• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Who r the best tenants? Sinkies? Ah Tiong?Ah Nehs? Ang Mos?...etc

I have had no direct, personal experience renting to Ah Neh, it is because I have never met a single Ah Neh who will pay my asking rental, or asking price.

In my experience, it is very difficult to get Ah Neh to spend money. This does not include the Marina Bay Suites and Amber Road type of Ah Neh. But the latter type Big Spender Ah Neh seem to be a very small percentage out of the total number of Ah Neh in the Market.

Even in HDB, in all my years, I have never seen a single Ah Neh meet the seller's asking COV. Meanwhile, the Chinese buyer has sapu the unit and started to plan for renovations already!!!!!!

Your experience, where the Ah Neh renter months after signing and staying in the unit, ask for full renovations, sounds like a Neighbour of mine. I guess he is not as careful as me when it comes to picking tenants!!!!!!

ROFL if you expect a shit skin to actually agree to the asking price well let's just say one has a better chance of seeing a unicorn fly over a rainbow.

Don Muthuswamy

Am going to be out of tenant soon for my condo unit. I always dread this exercise of getting new tenants because u don't know what u r going to get. I know I prob avoid Indians because they have been known to thrash the place. Chinamen ok but sometimes u get the occasional bad apples. Local upgraders... Well I know what to expect but they often break the contract halfway if they have other options. The best is Ang Mo ..Americans or European who r here on expat terms. Like that boom town Charlie!!

De last X I let out my flat 2 an Ang Moh wen I was wking in HK. He paid de rent on X & no complains. Keling is definite no. My fren had act rent out 2 a keling family fm India & he told me it was a nitemare. Hi kids made a lot of noise, a lot of tings were damaged & a lot of complains from de nieghbours. Finally he had 2 ask dem 2 FO!!!!!

sickpuppy

Through my years of renting out my east coast condo I have encounter lots of tenants let me recall some of them.

1. The Gay Chef. Very handsome chap and very polite no problem with him. Pays the rent on time only thing that I feel a bit uneasy is he and his bf in their undies when once in a while I pop in to collect the rent.

2. The Matlasia Chow Ah Hua. Told me she is a beauty consultant. Left without telling us, damage the door lock, spoil the wall paint works and left the ele. n water bill not paid.

3. The Indo Husband n Wife. Look well dresses and cultured, paid on time and quite quiet type till my neighbors called up 1 day and asked me how many people I rented my unit out to. Went up to take a look and saw their whole kampong staying inside my condo. Can't blame also they were doing well until Shoharto kicked the bucket and those indos were out in full force cina babi hunting. Have to redo my whole kitchen they burned my kitchen table top and damaged some of the walls.

4. Sinkie Chow Ah Beng. No $ but want to stay in a condo everytime must call a few times before I can see my rent. Got fed up kick him off but he die die still put his address as my condo and at night sneak in to get his mail. Have to change all my locks as he made a copy of all my house keys. When kick him out KPKB and showed my wife and the agent the center finger.

5. Ah Neh Computer kid. Just over 25yo already drawing 7k/mth working at some computer dept of a bank. Very quiet and tidy chap but everytime I go inspect sure got something broken. Like 1 time don't know how he use until the toilet bowl can crack, washing machine breakdown, hall sofa 1 big hole in the center. Everytime give excuse ware and tare. He was willing to pay but always gets a cheaper model and I also pai sa to call him come up for the full value. After he moved back to India when his contract matured my neighbors told me that he was more like a gigalo that a computer kid every weekend got a different gf over.

6. The Ah Tiong Couple. They are the present tenant. The husband is quite friendly and talkative person whereas the wife is the if you don't speak to her she won't speak to you but just smile. Everytime like some minor thing got damaged and they replaced or repair them the man would tell you some long story of how much trouble he went through to get it done and how well he is taking care of the house. He is a electrical eng. working for US company sometimes he would complain to me my house ele appl are getting old and using a lot of electricity and his utility bill is high. So far only rented to them for 6mths so cannot see true colors yet.

7. Finally the Ang Moh. Nope never rented out to 1 before. But my neighbor had and he cursed the day he rented out to 1. Just so happened he was unlucky to rent to a robber. This ang moh was a banker from scotland working for ABN ( can't remember full details happened around 7yrs back I think ). When this ang moh got fired he didn't tell the landlord. He sold off everything in the house including the house fixtures like the lighting too. Then he flew away. At then end of the month when my neighbor did not receive the rent he tried to call him up but failed and when he went to his apt to check all he saw was an empty unit.

Don Muthuswamy

Through my years of renting out my east coast condo I have encounter lots of tenants let me recall some of them.

