• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why has Malaysia failed to develop into a first world country like Singapore?

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
This issue has always puzzled me. None of the traditional reasons people usually cite convinced me why Malaysia lags behind despite numerous natural advantages.

After years of deliberation, I’ve settled on a theory that makes the most sense to me. But first, let’s take a little detour and examine the popular reasons proffered—and why I don’t think they properly explain the lack of development.

More at https://www.quora.com/Why-has-Malaysia-failed-to-develop-into-a-first-world-country-like-Singapore

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes not developing that rapidly is actually a blessing in disguise.

At least in Malaysia, historical cemeteries aren't desecrated in the name of 'development'. :rolleyes:

I am very interested to find out what happens to the old Tanjong Pagar Railway Station, will become the Cantonment Circle Line MRT station in 2025. Let's see how well they are going to conserve the building.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because they introduce a race based wealth sharing concept and " 5 year plans". Sounds familiar? It's also used in soviet union if you disregard the race part.
Tun Abdul Razak was a closet communist in my opinion.
The quota system stifles growth and malaysia most likely will not achieve its full potential if they continue with this policy.
Data suggest the so called NEP has not achieve its objective and to continue with it will only bring the entire nation down.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS should reply the post, say Malaysia got feudal mindset, Singapore got eunuch disease. People shuffling papers all day keep emperor happy, behind his back highly vested in pop white paper, ceca and properties. :unsure:

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese majority countries normally ends in chaos unless English law is applied.
Nonsense. China now is the biggest gdp in ppp standard. Taiwan is also advance and is also safe and can go out at night. Msia, Indon, Burma, Philippines, Thailand richest people are chinese and they are minority.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is chaos, it's because outside forces instigated and sponsored it.
God knows how many people Kuomintang executed and tortured in taiwan on grounds of being a suspected communist . There was even a movie where the man who like another's wife reported to the authorities that the husband is a communist spy and was executed. The guy eventually married the wife,

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense. China now is the biggest gdp in ppp standard. Taiwan is also advance and is also safe and can go out at night. Msia, Indon, Burma, Philippines, Thailand richest people are chinese and they are minority.
Chinese 8n south east asia have business contacts outside the country whereas native do not.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
God knows how many people Kuomintang executed and tortured in taiwan on grounds of being a suspected communist . There was even a movie where the man who like another's wife reported to the authorities that the husband is a communist spy and was executed. The guy eventually married the wife,

Movies besides being a source of entertainment is also a propaganda tool. I wouldn't believe it too much.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good tat mudland is 3rd world. Singkieland does not need more competition. If only we got rid of the mudland scums