• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS Platoon Sergeant must mrch when to go to the bank

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
368340032_666999408788687_3622923369036351106_n.jpg

368350755_666999362122025_7594956720037539644_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/dbs.sg/posts/pfbid02G4T1GwWgrPztSbB4m42ECvpw6DC46NuXbYFNHdnrhpimis9ykyo31N5eWYm2nYi8l

"We were deep in the jungles of Brunei, navigating its seemingly endless slopes, and rock climbing its steep inclines on all-fours with a 20kg field pack on our backs.
For nine gruelling days, our team of six was laser focused on surviving with two-days' worth of rations and completing the tasks ahead. We even had to chop trees with our parangs for makeshift shelters during the freezing nights.
This was the final test of the three-month long Platoon Sergeant Course, and still, one of the most difficult exercises I’ve done in my five years in the army. A surprising source of motivation – Miley Cyrus’ song “The Climb”, which we belted as we… well, climbed.
It seemed to work – our group was awarded the “best tango coin”, for the best performing group, and I was within the top 10% of the cohort to be awarded the commander’s coin.
As one of three females in that batch of recruits, this win was especially significant to me – it helped to reduce (some) level of imposter syndrome and reassured me of my decision to join the force, despite some hesitation from my mum.
I had joined the force after graduating from polytechnic. My brother was also enlisted at that time as part of his National Service and had been posted to the Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit. During the weekends, I’d hear him and my dad (who was a commander in NS), exchange amazing stories. I was also rather active, and a former competitive air rifle athlete, so a career in the army appealed to me.
But of course, I have faced my fair share of naysayers and trolls. At the beginning, my friends would send me links to forums, where strangers discussed my appearance from pictures ripped from my personal Instagram account.
Some commenters discounted my achievements within the force - claiming I received preferential treatment because of my gender. Thankfully, I’ve developed a tougher shell, and learnt to ignore the negative comments over the years.
I was a Section Commander and Platoon Sergeant in the 42nd Singapore Armour Regiment for three years, before I took on the role as a senior gunnery instructor, teaching NSmen how to operate the weapon systems in the Bionix and Hunter vehicles.
Because the job shift meant that I didn’t have to live within the camp, I could pursue a degree in marketing part-time. The more I studied the subject, the more I saw myself venturing into a new industry.
Today, I’m a product manager in the regional corporate cards team at the Institutional Banking Group at DBS. I run marketing campaigns, improve card processes, and even get to design new cards.
Both careers are completely different, and I look back on my five years in the army fondly. There’s just an unmatched level of camaraderie with fellow recruits and comrades, especially when we lived and trained together five days a week.
To keep some semblance of my former training schedule, I organise 5km runs for my DBS colleagues, and encourage them to go to lunchtime boxing classes with me on Fridays.
It’s been a steep learning journey, transitioning from my time in the force to the corporate world – but there are also transferable skills, like discipline, ability to remember key processes, and soft skills like people management.
For anyone on the brink of a career pivot – don’t let fear stop you. With hard work and an open mind, any skill can be picked up.”
- Ong Jia Hui, Institutional Banking Group

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this another cringe pro-NS propaganda from the genuises over at ACCORD? :rolleyes:

Or it's just DBS banks virtue signalling about how 'diverse' they are by hiring a vagina? A military vagina too, plenty of that 'empowerment' understones those AWARE feminazis would drool over. :cool:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If being in army is such a big deal for the womenfolk, then why not include them in NS?

In this age of gender equality….why this discrimination?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
368340032_666999408788687_3622923369036351106_n.jpg

368350755_666999362122025_7594956720037539644_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/dbs.sg/posts/pfbid02G4T1GwWgrPztSbB4m42ECvpw6DC46NuXbYFNHdnrhpimis9ykyo31N5eWYm2nYi8l

"We were deep in the jungles of Brunei, navigating its seemingly endless slopes, and rock climbing its steep inclines on all-fours with a 20kg field pack on our backs.
For nine gruelling days, our team of six was laser focused on surviving with two-days' worth of rations and completing the tasks ahead. We even had to chop trees with our parangs for makeshift shelters during the freezing nights.
This was the final test of the three-month long Platoon Sergeant Course, and still, one of the most difficult exercises I’ve done in my five years in the army. A surprising source of motivation – Miley Cyrus’ song “The Climb”, which we belted as we… well, climbed.
It seemed to work – our group was awarded the “best tango coin”, for the best performing group, and I was within the top 10% of the cohort to be awarded the commander’s coin.
As one of three females in that batch of recruits, this win was especially significant to me – it helped to reduce (some) level of imposter syndrome and reassured me of my decision to join the force, despite some hesitation from my mum.
I had joined the force after graduating from polytechnic. My brother was also enlisted at that time as part of his National Service and had been posted to the Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit. During the weekends, I’d hear him and my dad (who was a commander in NS), exchange amazing stories. I was also rather active, and a former competitive air rifle athlete, so a career in the army appealed to me.
But of course, I have faced my fair share of naysayers and trolls. At the beginning, my friends would send me links to forums, where strangers discussed my appearance from pictures ripped from my personal Instagram account.
Some commenters discounted my achievements within the force - claiming I received preferential treatment because of my gender. Thankfully, I’ve developed a tougher shell, and learnt to ignore the negative comments over the years.
I was a Section Commander and Platoon Sergeant in the 42nd Singapore Armour Regiment for three years, before I took on the role as a senior gunnery instructor, teaching NSmen how to operate the weapon systems in the Bionix and Hunter vehicles.
Because the job shift meant that I didn’t have to live within the camp, I could pursue a degree in marketing part-time. The more I studied the subject, the more I saw myself venturing into a new industry.
Today, I’m a product manager in the regional corporate cards team at the Institutional Banking Group at DBS. I run marketing campaigns, improve card processes, and even get to design new cards.
Both careers are completely different, and I look back on my five years in the army fondly. There’s just an unmatched level of camaraderie with fellow recruits and comrades, especially when we lived and trained together five days a week.
To keep some semblance of my former training schedule, I organise 5km runs for my DBS colleagues, and encourage them to go to lunchtime boxing classes with me on Fridays.
It’s been a steep learning journey, transitioning from my time in the force to the corporate world – but there are also transferable skills, like discipline, ability to remember key processes, and soft skills like people management.
For anyone on the brink of a career pivot – don’t let fear stop you. With hard work and an open mind, any skill can be picked up.”
- Ong Jia Hui, Institutional Banking Group
Satik sia

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol… awarded the best tango coin? Trumpeting this type of silly achievement is akin to giving yourself a pat on the back for showing up to work.