• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why has Malaysia failed to develop into a first world country like Singapore?

worcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia its a country that "share" its resources with all the ones in power...

A bit anti foreign investment or malaysia will be more prosperous than singapore...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too much divisions in their political landscape. Corruption and the lopsided Bumiputra policies also preventing Malaysia from climbing above Singapore. As long as there is UMNO , the pro Malay nationalist parties, the mad Mullahs from PAS, Malaysia will have a hard time dislodging Sinkapore. And the insistence of the usage of Malay in all their school lessons and civil service, no wonder their English really can't make it. It will be very very hard for any Government of the day to change the mindset of the Malaysians especially the ultra Malays.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
During Lee Kuan Yew's term as prime minister from 1959 to 1990, his administration curbed unemployment, raised the standard of living and implemented a large-scale public housing programme. The country's economic infrastructure was developed, racial tension was eliminated and an independent national defence system was created. Singapore evolved from a dying nation to first world status towards the end of the 20th century.[2]

Extracts from:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Republic_of_Singapore#:~:text=Singapore evolved from a dying,succeeded Lee as Prime Minister.

That was ages ago. It certainly isn't 1st world now.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even a so called successful state like Penang under the DAP the reincarnation of the bastard PAP, I don't think Penang infrastructures have really improved much under them. Their roads still have many potholes , in fact Penang reminds me of what Sinkapore used to be back then with their colonial buildings, and great food. I had bumpy time driving through Penang roads last January.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too much divisions in their political landscape. Corruption and the lopsided Bumiputra policies also preventing Malaysia from climbing above Singapore. As long as there is UMNO , the pro Malay nationalist parties, the mad Mullahs from PAS, Malaysia will have a hard time dislodging Sinkapore. And the insistence of the usage of Malay in all their school lessons and civil service, no wonder their English really can't make it. It will be very very hard for any Government of the day to change the mindset of the Malaysians especially the ultra Malays.
My 3 cents worth

it’s not UMNO per ce , it’s a one party that had remained in power for 60 years

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I certainly Know the Malay peninsula better than any one in this forum or most Malaysian or Indonesians themselves , not only I have been to every nook and corner of this region but know almost all natives of different specimens and the current political situations as well as human migration to this part of the world

and you are wrong , most certainly wrong

firstly, chinks came crawling hungry and without much clothes on them to this region simply out of desperation while 180 millions of Cheenas were dying of hunger in China

secondly , chinks concentrated in port areas during their arrival and stayed there too , so , there would not have fraternised much with natives who are not Muslims , this is proven so even in today’s context since the bulk of chinese concentration in peninsular Malaysia is Penang , Malacca and Singapore , all port cities

even in Indonesia the bulk of chinks concentration was in Palembang historically ,a port city , that preceded malacca sultanate ,the only exception where chinks in numbers that was not a city is in Pontian in Kalimantan but there again they remained only farmers and quite backwards too

Hinduism and Buddhism were the religion of Malaya and Java before Islam. So if there is any invading religion, it should be the Islam spread by Arab. If Malays were so interested in getting back to their roots, they should ditch Islam and convert back to Hindu and Buddhist.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even a so called successful state like Penang under the DAP the reincarnation of the bastard PAP, I don't think Penang infrastructures have really improved much under them. Their roads still have many potholes , in fact Penang reminds me of what Sinkapore used to be back then with their colonial buildings, and great food. I had bumpy time driving through Penang roads last January.
DAP simply resorted selling state lands to Developers ....and that naturally increased their GDP

that’s all

in that process DAP pocketed themselves a lots and lots of monies too

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hinduism and Buddhism were the religion of Malaya and Java before Islam. So if there is any invading religion, it should be the Islam spread by Arab. If Malays were so interested in getting back to their roots, they should ditch Islam and convert back to Hindu and Buddhist.
Neither Hinduism Nor Buddhism were the religions of c .Why ? Because Hinduism particularly gave the rulers the godly given rights to kill anyone and take anybody’ s wife as theirs . In short Hinduism justified a rulers atrocities as god given rights but it did not sit well with the ordinary native folks