5. Ah Neh Computer kid. After he moved back to India when his contract matured my neighbors told me that he was more like a gigalo that a computer kid every weekend got a different gf over.

Must b ah neh girls rite??? Oder girls how 2 stand his BO???? :biggrin:

Interesting read bro.

Let me continue ........

My friend rented his 2-bedroom apartment to a family from Pinoyland. Sui sui. Husband and wife in master bedroom. 2 young kids in another. Rental sui sui for 6 months. Not a day late. Friend would collect at unit.

After 6 months, tenant told my friend didn't want to trouble him. Meet outside pay rental. Also sui sui. Never a day late.

After 1 year or thereabouts, my friend attended a function at his condo on a weekend. Friend's son or daughter's birthday. Since he was there, went up to his unit. First sign of trouble were the number of pairs of shoes outside his unit. He then pressed the doorbell.

To his horror, when the door was opened, his condo unit was no longer recognizable! Tenant made A&A to his unit. Managed to partition 2 very small rooms in the already small living room. Each room had 2 occupants. Extra 4 heads!

Straightaway contacted agent to evict tenant.

B Man

I agree that you seem to have little experience with the "MBS or Amber Rd Ah Neh".

To tell you the truth, the richer they are the worst they become. They will not pay rent and flatly tell you to get lost. They will expect you to grovel at their feet to even extract a cent out of them. And yes; you have to speak to their nostrils mostly.

I have had no direct, personal experience renting to Ah Neh, it is because I have never met a single Ah Neh who will pay my asking rental, or asking price.

In my experience, it is very difficult to get Ah Neh to spend money. This does not include the Marina Bay Suites and Amber Road type of Ah Neh. But the latter type Big Spender Ah Neh seem to be a very small percentage out of the total number of Ah Neh in the Market.

Even in HDB, in all my years, I have never seen a single Ah Neh meet the seller's asking COV. Meanwhile, the Chinese buyer has sapu the unit and started to plan for renovations already!!!!!!

Your experience, where the Ah Neh renter months after signing and staying in the unit, ask for full renovations, sounds like a Neighbour of mine. I guess he is not as careful as me when it comes to picking tenants!!!!!!

B Man

Mostly drunk ang mo girls from Clark quay or Boat quay.. just hang around the Attica area and watch.

You should see how fast and how quickly they swarm around a lone tipsy or lone drunk woman. And how fast they offer to "take her home". And again yes, these are the office professional types not the FT construction types.

Must b ah neh girls rite??? Oder girls how 2 stand his BO???? :biggrin:

Ok, the undisputed champion are the shit skins, any close 2nd? Sushi, Kimchi and betel nuts sound like the best 3..

2nd place the PRCs followed by the pinoy. And all work permit holders.

But be warned never rent to local m&ds. You will never see much of the rent at the end of the day!

2nd place the PRCs followed by the pinoy. And all work permit holders.

But be warned never rent to local m&ds. You will never see much of the rent at the end of the day!

Opps looks like some m&ds are going to get offended by this even though they owe the rent. Anyway isn't it the same with one's own m&d frens that always try to "borrow" money from you or try to get you to belanja them.

Thanks for the interesting read. Could I ask why you need to collect in cash? Other than for tax reasons seems a bit cumbersome.

Here is a suggestion that I found useful. When you advertise, say that it "suits Japanese Executive and family" Once you have Japanese family, the word gets around and they have a closed network. Thereafter lots of referrals once the exiting tenant leaves. Only caution is not to rent to Japanese single males.

Ang Mos are for some reason known for emptying the house especially when they have a dispute with the landlord. They will boldly claim that they have to sell the landlord's chattels to reimburse them for contract shortfalls such as not providing the right ambience as promised i.e.. construction work nearby.

sickpuppy

Thanks for the interesting read. Could I ask why you need to collect in cash? Other than for tax reasons seems a bit cumbersome.

Here is a suggestion that I found useful. When you advertise, say that it "suits Japanese Executive and family" Once you have Japanese family, the word gets around and they have a closed network. Thereafter lots of referrals once the exiting tenant leaves. Only caution is not to rent to Japanese single males.

Ang Mos are for some reason known for emptying the house especially when they have a dispute with the landlord. They will boldly claim that they have to sell the landlord's chattels to reimburse them for contract shortfalls such as not providing the right ambience as promised i.e.. construction work nearby.

I collect cash from them I also go up once in a while to check on them and the property to see no hanky panky and condition of the property. Sometimes if the neighbors are free I chat up with them and see got any gossip about the tenants. Japs got come to see my unit before but their counter offer was too low and demanding so I rejected them.

enterprise2

I collect cash from them I also go up once in a while to check on them and the property to see no hanky panky and condition of the property. Sometimes if the neighbors are free I chat up with them and see got any gossip about the tenants. Japs got come to see my unit before but their counter offer was too low and demanding so I rejected them.

Yes always best to do spot check on your unit from time to time...to avoid getting electric shock next time!!

Charlie258

Interesting read bro.

Let me continue ........

My friend rented his 2-bedroom apartment to a family from Pinoyland. Sui sui. Husband and wife in master bedroom. 2 young kids in another. Rental sui sui for 6 months. Not a day late. Friend would collect at unit.

After 6 months, tenant told my friend didn't want to trouble him. Meet outside pay rental. Also sui sui. Never a day late.

After 1 year or thereabouts, my friend attended a function at his condo on a weekend. Friend's son or daughter's birthday. Since he was there, went up to his unit. First sign of trouble were the number of pairs of shoes outside his unit. He then pressed the doorbell.

To his horror, when the door was opened, his condo unit was no longer recognizable! Tenant made A&A to his unit. Managed to partition 2 very small rooms in the already small living room. Each room had 2 occupants. Extra 4 heads!

I saw one condo like this: 'unrecognizable state' in 2008. In Shenton Way area. Near Icon. The owner had rented it out to a young Korean man. Without permission and secretly, the young Korean tenant did A&A and converted it from a 3-bedroom into a 12-cubicle "Budget Hotel." Because of the large number of Short-term Stay guests, the place was in a mess. Reduced to a wreck. Nobody dared to buy from the owner. A great pity, because the place is a great future En Bloc.

Charlie258

I agree that you seem to have little experience with the "MBS or Amber Rd Ah Neh".

To tell you the truth, the richer they are the worst they become. They will not pay rent and flatly tell you to get lost. They will expect you to grovel at their feet to even extract a cent out of them. And yes; you have to speak to their nostrils mostly.

I do not doubt you for one second. These eggplants are areal pain in the a**. My agent protects me from such scum. When they call, she just says, sorry the unit is taken.

Interesting read bro.

Let me continue ........

1. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
2. no doubt about it.
3. it was doubled up as some chicken hse too:p

B Man

Agree with no 7.

My friends tenant, an ang mo, even took away the potted plants. Basically anything that is not bolted down or fixed will be removed and sold including the sofa, the pots and pans, the microwave, tv, stereo .. you get the picture. And then leave without a trace. My friend made a lot of noise with his company( a foreign bank) to track him down but they told my friend to get a lawyer and settle it between them.

Oh.. and all his SPG girlfriend popped up one by one demanding where the f*** he is. Some even called him "my fiance" or my "boyfriend". At least 6-7 of them. Malay, Indian , Chinese, Pinoy.. My friend wondered how he managed to juggle them. One of them even created a commotion and demanded that my friend stop hiding him and tell her where he is! Most left in tears though..

1. The Gay Chef. Very handsome chap and very polite no problem with him. Pays the rent on time only thing that I feel a bit uneasy is he and his bf in their undies when once in a while I pop in to collect the rent.

2. The Matlasia Chow Ah Hua. Told me she is a beauty consultant. Left without telling us, damage the door lock, spoil the wall paint works and left the ele. n water bill not paid.

3. The Indo Husband n Wife. Look well dresses and cultured, paid on time and quite quiet type till my neighbors called up 1 day and asked me how many people I rented my unit out to. Went up to take a look and saw their whole kampong staying inside my condo. Can't blame also they were doing well until Shoharto kicked the bucket and those indos were out in full force cina babi hunting. Have to redo my whole kitchen they burned my kitchen table top and damaged some of the walls.

4. Sinkie Chow Ah Beng. No $ but want to stay in a condo everytime must call a few times before I can see my rent. Got fed up kick him off but he die die still put his address as my condo and at night sneak in to get his mail. Have to change all my locks as he made a copy of all my house keys. When kick him out KPKB and showed my wife and the agent the center finger.

5. Ah Neh Computer kid. Just over 25yo already drawing 7k/mth working at some computer dept of a bank. Very quiet and tidy chap but everytime I go inspect sure got something broken. Like 1 time don't know how he use until the toilet bowl can crack, washing machine breakdown, hall sofa 1 big hole in the center. Everytime give excuse ware and tare. He was willing to pay but always gets a cheaper model and I also pai sa to call him come up for the full value. After he moved back to India when his contract matured my neighbors told me that he was more like a gigalo that a computer kid every weekend got a different gf over.

6. The Ah Tiong Couple. They are the present tenant. The husband is quite friendly and talkative person whereas the wife is the if you don't speak to her she won't speak to you but just smile. Everytime like some minor thing got damaged and they replaced or repair them the man would tell you some long story of how much trouble he went through to get it done and how well he is taking care of the house. He is a electrical eng. working for US company sometimes he would complain to me my house ele appl are getting old and using a lot of electricity and his utility bill is high. So far only rented to them for 6mths so cannot see true colors yet.

