• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who r the best tenants? Sinkies? Ah Tiong?Ah Nehs? Ang Mos?...etc

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea, ah neh has got to be the worst of the lot.

used to rent out my unit to this India ah neh family. complain alot, i.e. complained that the ceiling fan spoil when they themselves don't know how to operate the ceiling fan!? wth man.... i guess they have never seen a ceiling fan before in whichever village they crawl out from lol.... and the best part is few months into moving in they demand to tear down the whole kitchen and renovate it to their liking and ask me to pay for it. simply wtf man. no prize for guessing that i rejected them outright and simply refuse indian tennants from then on.

angmo is ok. some good some bad. had a few ok ones, but was unfortunate enough to encounter one angmo family that is a pain in the ass and complain alot juz like the indian tenant. demand rectification immediately and instead of calling me they will just text me on my mobile the problem and expect me to attend to it immediately, very rude imo.

thus far it is the Japanese and Taiwanese tenants that leave the best impression. pay up promptly and quite nice to deal with.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Single Japanese or Korean ladies are the best tenants. Preferably non-smokers.

Told to me countless times by people who rent their properties out.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by unanimous decision the shit skins are the worst tenants and then who in this thread actually claimed he had a clean keling tenant and his china tenant was filthy. Andyfucker who of course rented out his imaginary flat to his imaginary clean keling and dirty china tenant so that he could somehow score 1 for the team. :rolleyes:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, the undisputed champion are the shit skins, any close 2nd? Sushi, Kimchi and betel nuts sound like the best 3..

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
most landlords prefer angmos, last time, when i do cold calling, i will tell them that the perspective tenants are from europe. think angmos are good...:p

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Jah, I am imaginary, I live in an imaginary home, you v smart la :biggrin: are you happy now?, now wag your tail harder, you might get some treats :biggrin:

by unanimous decision the shit skins are the worst tenants and then who in this thread actually claimed he had a clean keling tenant and his china tenant was filthy. Andyfucker who of course rented out his imaginary flat to his imaginary clean keling and dirty china tenant so that he could somehow score 1 for the team. :rolleyes:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ok my good friend rent his flat to a filipino couple
a professional couple with two kids
nice couple no problems prompt payments
one day he just happened to pop into the flat to see see
the mother was there, the maid was there, the sister was there
the in laws were there - oh, they are just visitors - ok
condo management did not complain, neighbours also no complaints
after three years, couple got a flat of their own and so terminated the contract
my friend and the agent went to check before the hand-over, everything appear ok
the new tenant shifted in - a host of problems came up
sink choked, wc blocked,cupboards spoilt, kitchen oily and dirty with thick slime,the whole place seems to break down
he had to get a contractor and cleared everything - spent about $3K before the new tenant agreed to move in!!!
so do be careful of nice professional couple as tenants -

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad tenants not only thrash your unit, they also damage common property too...the pool, gym and common rooms...etc. When these gets damaged, everyone pays!!

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea, ah neh has got to be the worst of the lot.

used to rent out my unit to this India ah neh family. complain alot, i.e. complained that the ceiling fan spoil when they themselves don't know how to operate the ceiling fan!? wth man.... i guess they have never seen a ceiling fan before in whichever village they crawl out from lol.... and the best part is few months into moving in they demand to tear down the whole kitchen and renovate it to their liking and ask me to pay for it. simply wtf man. no prize for guessing that i rejected them outright and simply refuse indian tennants from then on.

angmo is ok. some good some bad. had a few ok ones, but was unfortunate enough to encounter one angmo family that is a pain in the ass and complain alot juz like the indian tenant. demand rectification immediately and instead of calling me they will just text me on my mobile the problem and expect me to attend to it immediately, very rude imo.

thus far it is the Japanese and Taiwanese tenants that leave the best impression. pay up promptly and quite nice to deal with.

I have had no direct, personal experience renting to Ah Neh, it is because I have never met a single Ah Neh who will pay my asking rental, or asking price.

In my experience, it is very difficult to get Ah Neh to spend money. This does not include the Marina Bay Suites and Amber Road type of Ah Neh. But the latter type Big Spender Ah Neh seem to be a very small percentage out of the total number of Ah Neh in the Market.

Even in HDB, in all my years, I have never seen a single Ah Neh meet the seller's asking COV. Meanwhile, the Chinese buyer has sapu the unit and started to plan for renovations already!!!!!!

Your experience, where the Ah Neh renter months after signing and staying in the unit, ask for full renovations, sounds like a Neighbour of mine. I guess he is not as careful as me when it comes to picking tenants!!!!!!

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok my good friend rent his flat to a filipino couple
a professional couple with two kids
nice couple no problems prompt payments
one day he just happened to pop into the flat to see see
the mother was there, the maid was there, the sister was there
the in laws were there - oh, they are just visitors - ok
condo management did not complain, neighbours also no complaints
after three years, couple got a flat of their own and so terminated the contract
my friend and the agent went to check before the hand-over, everything appear ok
the new tenant shifted in - a host of problems came up
sink choked, wc blocked,cupboards spoilt, kitchen oily and dirty with thick slime,the whole place seems to break down
he had to get a contractor and cleared everything - spent about $3K before the new tenant agreed to move in!!!
so do be careful of nice professional couple as tenants -

Just don't rent to fucking Pinoys. Problem solved.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i've had good experiences with scandinavian and japanese tenants. they keep the place clean, tidy and orderly. no thrashing around.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiong Kok bu the best.

Look like GONG LI or LI BING BING type

sure get very good service from me

everyday I will go to the house to check whether got any tap leak or got mosquitoes.

rent never pay oso nevermind just offset from rental

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tiong Kok bu the best.

Look like GONG LI or LI BING BING type

sure get very good service from me

everyday I will go to the house to check whether got any tap leak or got mosquitoes.

rent never pay oso nevermind just offset from rental

wauleh, my friend got one flight stewardess as tenant
damned shiok man
he is always happy