• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the last 10 years, the replies that I got range from " looking into the matter" to "pass to another person in charge" to " in the name of security blah blah blah"

I even witnessed the writer replying me change 4-5 times over the years! The jam became more terok everytime I wrote in a letter. Now I don't dare to write anymore. Last time Monday - Friday sometimes 9pm I can simply drive over to Malaysia for supper and car wash and I am talking about just 3-5 years ago

So what kind of replies did you receive? Were the replies patronising you?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this but this morning's commute is the easiest I have experienced so far! I got to the Johor immigration building by 5am and crossed over the Singapore custom check just before 6am. I hope others on this board had similar good luck!

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the last 10 years, the replies that I got range from " looking into the matter" to "pass to another person in charge" to " in the name of security blah blah blah"

I even witnessed the writer replying me change 4-5 times over the years! The jam became more terok everytime I wrote in a letter. Now I don't dare to write anymore. Last time Monday - Friday sometimes 9pm I can simply drive over to Malaysia for supper and car wash and I am talking about just 3-5 years ago
Its best to fall at the Johor gov feet then Spore as the benefit is at theirs most and Spore dosnt gain in any way so as we Sporeans are only a few who travel in n out of JB ,ears are deafened and suggestions are of no value so it must fell on the right ears ,maybe a committee or petition should be formed to address these issues more swiftly or we will just wait another ten years .

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this but this morning's commute is the easiest I have experienced so far! I got to the Johor immigration building by 5am and crossed over the Singapore custom check just before 6am. I hope others on this board had similar good luck!

Yes, 5 mins in Tuas. Bravo and well done for ICA crews for the improvement. Keep up the great work.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lighter traffic probably due to Singapore school holidays in June. During this time ERP rates also decrease :wink:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually sent two feedback (one to ICA, another to Immigresen malaysia).
This was ICA reply to my feedback:

"Being the authority responsible for the security of Singapore's borders, ICA is mindful of the need to facilitate the swift and secure clearance of people and goods through the Checkpoints. ICA monitors the traffic situation at the land checkpoints closely and adopts various measures to manage its traffic. These measures include multimodal use of lanes to allow for more efficient clearance of vehicles during the peak period. In addition, over at the Singapore side of the Causeway at Woodlands Checkpoint, a departure lane is converted into a flexible lane for use by selected arriving vehicles to facilitate their arrival at the checkpoint.

As Woodlands Checkpoint handles high volumes of traffic on daily basis, thus despite our efforts, some traffic build-up is inevitable if many vehicles converge at the checkpoint at the same time. We seek your understanding that there will be some delays at times during the peak periods."

And this was the malaysian side reply:
"ADUAN BERKENAAN PAJABAT IMIGRESEN BANGUNAN SULTAN ISKANDAR JOHOR

Dengan hormatnya merujuk kepada perkara di atas.

2. Untuk makluman, bahagian ini telah menerima aduan melalui emel PRO Imigresen berhubung perkara di atas. Dimajukan aduan tersebut untuk tindakan pihak tuan/puan selanjutnya.

3. Kerjasama pihak tuan/puan memberikan maklumbalas hasil aduan tersebut ke bahagian ini dan pengadu didahului dengan ucapan ribuan terima kasih.

"

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually sent two feedback (one to ICA, another to Immigresen malaysia).
This was ICA reply to my feedback:

"Being the authority responsible for the security of Singapore's borders, ICA is mindful of the need to facilitate the swift and secure clearance of people and goods through the Checkpoints. ICA monitors the traffic situation at the land checkpoints closely and adopts various measures to manage its traffic. These measures include multimodal use of lanes to allow for more efficient clearance of vehicles during the peak period. In addition, over at the Singapore side of the Causeway at Woodlands Checkpoint, a departure lane is converted into a flexible lane for use by selected arriving vehicles to facilitate their arrival at the checkpoint.

As Woodlands Checkpoint handles high volumes of traffic on daily basis, thus despite our efforts, some traffic build-up is inevitable if many vehicles converge at the checkpoint at the same time. We seek your understanding that there will be some delays at times during the peak periods."

And this was the malaysian side reply:
""

Actually, the 'responses' from both, although seemingly poles apart, are actually the same, ie. just bear with it.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's a letter written to the forum section of today's ST:

Chaotic commute ruining Iskandar dream
TWO years ago, 1 moved my family from Singapore to
Nusajaya, Johor. This improved our standard of
living and allowed us to have the kind of lifestyle we
could never afford in Singapore.
Even the daily commute to Singapore was of little
problem. I could leave my home at 8 am and be at my
office in Raffles Place by 8.45am.
This changed three months ago. Following the security
breaches at Woodlands Checkpoint and the
subsequent tightening of checks by the Singapore
authorities, the checkpoint in Tuas has been left in chaos.
A commute that used to take 45 minutes can now take
from IV2 hours to three hours, as many motorists seem to
have diverted their route from Woodlands to Tuas.
In all fairness, the Immigration & Checkpoints
Authority officers in Tuas are trying new measures to ease
traffic, but their efforts have been overwhelmed by the
sheer number of vehicles.
The Iskandar project is of vital importance to the long-term success of not just
Malaysia but also Singapore. But since it was started,
nothing has been done to improve transport links to
Singapore.
There is no plan for additional transit links until
2019 at the earliest, when the Johor rapid transit system will
be completed. If nothing is done to
improve transport links soon, the Iskandar project will fall
flat on its face long before any mass transit system reaches
Johor. Some people are already looking to sell their
properties and return to Singapore.
There are several solutions that can be enacted relatively
quickly.
A ferry terminal was opened in Puteri Harbour last
year, but not a single ferry to Singapore operates from it.
Commuter ferry services between Puteri Harbour and
HarbourFront could make a difference, although the
advertised journey time of 1 1/2 hours is far from ideal.
A small Customs, Immigration and Quarantine
complex near Raffles Marina could allow for a water taxi
service linking up with the Tuas MRT extension, or even
just a bus and taxi stand to get people into the city.
Perhaps the simplest solution is to deploy more
passport officers on both sides of the border. A few more
passport control booths open earlier in the morning could
make the morning commute far more bearable.
If funding is an issue, the tolls could be increased. I
think most Iskandar residents would be willing to pay a bit
more for a shorter morning commute.
--- Simon James

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Iskandar project is of vital importance to the long-term success of not just
Singapore.
quickly.
--- Simon James

Should form an association to lobby on both sides to improve the situation. Can all tie up other business groups that is affected to put more pressure.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore.
quickly.
--- Simon James

so the change from 45 minute commute to hours commute happened only since 3 months ago, after the security breaches at the causeway. Shouldn't he blame these selfish and lawless people and do something to correct their behaviour instead of blaming ICA for the jams? Perhaps instead of writing to Straits times forum, he should write to The Star newspaper forum to ask people to be orderly and lawful.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with ginfreely, border security should not be compromised just because we choose to stay in Johor and need to travel to and fro. However, still hope the authorities can find a long term sustainable solution to solve the traffic jam problem.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malpaso, re your post: yes. btw i cut & paste error. edited previous.

Lol!saw your post in its pre-edited form and thought u were being sarcastic in saying u only got silence from the MY side. Well, at least u got a reply and that in itself is an achievement, substance aside. Although I read Bahasa as a M'sian, I could not for the life of me comprehend the gist of the reply though...

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
so the change from 45 minute commute to hours commute happened only since 3 months ago, after the security breaches at the causeway. Shouldn't he blame these selfish and lawless people and do something to correct their behaviour instead of blaming ICA for the jams? Perhaps instead of writing to Straits times forum, he should write to The Star newspaper forum to ask people to be orderly and lawful.

I super like your reply :biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, Simon James is just a really stupid FT. He should not have written about the difficulties of staying in JB, and working in SG. What he should have written is how SG productivity is being affected because those staying in JB are perpetually late and using the unpredictable jam as a reason, hence affecting SG business productivity.

In addition, he should have written about how SG companies which have set up shop in JB are finding it difficult to schedule their JB/SG meetings. They are either super early for their JB/SG meetings or super late. Again affecting productivity..... No offence, but I would prefer less FTs of James' calibre since his letter is really v lousy.....

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, Simon James is just a really stupid FT. He should not have written about the difficulties of staying in JB, and working in SG. What he should have written is how SG productivity is being affected because those staying in JB are perpetually late and using the unpredictable jam as a reason, hence affecting SG business productivity.

In addition, he should have written about how SG companies which have set up shop in JB are finding it difficult to schedule their JB/SG meetings. They are either super early for their JB/SG meetings or super late. Again affecting productivity..... No offence, but I would prefer less FTs of James' calibre since his letter is really v lousy.....

If indeed this guy is an FT, we really don't need this type. Earn big bucks here, deprive an honest sinkie of a job, and choose to spend his money else where. What a fucked up asshole.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malpaso, re your post: yes. btw i cut & paste error. edited previous.

Lol!saw your post in its pre-edited form and thought u were being sarcastic in saying u only got silence from the MY side. Well, at least u got a reply and that in itself is an achievement, substance aside. Although I read Bahasa as a M'sian, I could not for the life of me comprehend the gist of the reply though...

yep haha i saw my original post after u quote me and tot it was funny too. accidentally funny. also yes, i impressed . the feedback went all the way to putrajaya sial.
the reply is shoot to jb ask them to please answer the feedback.
but jb side haven't answer, yet.
waiting to see their standard answer. keke. btw i feedback bout how not all the booths are open during peak hours.

Last edited: