• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Is Makaapa Banned?

Z

Zombie

<style></style>Noble ideals.The question is what would would you do where it does not work as you planned.?

back to sam's rule no 1

"All systems are open to abuse. It's up to you guys to use the forum responsibly."

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<style></style>Noble ideals.The question is what would would you do where it does not work as you planned.?

To a unsinkified person, they will be able to handle such unexpected incidences as they know how to be creative to solve the problem. They are educated this way since young.

Are you requesting a 10 year series to be given to you?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Poor thing.
Even prc mms who provide community services for Singaporeans, get paid at market rates. :biggrin:

Fortunately I have other sources of income so I am able to continue this community service without too much of a strain on my finances. :p

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
To a unsinkified person, they will be able to handle such unexpected incidences as they know how to be creative to solve the problem. They are educated this way since young.

<style></style>Catch no balls leh.I am simply saying one cannot fly the plane in auto mode all the time.Pilot has to do his job whether he like it or not.

Z

Zombie

Fortunately I have other sources of income so I am able to continue this community service without too much of a strain on my finances. :p

How we wish the prc mms have other sources of income as well. :biggrin:

Z

Zombie

Your unrelenting criticism on sinky behaviour, is quite sinky, do you know? :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...our long time forummer and source of information Makaapa has the indicator "banned" under his moniker. I find this totally incredible that one of the most senior and highly respected forummers is now banned.
I wonder if this thread will see light of day come the morning.
He maybe a source of (skewed headline) news, but a spammer he is too. Not sure he's elevated to your pedestal of "highly respected" status.

Got "immune" to his posts anyhow. You won't miss out on his headliners for long anyhow

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is a comedian needed in a company, you may want to apply for it! The joker is one of the most "higly respected forummers" indeed and you are his court jester!

Almost every cut and paste posting he had is anti-Singapore, anti-government, anti-PM, anti-SM, anti-MM, etc, etc. He is so skewed that he seems to be born with half a brain. Anyway some need to be entertained; he deserves a well-needed a vacation!

myo,

If I find him respectable and assume that most do the same that makes a me jester? I don't know if you were a member in the previous forum, but old timers know that a lot of information comes from Makapaa that the ST refuses to print and for those of us who have lives outside of SG it's nice to read the crap it publishes being demolished.

So what if he is anti-PAP and it's leaders? Unless you have to defend them then it shouldn't bother you. Now the question is, do you have to defend them?

I am not going to insult you nor am I going to give you an infraction for the insult, since you have the right to your opinion.

You probably didn't read in its entirety my post, I said it matters not how skewed a person's opinion is or if he cuts and pastes, I am sure you have done that too.

The issue is if his opinions are muffled or censored then that is indeed troubling.

MentisMortis

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone zapped him with too many infractions so the ban kicked in. It lasts 24 hours.

The ban has got nothing to do with me. It's his peers that have done it to him. :rolleyes:

I checked and there is a list of 4 or 5 other members who have suffered the same fate. It looks like many guys are at war with each other. When are they going to learn to live in harmony instead of this constant state of confrontation?:confused:

Dear Sam,

Thank you for the clarification.

Let me state that relegating your sole purpose as mod in this forum to the pack hounds is a cop out. I mean no disrespect, for I am sure you are quite busy with other things, but self regulatory systems never work, especially if one has some infantile vendetta and would like to shut a person up for whatever reason.

I have received an infraction by some inbred, product of an incestuous sexual tryst of a moron called Watchman for my thread starting post, and this, IMHO, is a good sign of things to come. I thank that moron for making my point no matter how stupid he may be.

If even as you said this forum is not financially viable and it's mere community service, a prolonged battle like this will eventually lead to a trickled migration, even if the visitor numbers are not high or significant, because anybody and everybody is at risk of being banned, be it even for 24 hours.

Anyway thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Best of luck in your money collecting.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
He maybe a source of (skewed headline) news, but a spammer he is too. Not sure he's elevated to your pedestal of "highly respected" status.