7. Finally the Ang Moh. Nope never rented out to 1 before. But my neighbor had and he cursed the day he rented out to 1. Just so happened he was unlucky to rent to a robber. This ang moh was a banker from scotland working for ABN ( can't remember full details happened around 7yrs back I think ). When this ang moh got fired he didn't tell the landlord. He sold off everything in the house including the house fixtures like the lighting too. Then he flew away. At then end of the month when my neighbor did not receive the rent he tried to call him up but failed and when he went to his apt to check all he saw was an empty unit.

enterprise2

Agree with no 7.

My friends tenant, an ang mo, even took away the potted plants. Basically anything that is not bolted down or fixed will be removed and sold including the sofa, the pots and pans, the microwave, tv, stereo .. you get the picture. And then leave without a trace. My friend made a lot of noise with his company( a foreign bank) to track him down but they told my friend to get a lawyer and settle it between them.

Oh.. and all his SPG girlfriend popped up one by one demanding where the f*** he is. Some even called him "my fiance" or my "boyfriend". At least 6-7 of them. Malay, Indian , Chinese, Pinoy.. My friend wondered how he managed to juggle them. One of them even created a commotion and demanded that my friend stop hiding him and tell her where he is! Most left in tears though..

Maybe u can comfort them....but wait, chio boh???

Yes always best to do spot check on your unit from time to time...to avoid getting electric shock next time!!

No only should one do spot check. I don't know why there are land lords in this forum that say they are saddled with utilities and other bills.

Do not allow any of the tenants to ride on any of your services when they can put such services in their own names.

A foolish land lord would be one who include other things into the rent. And anyone who just rent out rooms, you just exposed yourself to a higher risk.

Heehee I got two stories to share on Amber road ah neh ...one is my friend told me this Amber road ah neh neighbour staying in the same condo as her always stare at her when she is exercising in the condo gym...she complained to the condo mgt and they told her can't do anything about it as all he did is to stare...and this ah neh is married and when with wife will pretend to look away...

The other Amber road ah neh is my property agent, happened more than 5 years ago...At that time I was doing my loan refinancing and needed a lawyer and she introduced her lawyer husband to handle for me. We agreed on the legal fee and as the law firm was not on the bank panel lawyer, there was extra few hundred on top of the legal fees, which he verbally agreed to absorb.

However, when I received cpf statement, that few hundred was not absorbed and instead deducted from cpf together with the other legal fees. Called cpf and they said can't do anything as I signed and authorise them to deduct cpf for legal fees, no indication of amount on the authorisation form.
The lawyer husband refused to reverse the charges, flatly denied that there was a verbal agreement for him to bear the charges. I called the ah neh property agent and told her to think carefully of the loss of future rental renewal commission and told her I'll not hesitate to do more. She finally did her maths and convinced her husband to reverse out the charges.

To think that this ah neh and her husband even visited my home before, so friendly maciam friends. So, don't think that people visit your home and you visit theirs means real friends hor, these Amber road ah neh scums have no qualms to steal or rob from you while smiling.

Heehee I got two stories to share on Amber road ah neh ...one is my friend told me this Amber road ah neh neighbour staying in the same condo as her always stare at her when she is exercising in the condo gym...she complained to the condo mgt and they told her can't do anything about it as all he did is to stare...and this ah neh is married and when with wife will pretend to look away...

The other Amber road ah neh is my property agent, happened more than 5 years ago...At that time I was doing my loan refinancing and needed a lawyer and she introduced her lawyer husband to handle for me. We agreed on the legal fee and as the law firm was not on the bank panel lawyer, there was extra few hundred on top of the legal fees, which he verbally agreed to absorb.

However, when I received cpf statement, that few hundred was not absorbed and instead deducted from cpf together with the other legal fees. Called cpf and they said can't do anything as I signed and authorise them to deduct cpf for legal fees, no indication of amount on the authorisation form.
The lawyer husband refused to reverse the charges, flatly denied that there was a verbal agreement for him to bear the charges. I called the ah neh property agent and told her to think carefully of the loss of future rental renewal commission and told her I'll not hesitate to do more. She finally did her maths and convinced her husband to reverse out the charges.

To think that this ah neh and her husband even visited my home before, so friendly maciam friends. So, don't think that people visit your home and you visit theirs means real friends hor, these Amber road ah neh scums have no qualms to steal or rob from you while smiling.

Thanks for informing us of this. Shows you shit skins are the worst scum bags shitty outside and inside.