• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two barrier arms at Singapore Tuas immigration lanes

Apparently if you see the pattern of jam, it is cause by Singapore side. The causeway towards JB is usually free flowing.

I concur.

Some of you may notice that Singapore immigration lanes at Tuas have 2 barrier arms. Cars cannot tailgate. They must have visited HH and got the idea. :biggrin:

The rear barrier arm will not lift up until the front barrier comes down. There is a gap of at least 10 seconds from the time front car leaves and the time next car can position itself at the immigration window. Incoming vehicular flow to Singapore at Tuas will surely and certainly slow down.

A little bird told me this is a pilot and is under consideration. Let us hope the pilot doesn't go through and disappears (like MH370). Otherwise we can ALL kiss goodbye to faster clearance at Singapore side. :(

In the US, citiizens can lobby to congress to implement or stop measures for the community.

Singapore eh sai bo (can or not) aahh ? :cool:

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Two barrier arms at Singapore Tuas immigration lanes

The jams will continue to be bad until holidays are over

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore has gone to the dogs. You try Q up at 2nd link and at least 50-70% of the cars are foreign-plated. The Singapore govt disturb the locals and make it expensive for the locals but the foreigners can drive their cars to work daily at 20% of our price. What a jerk

I concur.

Some of you may notice that Singapore immigration lanes at Tuas have 2 barrier arms. Cars cannot tailgate. They must have visited HH and got the idea. :biggrin:

The rear barrier arm will not lift up until the front barrier comes down. There is a gap of at least 10 seconds from the time front car leaves and the time next car can position itself at the immigration window. Incoming vehicular flow to Singapore at Tuas will surely and certainly slow down.

A little bird told me this is a pilot and is under consideration. Let us hope the pilot doesn't go through and disappears (like MH370). Otherwise we can ALL kiss goodbye to faster clearance at Singapore side. :(

In the US, citiizens can lobby to congress to implement or stop measures for the community.

Singapore eh sai bo (can or not) aahh ? :cool:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore has gone to the dogs. You try Q up at 2nd link and at least 50-70% of the cars are foreign-plated. The Singapore govt disturb the locals and make it expensive for the locals but the foreigners can drive their cars to work daily at 20% of our price. What a jerk

We don't pay extra fee to drive into Malaysia. I okay with $20 SGD now, which adds up to about $70k SGD over 10 years which is roughly the price of COE.

VEHICLE ENTRY PERMIT (VEP) FEES & TOLL CHARGE
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...le-entry-permit-vep-fees-and-toll-charge.html

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

We don't pay extra fee to drive into Malaysia. I okay with $20 SGD now, which adds up to about $70k SGD over 10 years which is roughly the price of COE.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...le-entry-permit-vep-fees-and-toll-charge.html

Assuming one only drives in to work, @SGD20 works out to SGD100/week. For simplicity, discounting the public holidays and annual leave, it works out to at max, SGD5,200 annually and SGD52,000 over a 10 year period.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

You forgot to factor in the road tax, insurance and petrol.

For a normal JB vehicle, one year they use about 4000 litre of petrol. For RON 95 they save RM 4000 per year and RM 40,000 over 10 years

For insurance, a normal JB car I have is just S$300 compared to S$2000 for Singapore per year. Over 10 years, you know the difference

For Road tax, my Malaysia 1.4 litre car cost just S$50 per year compared to my Singapore car at S$700 per year. Over 10 years, you know the difference

S$20 VEP is a thing of the past and is being misused by Work pass holders etc who are enjoying the best of both worlds. $20 VEP applies when a COE is $10K and below. Now it is irrelevant.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The more you complain, the more the government helps. And the more trouble you get in the end.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Massive jam at JB side yesterday night. Anyone caught?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because Sunday is normal working day in Johor, so only 50% of the immigration booths are opened?

Haha, I find the immigration booths are ok. Jam for 3 hours overall, nearly 2.5 hrs at JB side, mainly due to queue cutters at EDL ....

I think yesterday marks the ending of the June school hols. Next week is the official end, but the jam will be much less, as the kids need to prepare for school and to hand in their homework liao.....

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

so far, after living in HH for the past month, I realised the following on the 2nd link:

Morning:
Monday is terrible! It takes me about 1 hour to reach Singapore
The motorcycle takes up all the lanes coming into Singapore, and a special lane has to be created on the "going to Malaysia" side.
Add in the queue cutters, its simply terrible.
Tues~Fri is ok. Usually within 15mins will reach Singapore.

I leave HH at 0545hrs, and will reach the immigration at about 6 or slightly later.

Night:
Monday~Wed is ok. Usually about 30~45mins can reach Malaysia
Thurs~Fri is terrible. It takes 1~1.5hours to reach Malaysia.
The queue will start from/before the tunnel leading to 2nd Link.

I usually reach the tunnel between 1845~1900hrs.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi hangyong and friends here,

i'm still trying to figure whether i should rent an apartment/condo in Nusajaya or a small studio in Singapore. The main reasons for contemplating JB is due to cost and we want to save for retirement. My hubby and I both need to work (and be on time) for work. He works in Tuas and I work at Sembawang Road. We need to be at office by 8am. We knock off at about 6pm and 5.30pm respectively, and occasionally need to stay back late for work.

1. May I ask what is the preferred time to reach CIQ (JB side) on weekdays to clear both immigration (JB & S'pore) to enter into AYE by 0715hrs (AYE to his and my workplace = 45 mins). Are there days we need to be slightly earlier i.e. on Monday and by how much?

2. To return to Nusajaya, at what preferred time (for weekdays) should we try to reach CIQ (S'pore side) so that we can clear both immigration within an hour's time. What is the next best time if we missed the preferring times? Again, are there certain days we should try to arrive early or later on our return journey and what are these times?

if cross-border traveling takes up too much time, we may have to rent a tiny Singapore studio as we can't afford to lose jobs.

thanks in advance, folks.

regards,
streams

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi hangyong and friends here,

i'm still trying to figure whether i should rent an apartment/condo in Nusajaya or a small studio in Singapore. The main reasons for contemplating JB is due to cost and we want to save for retirement. My hubby and I both need to work (and be on time) for work. He works in Tuas and I work at Sembawang Road. We need to be at office by 8am. We knock off at about 6pm and 5.30pm respectively, and occasionally need to stay back late for work.

1. May I ask what is the preferred time to reach CIQ (JB side) on weekdays to clear both immigration (JB & S'pore) to enter into AYE by 0715hrs (AYE to his and my workplace = 45 mins). Are there days we need to be slightly earlier i.e. on Monday and by how much?

2. To return to Nusajaya, at what preferred time (for weekdays) should we try to reach CIQ (S'pore side) so that we can clear both immigration within an hour's time. What is the next best time if we missed the preferring times? Again, are there certain days we should try to arrive early or later on our return journey and what are these times?

if cross-border traveling takes up too much time, we may have to rent a tiny Singapore studio as we can't afford to lose jobs.

thanks in advance, folks.

regards,
streams

As I have only stayed for a month, and its during the school holidays, it may not represent the true situation during school days.

on Monday, I will reach AYE at about 715-730am if I reach CIQ at 6am.
On Tuesday~Friday, I will reach AYE by 630 if I reach CIQ at 6am.

Coming in, there is no good timing, and its really unpredictable.
I have seen jam till 10pm at times.

But be prepared for about 1 hour's wait Singapore side.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Assuming 25 working days per month, the number is 60,000SGD.

It is still quite a big sum of money to drive into Singapore for Malaysians. If someone proposes to plug this loophole, the Singapore government will usually "help" by making everyone suffers more, just that foreigners suffer more than Singaporeans. I'm quite sick of the government's "help" and am okay with just a small bunch of Malaysians taking a bit of advantage of the system.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is still quite a big sum of money to drive into Singapore for Malaysians. If someone proposes to plug this loophole, the Singapore government will usually "help" by making everyone suffers more, just that foreigners suffer more than Singaporeans. I'm quite sick of the government's "help" and am okay with just a small bunch of Malaysians taking a bit of advantage of the system.

If you bother to do your sum. It cost only tiny fraction of their salary to work in Singapore. Usually when a Malaysian car enters into Singapore. They will take in 4 passengers in a car.

$20 Per Entry x 5 Days x 52 Weeks = $5200 on tolls per year. But please do remember, as Malaysians are rather enterprising. They will pack as many people inside a car when they enter Singapore. So effectively, it cost $5200/4 = $1300 Per person a year.

If you take into account $1300 / 52 weeks = $25 per week per person.

So i think this is a very tiny tiny portion of income per person must give up if they want to work in Singapore. Overall , they are still the biggest winners. They earn good salary in Singkie Dollar and spend in RM.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Give n take...not that we can benefit from e taxes. Likely for e taxes to end up in a black hole.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Johor reclamation work has stopped. Does this mean the Singapore government will now solve the traffic jams issues? :smile:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have only stayed for a month, and its during the school holidays, it may not represent the true situation during school days.

on Monday, I will reach AYE at about 715-730am if I reach CIQ at 6am.
On Tuesday~Friday, I will reach AYE by 630 if I reach CIQ at 6am.

Coming in, there is no good timing, and its really unpredictable.
I have seen jam till 10pm at times.

But be prepared for about 1 hour's wait Singapore side.

i'm glad that the school holidays is almost over.

6 am at CIQ seems doable at the moment (in the mind)..although i usually leave home for work at about 7.20am :o. Perhaps i should stay over at in-laws place on Sunday Night (S'pore) to escape Mondays' Mad Morning Traffic Jam.