• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

where to find really good fried rice?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i personally think home stove cannot cook fantastic fried rice.only zhi char stove can do that.likely is becasue of the gas output too small

Fried rice can be done at home lah, just dun mixed raw eggs with rice and stir, ur eggs have to be fried solid 1st before you put the rice in.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fried rice can be done at home lah, just dun mixed raw eggs with rice and stir, ur eggs have to be fried solid 1st before you put the rice in.

ok i will try.... long time never done cooking at home. Need overnight rice, right?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my rice is very dry, but the liquid coming out of chicken and mushroom, cause the rice to stick together when i throw in the rice.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i being to beijing, and they use raw eggs yellow and cook rice in teppanyaki style plate, their rice did not stick, i have no idea how they did it, it taste very good.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok i will try.... long time never done cooking at home. Need overnight rice, right?

No need 100% overnight rice lah, as long as your rice is cooked right, not soggy, can see each grain can liao.
Just make sure there are no liquids when you fry, dash of soya sauce are fine.

Failed fried rice got 2 reasons:
1) rice have too much moisture, thus becomes lumpy and sticks to the pan
2) you are a lousy cook :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fried rice machiam an afterthought dish that's why not as valued as other dishes.
Only one place used to serve fried rice as the anchor dish....Chen Fu Ji.
Old Airport HC has a hawker stall selling only fried rice....all types of fried rice.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fried rice machiam an afterthought dish that's why not as valued as other dishes.
Old Airport HC has a hawker stall selling only fried rice....all types of fried rice.
Last time at chinatown hawker centre, got 1 stall steamed his rice, cover the rice with a cloth and steam inside those steamed bun wood container, not directly cooked in the water kind. You get what I mean? lol. After that he just fried the rice with ingredients, served with fried anchovies and sambal and sell it for $2.50

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone tried the teppayaki fried rice with egg yoke in Shin Kong Place Beijing. That is the best fried rice i ever have............

The one in singapore tampines mall teppayaki only have plain white rice.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how hot and how many teaspoon of oil?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UYOICc7_DLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3-4 tablespoon should be sufficient lah. See his rice, not lumpy kind. The chef got hot wok, so he can put the raw eggs after he fried the rice. At home, you dried the eggs 1st lah, you wont go wrong.

disregard the last part he pour the soya sauce, that chef is a retard, lol

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

friedrice.jpg

I use to buy this to "Bodek" (impress) my in-laws 20+ yrs ago :P .. Honestly .. not nice & expensive :p

FOR more than 20 years now, there’s been a famous fried rice following in Singapore that started humbly at a non-descript food stall along Bukit Pasoh.

The stall, run by the Chan sisters, is no longer there, but their fried rice has been on the menu of Chen Fu Ji since the mid-1990s. The Chinese diner owned by a Singaporean serves the signature dish that stays true to the original recipe.

The Imperial Fried Rice ($18/$25/$36) is touted as the island’s most expensive fried rice – and with good reason too.

It’s topped with generous portions of freshly peeled steamed crabmeat that adds a sweetness to the golden fried rice that also has small bits of char siew meat.

A lot of care has been taken for this dish – just like mum’s homecooked food. If the rice offers a golden shine, that’s because it’s been delicately fried with eggs – with the yolk giving it that glorious colour.

Other than the fried rice, the menu is pretty simple. Other picks: roast duck ($12/$22/$40) and chicken ($10/$18/$32). I don’t know how they do it, but the duck and chicken skin here is cooked superbly crispy; minus the usual layer of fat beneath.

Verdict: Treat your mum to this expensive fried rice. She’ll be impressed.

Where: Chen Fu Ji Noodle House
#03-18/20, Suntec City Mall, Sky Garden

Tel: 6334 2966

Source : www.soshiok.com

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UYOICc7_DLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3-4 tablespoon should be sufficient lah. See his rice, not lumpy kind. The chef got hot wok, so he can put the raw eggs after he fried the rice. At home, you dried the eggs 1st lah, you wont go wrong.

disregard the last part he pour the soya sauce, that chef is a retard, lol

if you put rice in fridge, if you take out of rice cooker, they are one big lump of rice, not spread out like his. I dun think that is practical, because my cooker produce big lump.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
AK

You might want to mention the carbon steel or iron wok and also that many people are stuck wth low pressure gas cookers so they are not going get high heat. i also found that soaking the rice for 10 mins seems to separate the grains (heard from a friend and its seems to work but no idea the principle behind it. You right about doing the eggs first, major difference.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Frying the eggs first is at most semi pro standard....
The real pros stir in raw eggs....to achieve the 金包银 effect for every single ricegrain.....very hard to do.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
AK

You might want to mention the carbon steel or iron wok and also that many people are stuck wth low pressure gas cookers so they are not going get high heat. i also found that soaking the rice for 10 mins seems to separate the grains (heard from a friend and its seems to work but no idea the principle behind it. You right about doing the eggs first, major difference.
yes bro.my home gas stove fire only half of zhi cha fire.
any idea how to max output the gas?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you put rice in fridge, if you take out of rice cooker, they are one big lump of rice, not spread out like his. I dun think that is practical, because my cooker produce big lump.

you put too much water lah boss, ratio of water and rice is 2:1,

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AK

Pan or wok i think are ok lah, just make sure the rice are not soggy, thats the most important. The reason for using overnight rice because the moisture will dry out from the rice, hence it is easier to fry :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I think you might have to change the cooker or get a stand alone high pressure burner. Someone more qualified might be able to help.

yes bro.my home gas stove fire only half of zhi cha fire.
any idea how to max output the gas?