• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Is Makaapa Banned?

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All,

It's 2 a.m. SG time and I logged on from overseas to see our long time forummer and source of information Makaapa has the indicator "banned" under his moniker.

makapaaa
Banned Join Date: Jul 2008
Infractions: 0/5 (11)
My Reputation:Points: 140 / Power: 0

I find this totally incredible that one of the most senior and highly respected forummers is now banned.

Makaapa is known for his swipes and commentaries on the news and proposes almost always thought provoking p.o.vs in his post.

I seek clasrification from Sam Leong as to why Makaapa is banned.

I wonder whose doings is this and by my raising this issue I stand to be banned to then so be it.

I'd rather go to a forum where information and opinions no matter how skewed it may be, is still the norm and any form of censorship breaches the internet culture of speaking one's mind and all that we hold sacred.

I wonder if this thread will see light of day come the morning.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find this totally incredible that one of the most senior and highly respected forummers is now banned

If there is a comedian needed in a company, you may want to apply for it! The joker is one of the most "higly respected forummers" indeed and you are his court jester!

Almost every cut and paste posting he had is anti-Singapore, anti-government, anti-PM, anti-SM, anti-MM, etc, etc. He is so skewed that he seems to be born with half a brain. Anyway some need to be entertained; he deserves a well-needed a vacation!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is easy to get ban and anyone can get ban except sammyboy

you just need to send like 10 posts of anyone for infraction and the software automatically ban anyone.

this is so call the self regulation system of this forum. it need to change. too easy to misuse.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally a peaceful night here in sammyboy without flooding of spam post copy and paste form the stomp. The person who banned makapa deserve a pat on his shoulder

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mups is a cool guy. True he often reproduces articles from stomp, shit times but adds his own commentary mostly from the title of his thread to describe the article. That shows his opinion in that matter. Granted he is biased towards PAP and probably even sinkeeland in general but that is the case for ppl in this forum. If ur a pro pappy supporter u generally get shot down.

The bad thing is he often posts the same articles in this forum, 3 in 1 and probably the other forums as well so it can get quite repetitive.

Anyhow there's no perm ban so he will be back.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Dear All,

It's 2 a.m. SG time and I logged on from overseas to see our long time forummer and source of information Makaapa has the indicator "banned" under his moniker.

Someone zapped him with too many infractions so the ban kicked in. It lasts 24 hours.

The ban has got nothing to do with me. It's his peers that have done it to him. :rolleyes:

I checked and there is a list of 4 or 5 other members who have suffered the same fate. It looks like many guys are at war with each other. When are they going to learn to live in harmony instead of this constant state of confrontation?:confused:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone zapped him with too many infractions so the ban kicked in. It lasts 24 hours.

The ban has got nothing to do with me. It's his peers that have done it to him. :rolleyes:

I checked and there is a list of 4 or 5 other members who have suffered the same fate. It looks like many guys are at war with each other. When are they going to learn to live in harmony instead of this constant state of confrontation?:confused:

you start a system that is open to abuse. it is open to misuse. Please stop this infraction system. it does not serve it's purpose.

some fxxker just infract me for no reason at all.
they just want to start war.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
you start a system that is open to abuse. it is open to misuse. Please stop this infraction system. it does not serve it's purpose.

some fxxker just infract me for no reason at all.
they just want to start war.

All systems are open to abuse. It's up to you guys to use the forum responsibly.

I have limited my responsibilities to providing the hardware, the software and the bandwidth to keep this forum up and running. I'll pop in regularly to do some housekeeping but I'm not going to manage how members interact with each other.

My only message to everyone is GROW UP AND BEHAVE LIKE ADULTS for a change.

The forum is what the members collectively make of it. It can turn out to be a wealth of information and intellectual intercourse or it can be come a cesspool of hatred and infantile rivalry. It's over to you guys. Have fun and show some gratitude to Uncle Sammy for providing the infrastructure to run this forum instead of constantly demanding that I be responsible for everything that happens here. :p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All systems are open to abuse. It's up to you guys to use the forum responsibly.

I have limited my responsibilities to providing the hardware, the software and the bandwidth to keep this forum up and running. I'll pop in regularly to do some housekeeping but I'm not going to manage how members interact with each other.