Buddhism came into Malay peninsula , simply because after Asoka vanquishing the Kalinga kingdom, in India ; some of the royal princes escaped to Malay peninsula ,particularly Sumatra , as they have earlier traded in this region

both Hinduism and Buddhism were the religions of royalties not the people

but Islam came into the scenario not through invasion but by marriage , the sultan of malacca married an Indian Muslim trader’ s daughter and changed his name from Parmeshwara to Ishkandder Shah thus converting to Islam

initially only royalties were Muslim but slowly Islam took root in Malay peninsula simply because unlike Hinduism where a lot of rituals were require for conversing , Islam conversion was quite simplistic by reciting alliance to Allah and that Mohammed is his last prophet ...mostly because also that anyone can be a preacher unlike Hinduism and Buddhism only a selected few who can master them scripts in Sanskrit and Pali could qualify to preach

in short , the simplicity of a God In Islam who is in direct contact with simple folks without in between such as priests , appeal to the natives much more

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither Hinduism Nor Buddhism were the religions of c .Why ? Because Hinduism particularly gave the rulers the godly given rights to kill anyone and take anybody’ s wife as theirs . In short Hinduism justified a rulers atrocities as god given rights but it did not sit well with the ordinary native folks

Buddhism came into Malay peninsula , simply because after Asoka vanquishing the Kalinga kingdom, in India ; some of the royal princes escaped to Malay peninsula ,particularly Sumatra , as they have earlier traded in this region

both Hinduism and Buddhism were the religions of royalties not the people

but Islam came into the scenario not through invasion but by marriage , the sultan of malacca married an Indian Muslim trader’ s daughter and changed his name from Parmeshwara to Ishkandder Shah thus converting to Islam

initially only royalties were Muslim but slowly Islam took root in Malay peninsula simply because unlike Hinduism where a lot of rituals were require for conversing , Islam conversion was quite simplistic by reciting alliance to Allah and that Mohammed is his last prophet ...mostly because also that anyone can be a preacher unlike Hinduism and Buddhism only a selected few who can master them scripts in Sanskrit and Pali could qualify to preach

in short , the simplicity of a God In Islam who is in direct contact with simple folks without in between such as priests , appeal to the natives much more

Nonsense. Islam is like hotel California where you can get in but never allow to go out without heavy punishment. That's how Islam continue to hijack the population. With this cult ruling, Many will be more then willing to leave such backward religion.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not recently. Is long ago. Eventually, they will realise that they need to open up or else how they gonna feed their 1.4b people. Deng seek LKY advice and the dragon awaken. So all thanks to LKY?
I thought deng seeked Robert kuok and all those businessmen in hong kong for advice.hence Shenzhen.hong kong helped China to reform.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even penang airport sucks. Terminal too small. And they build the second bridge at the wrong place. It was suppose to be north of the island, but badawi built it south. North is where all the traffic is.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense. Islam is like hotel California where you can get in but never allow to go out without heavy punishment. That's how Islam continue to hijack the population. With this cult ruling, Many will be more then willing to leave such backward religion.
I have never heard about any hotel in California where you can never check out after settling the bill.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the very 1st place there is very large number of 3Rd World living very good lives happily in this world.

WRONG AND CHILDISH ASSUMPTION that they all want to become Pee Said 1st World.

It is NOT a COMPULSORY objectives nor a really worthwhile effort.

Many in Pee Sai are regretful not surprised. Of those not yet regretted they may still regret later.

So called 1st world isn't big fuck. Not at all.

NOT everyone will shared such egotistical dreams.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never heard about any hotel in California where you can never check out after settling the bill.

This is a figure of speech from the song Hotel California by a band group called Eagles. I didn't know that you were living under a stone. "Living under a stone" is also a figure of speech. Just in case you don't know that too.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even penang airport sucks. Terminal too small. And they build the second bridge at the wrong place. It was suppose to be north of the island, but badawi built it south. North is where all the traffic is.

Tot u say without cheena Msia will be like shit hole. Penang CM LGE, no? Race, IQ?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the late Tunku Abdul Rahman if he still alive, he must be disappointed with how things turning out now in Malaysia. Religious zealots , fanatical Ultra Malays. This man during his lifetime is really a stuff of legends. He was still drinking whiskey until his last days and yet prayed religiously 5 times a day. He's a good Malay model. He didn't discriminate other races. In fact I once read, when a PAS Mullah came to visit him in his house one early morning , the late Tunku had just finished drinking one shot of whiskey, that was his daily routine fix after his morning prayers. PAS Mullah was stunned but kept his own counsel due to his respect for the Malaysian independence hero. If all Malays are like the late late Tunku , then I believe all races in Matland would co exist in harmony.