• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wat a PATHETIC LOSER! graduate from uk to sell nasi lemak! FARKING DISGRACEFUL!!

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those criticising him now will have to eat their words if one day, he becomes the owner of a successful chain of nasi lemak stores or foodcourts.

It is not important what the person is doing. What is important is whether the person has higher aspirations. Even if he doesn't have higher aspirations, it is ok as long as he is happy. In this case, since he is highly educated, he should have higher aspirations for himself. If so, it doesn't matter what is his current position, all that matters is effort, preparation and some luck.

Remember the story of 卧薪尝胆 by 越王勾践? Same principle applies.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those criticising him now will have to eat their words if one day, he becomes the owner of a successful chain of nasi lemak stores or foodcourts.

It is not important what the person is doing. What is important is whether the person has higher aspirations. Even if he doesn't have higher aspirations, it is ok as long as he is happy. In this case, since he is highly educated, he should have higher aspirations for himself. If so, it doesn't matter what is his current position, all that matters is effort, preparation and some luck.

Nothing wrong with selling nasi lemak, but he sure ain't the brightest tool in the shed. Why can't he hire some cheap Ftrash to sell nasi lemak while he hold a regular day job? If things go wrong, he has a career to fall back on. In a way he is also creating double income stream.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
行行出状元。 It is a very basic business to go into without too much capital.
Just like old chang kee and polar, it can grow into multi million business.

hi there

1. honest, this graduate person is doing some decent living unlike some graduate gal that sells her services.
2. there is also some phd that drives cab too in sheepishland.
3. in f&b is no easy task too!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....it is called entrepeneur. All his feidns believe, the MBA gave him a different mind set and therafter he had his own company. Today, he is one of the most successful business man in a new country, new environment, new place............with no friends to help him. This is the person I salute and look up to and idol and a successful man...........survived on his own.

Its obvious some Sporeans only see the value of education in $$$ terms. I have even met Spore girls that would only go out with guys taking business or medical degrees :eek:

The reality is that the connection between degree & success in career are tenuous. LKY has a law degree & he is not practising law. Ho Ching is an engineer but wasting taxpayers money running Temasek. Many of my colleagues who have technical degrees are in sales.

Bill Gates & Steve Jobs were college dropouts but are very successful
Compared to our PAP elites who might be good at paper chasing but are clueless in making real $$$

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a reason why such businesses are normally run by the boss himself. Its called the cash economy where you avoid as much tax as possible. You hire someone, you then have to have proper accounting to avoid getting ripped off.

This is the reason why such businesses are found around the world.

I don't think he has wasted his education. At the end of the day, you are your own boss, you earn good money. Do bear in mind that the hawkers in the past use to flaunt their cars and wealth until the IRAS stepped in. Nowdays they drive japanese cars to work but the merc is parked at their Condo or landed property.

I recall the hawkers at Bedok Corner were taxed after a covert assessment by a team. The chengtng guy got whacked $67K for the year. Tells you a lot about the money that is taken in. And it was not the penalty.

Nothing wrong with selling nasi lemak, but he sure ain't the brightest tool in the shed. Why can't he hire some cheap Ftrash to sell nasi lemak while he hold a regular day job? If things go wrong, he has a career to fall back on. In a way he is also creating double income stream.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall the hawkers at Bedok Corner were taxed after a covert assessment by a team. The chengtng guy got whacked $67K for the year. Tells you a lot about the money that is taken in. And it was not the penalty.

Why wack Chengtng but not the Malay stalls ?

Why easy to catch ?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a reason why such businesses are normally run by the boss himself. Its called the cash economy where you avoid as much tax as possible. You hire someone, you then have to have proper accounting to avoid getting ripped off.

This is the reason why such businesses are found around the world.

I don't think he has wasted his education. At the end of the day, you are your own boss, you earn good money. Do bear in mind that the hawkers in the past use to flaunt their cars and wealth until the IRAS stepped in. Nowdays they drive japanese cars to work but the merc is parked at their Condo or landed property.

Unless the dude got some secret recipe which he don't share with his low wage staff, there is no reason for him not to have a day job. Let's put it this way....nasi lemak is certainly no foie gras!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I ask if you all believe what I say here? I am thinking of engaging a lawyer to sue in order to prove my point.Tell me your opinions.thanks.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask if you all believe what I say here? I am thinking of engaging a lawyer to sue in order to prove my point.Tell me your opinions.thanks.

Sue what? Frankly speaking most of us think u are a nutcase (well at least i will think so).

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh...I just knew it,the injustice inflicted on me by the Ho kum hean because of his father's backing. If not, I will still be an engineer making a decent living. Is there no justice at all?QUOTE=cooleo;490944]Sue what? Frankly speaking most of us think u are a nutcase (well at least i will think so).[/QUOTE]

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are jumping to the conclusion without knowing his situation. Maybe he wants to make his mark in the F&B business and getting a day job in another line will not help. Maybe the day job will not allow him enough time to first build up a successful food stall first. Maybe he is afraid the FT will get smart one day and open up another similar stall nearby to compete with him. FTs also have high aspirations, you know?

In short, you are making a judgement without even knowing the guy. This is a condition that afflicts many Singaporeans. They like to think they know best.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If get FT to operate the stall, he get your receipe, stash your raw materials in some warehouse, sell 25% of what they cook to their FT friends and pocket the revenue, screw up your stall, then open one next to you with your subsidized ingredients.:biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are jumping to the conclusion without knowing his situation. Maybe he wants to make his mark in the F&B business and getting a day job in another line will not help. Maybe the day job will not allow him enough time to first build up a successful food stall first. Maybe he is afraid the FT will get smart one day and open up another similar stall nearby to compete with him. FTs also have high aspirations, you know?

In short, you are making a judgement without even knowing the guy. This is a condition that afflicts many Singaporeans. They like to think they know best.

Getting a day job in another line will not help? Oh yeah...beside the work experience accumulated and also the 2nd income stream? And your reasoning "Maybe he is afraid the FT will get smart one day and open up another similar stall nearby to compete with him" is laughable at best. If you hire a person to work for you, he will definitely learn.

In short, you are trying to make a judgement that entrepreneurs must be mavericks who showhand in first round. This is a condition that afflicts some Singaporeans like you. You people like to think you know best.

The number on the jersey reflects your IQ....

goalkeeper.jpg

Last edited:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least he is his own boss! Unlike most graduate sinkies who become slaves to others in exchange for a pathetic monthly remuneration which they call a "salary"!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. In the end, it is the journey that matters more than the end itself.