• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

valentine's day is for dumb lovers

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
so it would be valentine's day soon. why allow yourself and your lover to be con by avaricious restaurants? the atmosphere, the setting, the food and etc are all but an illusion.

if 2 persons are truly in love, everyday and every moment is valentine.

it's another money-spinning gimmick for commercial. do not be enticed or tricked into their con. if u really want a meaningful valentine, just love your partner truefully more. the money that u might be wasting could be spent on some charitable act instead. if it's LOVE, it should be passed around and not wasted.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i am not a romantic so i would tend to agree with you.

But many others set aside this particular day to specially bond with their loved ones and also to create special memories.

Cant fault them for that too.

so it would be valentine's day soon. why allow yourself and your lover to be con by avaricious restaurants? the atmosphere, the setting, the food and etc are all but an illusion.

it's another money-spinning gimmick for commercial. do not be enticed or tricked into their con. if u really want a meaningful valentine, just love your partner truefully more. the money that u might be wasting could be spent on some charitable act instead. if it's LOVE, it should be passed around and not wasted.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those married mostly save cost on simple valentine day.
Only those still bf/gf still dating will spend money to impress the partner.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those retail and F&B shop owners love this day more than everyone else. They have 101 reasons why this day is important and must be celebrated at all cost. :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
every dumbwit loverboy wants to send rose to his gf. why must they do it during valentine's day when roses cost a bomb? any other day he can send when roses are much cheaper. if u get fr market it's probably less than $1.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look on the bright, entrepreneurial side.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

It will be a good business day for restaurants, gift shops, jewellers and florists.

Different women/girls are turned on by different things.
Some of them like flowers, others prefer shiny trinkets. Some like artistic items, others like cute soft toys.
Some love intimate gifts (sex toy or lingerie), while others love good food.

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh....V-day is very very exciting time for us in Geylang. No worries regarding spending V-day alone, come Geylang, you are spoilt for Vs, VDs inclusive...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Valentine's Day may be worst day to kiss

Published on Feb 5, 2012

inShare.
Purchase this article for republication
Buy SPH photos
(KOREA HERALD/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Valentine's Day falls smack dab in the middle of flu and cold season, so kissing may not be such a good idea, a United States (US) infectious disease expert suggests.

Dr Jorge Parada, medical director, infectious disease at Loyola University Health System in Maywood, Illinois, said changing weather or temperatures are often blamed for winter's coughs and sniffles, but in reality, colds, coughs and the flu are infectious diseases 'caught' from one human to another.

'Becoming too hot or too cold can cause stress to the body, weaken the defence in fighting off infections and thus make us more vulnerable,' Dr Parada, who is also a professor of preventive medicine at Stritch School of Medicine, said in a statement. 'But a person has to be exposed to a virus or bacteria to catch it.'

'Mid-February can be the peak season for infectious diseases, such as the seasonal and H1N1 flu, mononucleosis, colds and coughs,' Dr Parada said. 'And don't rely on obvious signs of illness - such as sneezing or fever as a tip off. People with infectious diseases start shedding the virus before they experience the full effect of the illness.'

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Valentines day is meant for blind and dumb lovers who falls for commercial businessmen trick,
just like CNY yusheng and ploy to make money with gimmick, that you'll prosper, but who? the businessmen!
Stupid cheap carrot and veg with paper thin salmon fish charge exorbitant prices!! dumb customers pay for
it!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
when u think u r married u r safe from this valentine's money trap day, well you are not. the wifey makes reservation for expensive candlelight dinner, u make ready for the expensive payment. ouch!! indigestion begins even before the makan :(

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They are making use of women's mentality for this.

Women like to compare, end of the day, the gifts and flowers are only to show off to their friends.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Valentines day is meant for blind and dumb lovers who falls for commercial businessmen trick,
just like CNY yusheng and ploy to make money with gimmick, that you'll prosper, but who? the businessmen!
Stupid cheap carrot and veg with paper thin salmon fish charge exorbitant prices!! dumb customers pay for
it!!

167252_192945707391536_162643470421760_616377_6933574_n.jpg

167301_192945464058227_162643470421760_616370_8021466_n.jpg

Hehehehehe!

ReceivedByShit

Alfrescian
Loyal

another word to describe them is dumb fucks.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope dumbwitted lovers would come to their senses after reading this thread. if might be valentine's butchering day on 14 feb but when one is truly in love with each other, everyday is valentine. 14 feb is another profiteering day.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
those who going to spend the money, pls make sure you get laid.:biggrin:

I know I'm going to get flamed upside down by replying here but I'm one of those who spent extra money to get the flowers for this occasion. In fact, I got 2 bouquets at 36 roses each bouquet for my wife and my PRC gf. Both I have laid, both gave me wonderful sex and pampered me material wise. I don't see the problem in spending another extra $50/ bouquet (usual price is $138 for a bouquet if 36 roses) to make my women feels good if I can afford it. Like the credit card advertisement,

Meal: $100
Flowers: $168
The smile on her face: Priceless.

There is no right or wrong in this instance. As my good friend always say, it's all about "personal preferences" :biggrin:

Cheers :smile:

Last edited: