring to others passengers rude towards the cabin crew, no Singaporean passenger will do anything. I have intervened in the past and Ang Mos have helped, our locals will pretend to look outside the window. You will find rude passengers everywhere but the most demanding are high class Indians from India. Can vomit.

SQ stewardess hates serving their own Singaporeans because they are very demanding and rude, where got keep quiet? LOL

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Wild Honey restaurant slammed for favoring foreigners, and what we can learn from

Actually, most of the time, I don't think its the establishments' policy. More likely, it boils down to the individual concerned. Just the other day I was at Fairprice looking for some ham. I was there first then an angmo came along shortly later. The chau auntie obviously noticed me but chose to serve the angmo first. The angmo was considerate and pointed to me to mean I came first. When the chau auntie turned to serve me, I gave her my death stare; pretty much like saying " are u trying to suck angmo's cock?" You should see the the look on her, priceless. I swear I could feel she was shivering in her skirt. haha

In service line, $ingaporeans seem to have mutual dislike of each other. Customers complain rude services and sales people complain rude customers. One obvious example is the SQ stewardess expression when she sees us on the plane. I prefer to be served by FTs not because I like them but at least they bother to put on a fake smile, while Sinkies just don't bother.

Once I was at a Unity Pharmacy for 10 min and a local aunty at the counter just ignored me and pretended to attend to other matters and thought that I would leave. But I waited and waited until she had to attend to me. I asked why it took so long and she gave some excuses and apologized.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

i must get back my money from him...but now very difficult. Everytime i ask him the money back he tell me to go TCSS thread to talk about it...then he dont come in. :(
no wonder he said he wanted to buy car ...got money for down payment liao !!!!:wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Think the body language is also important too. Some people like to fold their arms like being very defensive and bossy. Another one is putting their hands on the side of the hip (arms akimbo) like machiam sibeh cool like that.

Always make request and not demand. You are more likely to get what you want. The person serving you also paiseh.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i must get back my money from him...but now very difficult. Everytime i ask him the money back he tell me to go TCSS thread to talk about it...then he dont come in. :(

i think you need some ah beng to go outside his house and hang pig head .

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Always make request and not demand. You are more likely to get what you want. The person serving you also paiseh.

not exactly true, sometime really must DEMAND before service is render. Singapore service industry has always bullied their customers by rendering non existent service for too long. they will always BS regulation this or that, so cannot help the customer. Sometime really need to bang table and demand the supervisor to appear before these customer service will get off their butts. But of course, must see what service lah, when it involve food, i will show my displeasure and walk off without paying and i will not touch the food that are served. i kenna extra cookhouse duty before, so i know what sort of "extras" go into the food of the occificers, and this will happen in top restaurants too.

as for the corner table are concern, it up to the joint management discretion. i know most restaurants keep certain tables reserved for their preferred customers, if the restaurant prefer angmo and local sibei behsong, then dont give return biz to the joint anymore lor, no need to get hot under the collar.

Last edited:

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal

426806_10150669478307138_826432137_9302218_893711858_n.jpg

Cedele breakfast actually quite nice, the breads are kept warm and you can eat as much as you want. But expect to pay average $15 for it, quite nice lah

Yes cedele is rather pricey but i will not pay $15 for these two piece of egg