• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wah now can change NS vocation let's all be clerks

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any hidden meaning when u said that u are a gardener?
my friend who does brazilian wax for me also say that she is a gardener

"gardener"...means they "mow the grass" near to the "cave" with their choppers...or they "mow the tree trunK" base for the "grass and do a little landscaping with the two stones there too. You wanna be a GARDENER??

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can have it either one of two ways in NS, siong or senang. I was thinking along the lines of learning something useful while in there. On the other part, many of us learnt to eat snake, idle away time, or suffer. Looking back, it would be helpful to ourselves if we had been more positive in our attitudes, but at that age, and under the circumstances, that was quite difficult. And being a soldier was never part of our idea of our future, cook would have been better.

Cheers!

Cook have to sweat hours to cook a meal up to the scholar general's standard

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations, and good for you. I am sure you can cook up other delicious dishes too. Myself, I only picked up crap that would make me qualify for work in a criminal organisation.

Cheers!

Agree.

I was a cook at former ARTI camp at Sentosa decades ago. After a few years, came out and sell beef noodles at Bugis.:o

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
"gardener"...means they "mow the grass" near to the "cave" with their choppers...or they "mow the tree trunK" base for the "grass and do a little landscaping with the two stones there too. You wanna be a GARDENER??

boss was mowing the lawn just a couple of days ago... :o:o:o

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd say the best vocation is that of a cook. You get to learn to prepare food, plan and organise a catering event, and all the kitchen operations for a small officer's gathering to the size of a regiment's luncheon. Better than a university degree.
Cheers!
I remember my cook sergeant trying to sell me ayam brand sardines at a fraction off the store price.

SlickJon

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah..all wayang only la...later they will come up with all sorts of conditions or excuses to prevent u from being a clerk or your chosen vocation

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One can have it either one of two ways in NS, siong or senang. I was thinking along the lines of learning something useful while in there. On the other part, many of us learnt to eat snake, idle away time, or suffer. Looking back, it would be helpful to ourselves if we had been more positive in our attitudes, but at that age, and under the circumstances, that was quite difficult. And being a soldier was never part of our idea of our future, cook would have been better.

Cheers!

i bet u were not a cook during your NSF period. cook is a lousy vocation, very busy, espeically duty cook when have to wake up very early to make sure breakfast ready to be serve to troops by 0530hrs. then can be worse when battlion need to move out early. ie range or live firing, then breakfast have to serve by 0300hrs. then also have to wake up in the middle of the night because CO want kopi after returning from Area D at 0230hr during excerise. i remember my unit cooks, most were angkong siao and confirm enter kranji resort at least once during their stint as cook in my NSF battlion. one of them was caught spitting into the coffee meant for the CO, he was awaken at 0230hr by the DO because the farking CO too cheapo to pay 50cents for coffee at the vending machine outside the CO office. KNN, no 50cents also can get the nescafe 3in1 coffee from the combat ration and use the electric kettle, which OPs room confirm have, to boil water.

jw5

Loyal
hoi! not any scientist will do! must be research scientist! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

no need to have earth shattering and ground breaking findings somemore, just hentah kaki cepat hentah all the way can liao................ :(

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i bet u were not a cook during your NSF period. cook is a lousy vocation, very busy, espeically duty cook when have to wake up very early to make sure breakfast ready to be serve to troops by 0530hrs. then can be worse when battlion need to move out early. ie range or live firing, then breakfast have to serve by 0300hrs. then also have to wake up in the middle of the night because CO want kopi after returning from Area D at 0230hr during excerise. i remember my unit cooks, most were angkong siao and confirm enter kranji resort at least once during their stint as cook in my NSF battlion. one of them was caught spitting into the coffee meant for the CO, he was awaken at 0230hr by the DO because the farking CO too cheapo to pay 50cents for coffee at the vending machine outside the CO office. KNN, no 50cents also can get the nescafe 3in1 coffee from the combat ration and use the electric kettle, which OPs room confirm have, to boil water.

tough luck for the bn level but for bde level, there was always a nice night snack of sandwiches, milo, beehoon etc for the ops room fellas including the signallers / drivers ( about 15 pax) after every exercise - standard sop.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
no need to have earth shattering and ground breaking findings somemore, just hentah kaki cepat hentah all the way can liao................ :(

don't know whether that research scientist keluar baris already or not :mad::mad::mad:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tough luck for the bn level but for bde level, there was always a nice night snack of sandwiches, milo, beehoon etc for the ops room fellas including the signallers / drivers ( about 15 pax) after every exercise - standard sop.

bn level also have nite snack after nite training but who want to go cookhouse to collect SFI cake plus teh-O. only sometime, during ICT, cookhouse gave butter&kaya roti as nite snack. by then it make by auntie who employ by SFI.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More great ideas from PAP. In Singapore culture, people will want to be clerks and NS will become irrelevant.