• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wah now can change NS vocation let's all be clerks

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you are right. And back then my thinking is different from now. Cook was viewed as a lousy vocation - always kena fuck, often kena charged. But among all the skills that an NSF man can pick up, the most relevant skills in the real world - even rated much higher than highly revered commando. Among all the NS acquaintances I've met, the best vocation was that of Deejay at NCO club - yes there was, it existed! After ROD that dude ran a pirated cassette store in Far East Plaza (copyright protection laws were still very lax then). He picked up all that dubbing and stereo knowledge from his NS.

Cheers!

i bet u were not a cook during your NSF period. cook is a lousy vocation, .......

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the mess boy in my time was a snooker king. he put his time to good use!

lianbeng last time kana officer's mess boy duties once a month also! :biggrin: my encik said got plenty of blue tape can watch free one lah but if any officer comes better off it n do some area cleaning wayang abit lah!

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng last time kana officer's mess boy duties once a month also! :biggrin: my encik said got plenty of blue tape can watch free one lah but if any officer comes better off it n do some area cleaning wayang abit lah!

your encik taught you well. i'm sure you guys got along fantastically :smile:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng volunteers to be Officer Mess boy until ORD can liao! :biggrin: just sleep in officer mess everyday do nothing play arcade games, watch blue tape, etc...

You watch those blue tapes with your Encik?

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hear in the Philippines, you can get someone shot for 200 bucks. Undercut by FT again.

Cheers!

Actually won't be undercut because if you want the shooter to come to Singapore, must pay at least $12K otherwise have to advertise for the shooter in the govt jobs bank first for 14 days.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah! Best is logistic man in Ammo dump! CBL, super relax until can die type.

***Clerk can suffer from paper cuts, Mess boy need to serve unreasonable officers.

There are many niche vocations but not common.

Some examples....firing range ranger....only lock and unlock firing range...the NS chap I knew he was so free he could take on another job outside secretly.

Driclad personnel....sleep eat pah chew cheng whole day inside driclad facilities. Sleep too much until get migraine.

Armskote man in charge of special equipment....night vision devices etc. sleep inside aircon room with equipment.

Feel free to add on more

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lifeguards also good life.. This chap during my BMT was posted as a lifeguard at Tekong.. Easy life, tekan the recruits at pool.. And every day can go back early and work part time as Pizza Hut rider..

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
seriously,my vocation is the bestest..really waste my bloody time
I spent most of the time in the cookhouse more than anyone else because the staff sgt head of the cookhouse likes me a lot,
everyday would ask me to come to his cookhouse and he will make me free coffee/tea,personaly cook chicken chop,fried rice/bee hoon and not only invite me to his house in bedok
introduce his daughter to me
his daughter is crazy over me and keep asking me out for a date..finally I relented and we went to capitol to see I remembered is this movie name just one of the guys and back to the future..we were shy then and only hold hands..its a long story..

ballsoffire

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously,my vocation is the bestest..really waste my bloody time
I spent most of the time in the cookhouse more than anyone else because the staff sgt head of the cookhouse likes me a lot,
everyday would ask me to come to his cookhouse and he will make me free coffee/tea,personaly cook chicken chop,fried rice/bee hoon and not only invite me to his house in bedok
introduce his daughter to me
his daughter is crazy over me and keep asking me out for a date..finally I relented and we went to capitol to see I remembered is this movie name just one of the guys and back to the future..we were shy then and only hold hands..its a long story..

So your vocation is......?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment, the definition of FT can be quite wide ranging and need not come in based on E-Pass. I think some are able to make it into Peesai on S-Pass, not even needing MOM to approve, I think; such being the case, they can still charge very low rates.

Cheers!

Actually won't be undercut because if you want the shooter to come to Singapore, must pay at least $12K otherwise have to advertise for the shooter in the govt jobs bank first for 14 days.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the moment, the definition of FT can be quite wide ranging and need not come in based on E-Pass. I think some are able to make it into Peesai on S-Pass, not even needing MOM to approve, I think; such being the case, they can still charge very low rates.

Cheers!

You guys missed out the biggest piece of the jigsaw.....gunman needs a gun. Getting a gun here is the tricky part.