• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Into Singapore,..

Yes, Passport control check thoroughly - but Customs, again double-check, by opening doors !
Such wastes precious time,
and really,..treats EVERY visitor into SG with suspicion.

But does this really free Singapore of Terrorism Threats ? considering the current reality of,..

- Plenty of Vice, Ganglang activity in Geylang, People's Park,..by Chinamen Gangsters

- Ditto, Peninsula Plaza,..by Mynamar,...Has anyone wondered how the Mynamar men gets "drunk' without the aid of alcohol ?
...other means of smuggling illegal drugs, perhaps ?

- Little India,..recent Riots,..

The Drug problem still persists big time in Singapore, inspite of such strict import controls

Please drive arounf Sg kadut at night,..there are still lotss of illegally-imported cigarette sellers there,...

The SG Police Dogs are simply, barking up the wrong tree, by wasting resources, blanketing all at official checkpoints with suspicions,..thoroughness.

And where is the Traffic Police ?????

last minute lane-cutters are aplenty,....

They would rather install cctvs, to catch docile Singaporean road users, in stopping at non-stop zones,..rather to catch them lane-cutters. Too much work for civil serpents , perhaps ?

Thanks to the good work of the officers, at least the criminals in Malaysia have a much tougher time entering Singapore or smuggle their guns and drugs. Singapore and Johor are just a narrow strait apart, but the level of crimes are very different. You have to thank the officers for their mundane, thankless and health-hazardous work :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just playing devil's advocate to see the other side of the issue :biggrin: The jam is very much here to stay if I interpret Singapore government's policy correctly. If there is no further expansion other than RTS, then I will worry if there is no jam :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just playing devil's advocate to see the other side of the issue :biggrin: The jam is very much here to stay if I interpret Singapore government's policy correctly. If there is no further expansion other than RTS, then I will worry if there is no jam :smile:

To be honest, some of the JB plated cars are really quite suspicious. Yesterday as I entered SG around mid-day, I saw 2 JB cars changing drivers on the BKE, right after clearing SG customs.

For both cars, the original lady drivers moved to the back, and 2 male drivers took over. I saw 1 of the car at the SG customs earlier. The lady driver was not familiar with the opening of the car-boot, and hence there was a bit of delay at the customs clearance lane.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strangely, in my last couple of weekend trips to JB (Tuas side) crossing at about 11am+... there were very little jams
Last last sat went in at 7pm jam till 10.30 PM. Come back around 2.30 a, jam till 5 am. What's wrong with Stinkapore custom?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lady must be sporean. Cant drive JB car. Sometimes when I drive my JB cars into Singapore, I also change seat to let a Malaysian relatives take over

To be honest, some of the JB plated cars are really quite suspicious. Yesterday as I entered SG around mid-day, I saw 2 JB cars changing drivers on the BKE, right after clearing SG customs.

For both cars, the original lady drivers moved to the back, and 2 male drivers took over. I saw 1 of the car at the SG customs earlier. The lady driver was not familiar with the opening of the car-boot, and hence there was a bit of delay at the customs clearance lane.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Travelled from SIN to JB this morn. Reached Tuas CIQ ard 8 am & cleared JB CIQ by 8.30 am.
Return from JB CIQ at 8.15 pm & cleared SIN CIQ ard 8.45 pm.
Can't believe my luck! Expected jam because of school holidays. Thought perhaps it's the World Cup effect? Most fans not traveling, to prepare for the first match?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Travelled from SIN to JB this morn. Reached Tuas CIQ ard 8 am & cleared JB CIQ by 8.30 am.
Return from JB CIQ at 8.15 pm & cleared SIN CIQ ard 8.45 pm.
Can't believe my luck! Expected jam because of school holidays. Thought perhaps it's the World Cup effect? Most fans not traveling, to prepare for the first match?

evening work day coming in from JB to SIN in the evening not much jam, i have been checking the cams on EDL as well as casueway. the jams are bad going out of SIN throughout the day, and especially in the evening.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only time when there is no Jams on weekdays night or weekdays is when Singapore is at War with Malaysia. Otherwise, jams will surely be there. The Singapore govt has no need or benefit to bother about it anyway.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only time when there is no Jams on weekdays night or weekdays is when Singapore is at War with Malaysia. Otherwise, jams will surely be there. The Singapore govt has no need or benefit to bother about it anyway.

Treat the jam as going through tight airport security. Clearance usually min 1 hr, eg at Paris CDG airport. Then you wont feel so pissed. Haha.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently if you see the pattern of jam, it is cause by Singapore side. The causeway towards JB is usually free flowing.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprising the traffic cams show very little traffic coming into Singapore this Sunday night
Must be jammed at Malaysian side then. Any body can verify?

i can verify. i was stuck in it.
slow moving traffic but at least Singapore side was not jammed which was a pleasant surprise.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
But truly, how can stay in johor like this condition.
Its pretty bad. Everyday spend almost 3 hours stuck in the jams. i think its pretty bad. Its not possible for me .

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think June school hols was no help. Last sat 0900 stuck 1 hour on sg side (2nd link), no better across MY side.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think June school hols was no help. Last sat 0900 stuck 1 hour on sg side (2nd link), no better across MY side.

Ahem...actually the school hols (June and Dec) are supposed to worsen the jam, since logically more pple will be travelling betw the 2 countries, compared to those who go overseas.