• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why ST did not publish Dr Lee Wei Ling's column

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. plagiarises extensively, about three-quarters of the contents of her contributions are copied from somewhere.

2. her English language skills are mediocre and needed to be reworked to meet the newspaper's standards.

3. her ideas are foggy.

4. she doesn't cross-check the facts that she quotes in her articles.

all these remind us of a tpx here on sbf. :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was speaking to the usual crew last night about this and the consensus is that people who read her response to the allegations of plagiarism were either confused or thought she rebutted the allegation successfully. Just to be clear - it is outright plagiarism. Her disingenuous arguments is that writing articles is not her profession and alluded that for her medical publications she knows what to do. And that she was trying to get her concerns across. Her other silly argument was why they did not tell her its plagiarism earlier as thought she does not know that it is. Her father butchered Harry Elias during the Select Committee hearings by playing around with semantics and meaning despite what Elias protesting that he did not mean those things. Looks likes she indeed her father's daughter.

So she did not rebut anything and attempting to down plagiarism for her grade, background and the mouth that she has is beyond ridiculous.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you giving the guy too much credit. I don't think he ever had a single thought in his working life. The bubble would be a blank. Thats why he keeps disappearing at every crisis.

Lee Hsien Loong's thought bubble. "What would they do to me when they no longer fear the name of Lee?"

My advice to the Prime Minister is to put the name of Ho front and center. Works better if photo is attached. Nothing terrifies more then the lose of sexual desire permanently......LOL

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, looks like Janadas was sucking up to her while she was around. Go to read up on the Hampshire article. So was not surprised that he tried to do his ex-boss Cheong in by ratting to the daughter to while the father was alive. Looks like no one is going to come out of this looking good which bodes well for the country.

And she has....

She also had these earlier in the week:

View attachment 26191

Lee Wei Ling 6 April at 13:12 ·
"honour the spirit of what my father stood for"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I do agree it is getting worse. The only confidence I have in her is that she is similar to her father. She will call it out unlike her brother who will not confront, hides behind Ministers and picks easy and popular items of the agenda - note the numerous selfies with every tom's hairy dick.

If you recall she blasted the nation over he Hui Nah's donations - just like her father. No one else would have done it. Son kept quiet and Roland became rich and wiser. He still does it. She challenged Philip Yeo etc.

Her father probably left her out politics because he put everything into the eldest and treated the females differently per his infamous speech to students at NUS on the role of women while his wife was seated next to him.

She looks like she is now trying to claim her place she feels she is owed. She became her father's companion and confidant after her mother became unwell. So it appears that to her this is her natural progression and the likes in her Facebook as well compliments over her columns is not helping the situation as she thinks she has the country behind her.

As to her brother putting an end to this, I am sure Ivan or Boon Yang would not have the balls to cite plagiarism unless it was cleared at the very top and I mean the brother. So we are looking at external vs internal divide. And her Facebook will show how this is going to evolve.

Bro Scro,

You have more confidence in her than I do. :p

With her latest reply which she had to reply, she sidestepped the issue of plagiarism and now blamed the editors for not telling her. It should be a blame for not telling her all these years. How they must have served her with such worship that she gets away with such delusions about herself and she plagiarised so much that she forgot what it is as there are parties who vetted and re-wrote her stuff for her.

The more she post the more she will look dumb, dumber and dumbest.

All the best to her. I expect her kind brother to help put an end to this silly saga soon but I guess his words get nowhere. Even LKY cannot control the raging free spirit in her, who can?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why hasn't the ISD arrested the SPH editors for their blasphemy against the Founding Daughter? Grassroots feedback says that the peasants are disturbed by the spat between government and press, which has always worked hand-in-hand all these decades to ensure Singapore's prosperity.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I do agree it is getting worse. The only confidence I have in her is that she is similar to her father. She will call it out unlike her brother who will not confront, hides behind Ministers and picks easy and popular items of the agenda - note the numerous selfies with every tom's hairy dick.

If you recall she blasted the nation over he Hui Nah's donations - just like her father. No one else would have done it. Son kept quiet and Roland became rich and wiser. He still does it. She challenged Philip Yeo etc.

Her father probably left her out politics because he put everything into the eldest and treated the females differently per his infamous speech to students at NUS on the role of women while his wife was seated next to him.

She looks like she is now trying to claim her place she feels she is owed. She became her father's companion and confidant after her mother became unwell. So it appears that to her this is her natural progression and the likes in her Facebook as well compliments over her columns is not helping the situation as she thinks she has the country behind her.

As to her brother putting an end to this, I am sure Ivan or Boon Yang would not have the balls to cite plagiarism unless it was cleared at the very top and I mean the brother. So we are looking at external vs internal divide. And her Facebook will show how this is going to evolve.

How true, her eldest brother could only get back at her through others. This old woman has not changed despite writing lots of "goody goody" words in the ST. She knows and uses her "daughter of LKY" mode in her arrogance and dealings as a young girl, as a medical officer, as a senior consultant and now as an old "lady".

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paging dynamic trio ..... paging kuku, chigger and albino eunuch ... please report to the clinic for gays at petain road to reply to scroobal's posts in this thread ...

harrych

Alfrescian
Loyal
paging dynamic trio ..... paging kuku, chigger and albino eunuch ... please report to the clinic for gays at petain road to reply to scroobal's posts in this thread ...

This is f'kin heavy and weighty material and they are coming out of their playpen to be here? Get f'kin serious. Lol lol lol.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Patrick Daniel after he was crucified by the Australian media industry website over his speech and his backtracking thereafter is not going to put his head above the parapet for a long while. The political capital he gained from Durai is probably gone. The guy is still licking his wounds. He deserved it as he kept digging a deeper hole and assuming that the Aussie Editor will kow-tow.

Cheong and Warren , but where is Patrick Daniel in all this?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
LWL has confirmed what we knew all along. That pinky needs his father and is incapable of standing on his own merits.

http://theindependent.sg/lwl-reveals-email-family-feud/

In an ongoing spat with the editors of Straits Times over their refusal to publish her commentary unedited, Dr Lee Wei Ling has released an email correspondence with SPH, and in that email, she has accused Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of “abusing his power”, and described him as a “dishonourable son”.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its all coming out Bro.

LWL has confirmed what we knew all along. That pinky needs his father and is incapable of standing on his own merits.

http://theindependent.sg/lwl-reveals-email-family-feud/

In an ongoing spat with the editors of Straits Times over their refusal to publish her commentary unedited, Dr Lee Wei Ling has released an email correspondence with SPH, and in that email, she has accused Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of “abusing his power”, and described him as a “dishonourable son”.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently people have been writing to her directly over the years complimenting her articles. Looks like the gauntlet has been thrown and there is no come back.

It could also be the resentment over decades of family life and she getting the short end of the straw. When she was young she was packed away every school holiday to Old man's brother's house where his mum was, and she was asked to learn cooking from her. While the eldest was schooled in statecraft including things like Russian. So the sibling rivalry must have festered all these. I am as usual take speculative licence here.

LWL will garner more and more support from sinkies eventually. Now I feel bad for bashing her looks and her written articles.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky strikes back !

http://theindependent.sg/pm-lee-hsi...is-sisters-accusations-are-completely-untrue/

I am deeply saddened by my sister Dr Lee Wei Ling’s claim that I have abused my power to commemorate the one-year anniversary of Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s passing in order to establish a dynasty. The accusations are completely untrue.

The first anniversary of a person’s passing is a significant moment to remember him and reflect on what he meant to us. The more so with Mr Lee Kuan Yew. The Cabinet had discussed how we should mark the occasion. My advice was that we should leave it to ground-up efforts. Groups should keep their observances in proportion, and focussed on the future.

The Cabinet recognised the strong desire of many Singaporeans to show their respect for Mr Lee, and honour what he did for us. We reviewed the events and observances that different groups had planned, and agreed that they were generally appropriate. They expressed the sincerely felt sentiments of Singaporeans, which my Cabinet colleagues and I deeply appreciate.

The idea that I should wish to establish a dynasty makes even less sense. Meritocracy is a fundamental value of our society, and neither I, the PAP, nor the Singapore public would tolerate any such attempt.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
The idea that I should wish to establish a dynasty makes even less sense. Meritocracy is a fundamental value of our society, and neither I, the PAP, nor the Singapore public would tolerate any such attempt.
I bet only JohnTan will swallow hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Apparently people have been writing to her directly over the years complimenting her articles. Looks like the gauntlet has been thrown and there is no come back.

It could also be the resentment over decades of family life and she getting the short end of the straw. When she was young she was packed away every school holiday to Old man's brother's house where his mum was, and she was asked to learn cooking from her. While the eldest was schooled in statecraft including things like Russian. So the sibling rivalry must have festered all these. I am as usual take speculative licence here.

Perhaps now more people will appreciate her in view of this public spat with the powers that be.

You may be right about her resentment and sibling rivalry. Failed relationships aside, this could be the reason she aspires to be a man. :biggrin:

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Pinky strikes back !

http://theindependent.sg/pm-lee-hsi...is-sisters-accusations-are-completely-untrue/

I am deeply saddened by my sister Dr Lee Wei Ling’s claim that I have abused my power to commemorate the one-year anniversary of Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s passing in order to establish a dynasty. The accusations are completely untrue.

The first anniversary of a person’s passing is a significant moment to remember him and reflect on what he meant to us. The more so with Mr Lee Kuan Yew. The Cabinet had discussed how we should mark the occasion. My advice was that we should leave it to ground-up efforts. Groups should keep their observances in proportion, and focussed on the future.

The Cabinet recognised the strong desire of many Singaporeans to show their respect for Mr Lee, and honour what he did for us. We reviewed the events and observances that different groups had planned, and agreed that they were generally appropriate. They expressed the sincerely felt sentiments of Singaporeans, which my Cabinet colleagues and I deeply appreciate.

Well, the Empire needed to strike back due to the Return of the Jedi :biggrin:

dsc_03482.jpg