Got "immune" to his posts anyhow. You won't miss out on his headliners for long anyhow

YinYang,

Perhaps I shouldn't have used highly respected, but he is still an integral part of this forum and he was quite a source of information in the old forum too. Whether you like his posts or not, I read them and other interesting posts to be informed.

Members of both forums, the before the turn of the century ones like me and a few others, who are always abroad depend on the local cut and paste jobs that Makaapa provided, yes, one can decide to read them or not but I rather have the news reported with the commentaries provided, since they can be thought provoking or terribly funny.

I will not sully my computer by going to stomp or the local news portals, I know I am being selfish but someone is doing a good job already and i benefit from it.

I see that his ban lasts only 24 hours, so all will be well soon anyway.

Thanks and cheers,

MentisMortis

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have received an infraction by some inbred, product of an incestuous sexual tryst of a moron called Watchman for my thread starting post, and this, IMHO, is a good sign of things to come. I thank that moron for making my point no matter how stupid he may be.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

watchman???

of all ppl u receive an infraction from him :confused:

this is the guy keep spaming a pic of a 'pinoy' looking girl without any words or caption.. :biggrin:

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
watchman???

of all ppl u receive an infraction from him :confused:

this is the guy keep spaming a pic of a 'pinoy' looking girl without any words or caption.. :biggrin:

Hi Sifu,

Yes, indeed. This moron gave me an infraction for get this, "pasting chunks of information" or some crap like that.

Well what do you expect from idiot? This is the typical moronic behaviour seen all over the island - doing it out of spite simply because they think they can.

But it is ok, I guess, I heard Chao Yang Special School had some dropouts and it seems they have come here to roost, some people need our sympathy.

Cheers,

MM

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Members police each other. It's up to members to cooperate so that some sort of order is achieved.

The ignore function can be used for troublemakers. Engaging them makes matters worse. The troll who gets no response will soon disappear.

Sam, you should get some mod to police the forum, not just members vs members. There are some irresponsible members like Watchmen to go around giving infractions without any good reason.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well one good thing about him is that he provides us with the Sunday Times weekly hot bod gal, not his fault that some of the gals featured are really not hot bod babes though:biggrin:
Mups is a cool guy. True he often reproduces articles from stomp, shit times but adds his own commentary mostly from the title of his thread to describe the article. That shows his opinion in that matter. Granted he is biased towards PAP and probably even sinkeeland in general but that is the case for ppl in this forum. If ur a pro pappy supporter u generally get shot down.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't bother with infractions/warnings, if i'm correct i have noticed sam has tweaked his system to :

1 infraction/warning given by YOU will delete your 2 postings. (the recipient's posts will not be affected)

This is not good if u want to dig back your old posts but found they have been deleted.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's not perm banned. He'll be back the next day or is it today? Bans are only 24 hrs right? It's not like he'll be gone a long time.

Yes u'll miss today's or yesterday's news. :rolleyes:

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, you should get some mod to police the forum, not just members vs members. There are some irresponsible members like Watchmen to go around giving infractions without any good reason.

Hi Rain,

It matters not, I am glad to receive the infraction for it goes to prove my point that there are morons that will do this for the sake of doing it and this does not bode well for the forum in the end.

We shall see.

Cheers,

MM

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't bother with infractions/warnings, if i'm correct i have noticed sam has tweaked his system to :

1 infraction/warning given by YOU will delete your 2 postings. (the recipient's posts will not be affected)

This is not good if u want to dig back your old posts but found they have been deleted.

Dear Angie,

I see, thanks for this bit of information, it's good that Sam has done this. He truly deserves kudos for that.

Anyway, I am not too overly concerned about infractions too, I am glad i was zapped by that moron, for it shows how a system can be abused.

Cheers,

MM

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

It matters not, I am glad to receive the infraction for it goes to prove my point that there are morons that will do this for the sake of doing it and this does not bode well for the forum in the end.

MM

<style></style>What if our Internet cops aka the Internet Brigade with say 500 registered memberships here keeps giving you infractions?