• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious woh hey fried rice increase price a lot

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fried rice is one of the highest-margin food one can sell. You see such stalls popping up almost everywhere within the past year or so.

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1657608725789.png

Unfortunately, we couldn't be more wrong about the food itself - previous expectations of enjoying a sumptuous meal quickly dissipated after a few mouthfuls. The egg fried rice with grilled chicken reeked of bland ordinariness; stiff grains were paired with a few miserable pieces of apparently overcooked chicken which left much to be desired. The ramen with braised beef wasn't any better, as the noodles were poorly textured and lacked spring in them, while the beef slices presented an unwanted sinewy challenge. We were left considerably befuddled as to our inability to properly reconcile the jarring differences between the great smells "sampled" before purchase and the actual tasting affair. An educated guess? Not all chefs are created equal (three were seen working alongside one another on that occasion), and our lot was probably cooked by the least inspiring of them.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2018/06/wok-hey.html

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 152201

Unfortunately, we couldn't be more wrong about the food itself - previous expectations of enjoying a sumptuous meal quickly dissipated after a few mouthfuls. The egg fried rice with grilled chicken reeked of bland ordinariness; stiff grains were paired with a few miserable pieces of apparently overcooked chicken which left much to be desired. The ramen with braised beef wasn't any better, as the noodles were poorly textured and lacked spring in them, while the beef slices presented an unwanted sinewy challenge. We were left considerably befuddled as to our inability to properly reconcile the jarring differences between the great smells "sampled" before purchase and the actual tasting affair. An educated guess? Not all chefs are created equal (three were seen working alongside one another on that occasion), and our lot was probably cooked by the least inspiring of them.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2018/06/wok-hey.html
I'm surprised Sister Claire didn't use as many big words as before. Perhaps there aren't as many adjectives available when it comes to negative connotation or she's just having writer's block here ?

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised Sister Claire didn't use as many big words as before. Perhaps there aren't as many adjectives available when it comes to negative connotation or she's just having writer's block here ?
I think Claire wasn't employed by the food dossier back then? :P

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Claire wasn't employed by the food dossier back then? :P
Dunno leh. I doubt the legal field is as glamorous as before and she needs to moonlight. I see a lot of lawyer Youtubers with videos saying they are quitting. Perhaps they feel like hypocrites when using big words in court and the guilt is overwhelming..... :laugh:

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wok Hey is honestly one of the most over-priced garbage outlets I can find in Singapore shopping malls. They are charging 25% higher than similar fried rice stalls in food courts even though there is no seating provided.

The portions are miserable with only 80% of the box filled and meat is almost absent save for a few small chunks for decorative purpose. The worst thing is the kitchen staff they employ are mostly youngsters who either only have very limited commercial cooking experience or just graduated from half past six cooking courses.

I am astounded to find long queues for such expensive and poor quality food, it seems to be very popular with a lot of Singapore white collar PMEs who dabao for dinner on the way back from work.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wok Hey is honestly one of the most over-priced garbage outlets I can find in Singapore shopping malls. They are charging 25% higher than similar fried rice stalls in food courts even though there is no seating provided.

The portions are miserable with only 80% of the box filled and meat is almost absent save for a few small chunks for decorative purpose. The worst thing is the kitchen staff they employ are mostly youngsters who either only have very limited commercial cooking experience or just graduated from half past six cooking courses.

I am astounded to find long queues for such expensive and poor quality food, it seems to be very popular with a lot of Singapore white collar PMEs who dabao for dinner on the way back from work.
yes.they are over priced because they do not provided any seating and aircon.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Limpeh wonder why are people so willing to spend so much on fried rice ? You can have good fried rice at kopitiam tze-char stall for $4.00.