• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

valentine's day is for dumb lovers

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You all don't understand. It's not necessarily Valentine's or Feb. 14 but it's necessary that there's a designated day. My best Valentine's Day was when my Japanese GF visited me in Singapore. I brought her to Yaohan (yes, it was so long ago before Yaohan folded) on Valentine's eve for shopping without mentioning Valentine's Day.She bought some soba, wasabi, nori and shoyu, promising to teach me how to cook it at home (she was staying in my home).

Then, she passed by the Valentine's section with some Valentine's chocolate boxes. She chose a box she liked. At the cashier's counter, I of course pulled out my credit card but she said no, she'd pay for all these as these are gifts for me. The next day, i.e. Valentine's, after having sampled some of our common local hawker food, she asked if there's any good Japanese restaurant in Singapore. I used to frequent Hoshigaoka at Centrepoint but having been to Japan and San Francisco Japantown, I know it was a mid-range Japanese restaurant only. How could I bring a real Japanese girl there when she's asking for good Japanese food?

I brought her to old Cathay Building (before refurbishment) where there was a Japanese restaurant that I passed by often but never went in before because it looked too high class and expensive. When I brought her there, then I realized that they have tables with teppanyaki hotplates for diners to teppanyaki their meats themselves if they chose to. I of course didn't know how to do that even if offered, but my Japanese GF of course knew how to do that and was delighted.

It's something like a Japanese hotplate self-cook version of the Chinese self-cook steamboat, and she did it very well and deliciously. I felt like an heaven kid being fed.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you ask me, sipping Chinese tea after savoring small morsels of sweet pastry with your loved one, bathed in the radiance of an August Moon overlooking a mirror lake, with the ocassional breaking of the surface of a curious koi and surrounded by lanterns has several levels of romantism over Valentine Day of gift giving.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you ask me, sipping Chinese tea after savoring small morsels of sweet pastry with your loved one, bathed in the radiance of an August Moon overlooking a mirror lake, with the ocassional breaking of the surface of a curious koi and surrounded by lanterns has several levels of romantism over Valentine Day of gift giving.

august got to wait. it's feb now.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
leetahbar said:
august got to wait. it's feb now.

For the learned ones, recite some heavenly poetry that echoes all the way to the moon. Sorry I got carried away. I know it is only Feb. Alas.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unfortunately, the Chinese Valentine's Day is not celebrated in these parts. What we have on the 14th of February is a travesty and a cultural desecration.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the learned ones, recite some heavenly poetry that echoes all the way to the moon. Sorry I got carried away. I know it is only Feb. Alas.

a more practical valentine's poetry should go something like this:

roses are red
violet are blues
to have ur wallet butchered on valentine's day
is definitely not cool

:(

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
a more practical valentine's poetry should go something like this:

roses are red
violet are blues
to have ur wallet butchered on valentine's day
is definitely not cool

:(

Trying to be poetic eh? Pondan hiao cheebye. I got something too....

Roses are red

Violets are blue

When was the last time you beat up your father

And call your mother a lau cheebye? Cool...