The forum is what the members collectively make of it. It can turn out to be a wealth of information and intellectual intercourse or it can be come a cesspool of hatred and infantile rivalry. It's over to you guys. Have fun and show some gratitude to Uncle Sammy for providing the infrastructure to run this forum instead of constantly demanding that I be responsible for everything that happens here. :p

you are not afraid that people jump ships due to frustration with lack of good housekeeping and bad features.

Ripley

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think theres no permanent ban here, only 24hrs unless moderator ban the nick. Don't like a person's posting can always set him to ignore.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Calling a cut-and-paste idiot "respected" must mean that kids like you are easily excitable...or a clone.

He never has anything to add on his own, just mainly sideswipe, cheapshot oneliners that reflect the Stinkie attitude in him.

I remember when Leongsam banned him on Delphi for taking up too much bandwidth, his infantile instincts went off a tangent and he was accusing all and sundry about "freedom of speech", "human rights" violations and threatening overthrowing "dictatorships" in forums.

His own competing forum then fell flat on its face, probably because he hardly participated in threads and when he did, only exposed the immature, prepubescent brain of his.

That idiot deserved to be banned 6 days a week and given 1 hour a week to cut and paste all he wants, this forum will not be worse off for it, in fact, there may be more people who would actually participate.

I remember the incident of him getting banned by sam. That was when he kept on spamming threads with his pics of LHL and LKY etc with their faces PSed and also phrases like greed and sundry etc, after sam allowed hotlinking in the old forum. He complained to uncleyap who brought it up in the forum. Sam then warned him not to do it again. DUring that period that he was banned he set up his own delphi forum but it soon died off. It's boring posting news articles and nobody wants to read an comment in them.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you are not afraid that people jump ships due to frustration with lack of good housekeeping and bad features.

Being afraid is a very sinkie trait. I think you mixed too much with sinkies, it is time for you to stay away.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear All,

makapaaa
Banned Join Date: Jul 2008
Infractions: 0/5 (11)
My Reputation:Points: 140 / Power: 0

I find this totally incredible that one of the most senior and highly respected forummers is now banned.

Makaapa is known for his swipes and commentaries on the news and proposes almost always thought provoking p.o.vs in his post.

I seek clasrification from Sam Leong as to why Makaapa is banned.

I wonder whose doings is this and by my raising this issue I stand to be banned to then so be it.

I'd rather go to a forum where information and opinions no matter how skewed it may be, is still the norm and any form of censorship breaches the internet culture of speaking one's mind and all that we hold sacred.

I wonder if this thread will see light of day come the morning.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

It is because some PAP losers cannot tahan the way Makapaa wacked them. Hahahahah!!!!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

This forum does not run on a commercial basis so the traffic levels make no difference to me.

The forum is a community service for Singaporeans who want to have a say. Use the facilities as you deem fit.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

<style></style>Just one question Sam.Do you prequalify a member?If not why do you set a yardstick in auto mode as it would be measuring the immeasurable?

In short every authority should have some discretionary power.If not it would be like Leegime ruling this country with sets of laws and mandatory punishments.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
<style></style>Just one question.Do you prequalify a member?If not why do you set a yardstick in auto mode as it would be measuring the immeasurable?

<style></style>In short every authority should have some discretionary power.If not it would be like Leegime ruling this country with sets of mandatory laws.

Members police each other. It's up to members to cooperate so that some sort of order is achieved.

The ignore function can be used for troublemakers. Engaging them makes matters worse. The troll who gets no response will soon disappear.

Z

Zombie

This forum does not run on a commercial basis so the traffic levels make no difference to me.

The forum is a community service for Singaporeans who want to have a say. Use the facilities as you deem fit.

Poor thing.
Even prc mms who provide community services for Singaporeans, get paid at market rates. :biggrin:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Members police each other. It's up to members to cooperate so that some sort of order is achieved.

The ignore function can be used for troublemakers. Engaging them makes matters worse. The troll who gets no response will soon disappear.

<style></style>Noble ideals.The question is what would would you do where it does not work as you planned.?