• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
old man , read my post again ...what gates you talking about ? bill gates ? theres no gate to open in the first place ..you can go on and on to justify your stupidlity ..who need offering when in fact theres no one to collect your self delusion offers ( maybe theres some ah neh and ah tiong waiting to pick up your " offering " ) . chinese make offering to protect everybody ? then why are there accident on the road everyday ? who need your offering ? all the things you offer just make yourself feel good ...thats about it . thats what i call self-delusion . old man , of course you dont give a dam what ppl think about your cults if not you wont be polluting the air and littering all over the streets...because of your delusion, selfishness and inconsiderate behaviour your cult cause so many problems ...and you still want to talk about peace and harmony ? go get a mirror now .

You still don't get it, do you?
Read my post again.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro , Not true , Japanese also do it in the public , see !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Japanese Penis Festival

More respectfully known as the ‘Japanese Fertility Festival’, but let’s not beat around the bush here, this is a bizarre matsuri that is full of phallic shaped sweets, giant wooden penises and rice cakes as hard as canon balls.

So if you are easily offended, under the legal age to view this sort of stuff or don’t want to suffer my awful puns, you would be well advised to steer clear. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! Okay, with that out the way, let’s get stuck into quite possibly the most exciting Japanese festival you could possibly plunge yourself into – the Penis Festival! Video of the day included at the end of this post!

http://gakuranman.com/japanese-penis-festival/

did the japanese cause air pollution by burning joss sticks ? did the japanese leave unwanted stuff on the street after the festival ? yes , every country have their own festival the problem only started when festival go out of control . and for your information " penis festival " dont happen in tokyo ..most japanese who was staying in tokyo dont even know " penis festival " even exists . " penis festival " is only known in Tagata jinja and is in a small town North of Nagoya .

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
did the japanese cause air pollution by burning joss sticks ? did the japanese leave unwanted stuff on the street after the festival ? and for your information " penis festival " dont happen in tokyo ..most japanese who was staying in tokyo dont even know " penis festival " even exists . " penis festival " is only known in Tagata jinja and is in a small town North of Nagoya .

btw..what is this penis festival about..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
btw..what is this penis festival about..

its just some older delusion japanese staying in a small town who believe that the fertility festival held to pray for a fruitful harvest, meant both in respect to the farming industry and also to families or couples wishing for a successful conception – a safe ‘harvest’ of children . which is fuckin stupid .

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
its just some older delusion japanese staying in a small town who believe that the fertility festival held to pray for a fruitful harvest, meant both in respect to the farming industry and also to families or couples wishing for a successful conception – a safe ‘harvest’ of children . which is fuckin stupid .

ic ic..thanks for the clarification..

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess stuff like this is better to just let go and dont bother about it, And see it as in culture and tradition which makes life more colorful. When i was in aus, I remembered saying that the country is pretty culturally dry and there is not much of a culture other then the Hippies with Joints in their hands in colorful clothes.

Being in a western country has made me proud that i still have culture and follow tradition. Being a non-Chinese i do too get annoyed with people burning cars, houses and women and the most annoying will be when your next door neighbors starts to burn it infront of her door.(Many times i was going to close the door but my mother told me not to, cos its rude..Anyways i had to cover my mouth with my shirt) But end of the day, Other then the pollution to my lungs. Im willing to let go due to Tradition. I guess it gives the person following the tradition some comfort n as another human being, You ought to let it be.

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess stuff like this is better to just let go and dont bother about it, And see it as in culture and tradition which makes life more colorful. When i was in aus, I remembered saying that the country is pretty culturally dry and there is not much of a culture other then the Hippies with Joints in their hands in colorful clothes.

Being in a western country had sort of made me proud that i still have culture and follow tradition. Being a non-Chinese i do too get annoyed with people burning cars, houses and women and the most annoying will be when your next door neighbors starts to burn it infront of her door.(Many times i was going to close the door but my mother told me not to, cos its rude..Anyways i had to cover my mouth with my shirt) But end of the day, Other then the pollution to my lungs. Im willing to let go due to Tradition. Tradition must always continue.

Yes, if we forgo all these festivals - ghost month, thaipusam, we will end up with nothing whole year round. Sometimes I do look forward to Muslims marriages on void deck and the noise that goes with it. It happens once in a long while and the music does lighten up the neighbour.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, if we forgo all these festivals - ghost month, thaipusam, we will end up with nothing whole year round. Sometimes I do look forward to Muslims marriages on void deck and the noise that goes with it. It happens once in a long while and the music does lighten up the neighbour.

old man , having festival does not mean you can suka suka dirty the area or suka suka pollute the air ....

chongyk7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Why do'nt you try kick all the prayer items when we chinese pray , then you will know the anwser?

maam

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
now..its your turn to read my post .

Your posting are those questioning my initial posting. You want answers?
So go read my posting again.

We Chinese burnt gold, silver papers and give offerings to the Ghost durng this month so that all our fellow citzens regardless of Race, Language or Religion can live through the month in Peace and Harmony with our fellows citzens returning from the Nether World.
When the Gates of the Nether World opens these souls have to be appeased. Who is going to do it? You Christian, or you Muslim or you Aethist or you whatever reiligion?
We have a greater responsibility then you fellow citizens could possibly fathom. You weep for the poor child who has asthma. While the sickness of the poor child is tragic, what we do probably saves lives.
While our action are grotesque and incomprehensible to you people, it saves lives.
You people don't want the truth because deep down you don't talk about it in places but parties, you people want us to make the offerings. You need us to make the offerings.
We Chinese make these offerings protecting everybody. You people use these offerings as a punch line against us.
We Chinese have neither the time nor the inclinations to explain ourselves to you people who rises and sleep under the very blanket of protectiion we Chinese provide; and then question the manner we provide them.
We rather you people just say "Thank You" and be on your way.
Otherwise, we Chinese suggest you people take up the responsibility and make the offerings yourself.
Either way we Chinese don't give a damn what you people are entitled to.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your posting are those questioning my initial posting. You want answers?
So go read my posting again.

We Chinese burnt gold, silver papers and give offerings to the Ghost durng this month so that all our fellow citzens regardless of Race, Language or Religion can live through the month in Peace and Harmony with our fellows citzens returning from the Nether World.
When the Gates of the Nether World opens these souls have to be appeased. Who is going to do it? You Christian, or you Muslim or you Aethist or you whatever reiligion?
We have a greater responsibility then you fellow citizens could possibly fathom. You weep for the poor child who has asthma. While the sickness of the poor child is tragic, what we do probably saves lives.
While our action are grotesque and incomprehensible to you people, it saves lives.
You people don't want the truth because deep down you don't talk about it in places but parties, you people want us to make the offerings. You need us to make the offerings.
We Chinese make these offerings protecting everybody. You people use these offerings as a punch line against us.
We Chinese have neither the time nor the inclinations to explain ourselves to you people who rises and sleep under the very blanket of protectiion we Chinese provide; and then question the manner we provide them.
We rather you people just say "Thank You" and be on your way.
Otherwise, we Chinese suggest you people take up the responsibility and make the offerings yourself.
Either way we Chinese don't give a damn what you people are entitled to.

dont go around in circle ..it does not make you any smarter .

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
old man , having festival does not mean you can suka suka dirty the area or suka suka pollute the air ....

Agree, respecting religions is one thing, but religions should respect others too. Shouldn't suka-suka in the name of religion.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont confuse Education with intelligence. You have to remember that this traditions have been around for thousands of years, but the western mindset and lifestyle you are practicing now and exposed to is only started with your birth.(Your parents and grandparents were not exposed to this) Its funny esp when i see the Chinese picking up ang moh names, Me and my friends would usually tease them cos we find it plain stupid to try action ang moh. Yes we minorities find it silly. An end of the day.. I have more trust in Tradition then no-tradition. For example i would rather go for Tradition herbs instead of modern day western medicine that is made with chemicals. Cos i believe Chemical kills, Herbs heal.

P.s... Be proud that you have this cultures and tradition, cos it makes life abit more beautiful. Since i came back from overseas.. Im sort of happy whenever i see a malay wedding, a chinese funeral on the road or Thaipusam.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
And unless like my case where my neighbor is just plain ignorant to know that others wont be happy with smoke going into the house, I guess those burning at the bottom of the void deck is ok, cos obviously we are living in a concret jungle with no other space other then Lorong asrama. And guys.. Stop being a bunch of Wuss. Cars/bikes are polluting you YEAR ROUND EVERY SINGLE SECOND, doesnt mean you dont seem the smoke coming out from the exhaust like in 3rd world country, It doesnt mean that you are not being constantly fed with toxics. We have to know that we are living in a city where our houses are next to roads, Even now at home with your window open, You are inhaling toxin fumes.

Lifes a bitch, so just go for the farking ride.

Last edited:

dankos

i m quite sure some of the guys that complained about chinese burning offerings causing air pollution are themselves smokers. contradicting?