• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quite obvious that the spore govt is intentionally making it difficult and painful to commute between j b and spore. They intentionally create a big bottle neck at the boot check area.imagine stationing only 1 officer to check the boot of every car and then having to remove the cone for 1 car at a time. The problem can easily be solved by stationing 2 or 3 more officers to check 3 or 4 cars at a time.
I spoke to one of the duty officer and he also cannot understand why the authorities is purposely doing this and knowingly creating a big bottleneck.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quite obvious that the spore govt is intentionally making it difficult and painful to commute between j b and spore. They intentionally create a big bottle neck at the boot check area.imagine stationing only 1 officer to check the boot of every car and then having to remove the cone for 1 car at a time. The problem can easily be solved by stationing 2 or 3 more officers to check 3 or 4 cars at a time.
I spoke to one of the duty officer and he also cannot understand why the authorities is purposely doing this and knowingly creating a big bottleneck.
Actually there's no cone or paper slip system now at causeway. So really there are more pple commuting than before. Sg Govt needs to quickly install more bikes counters to clear the queues, as it is the bikes that delay the cars, which in turn, delays the bus, lorries, vans...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there's no cone or paper slip system now at causeway. So really there are more pple commuting than before. Sg Govt needs to quickly install more bikes counters to clear the queues, as it is the bikes that delay the cars, which in turn, delays the bus, lorries, vans...

actually , bro, on last sunday when i returned.., they did use a cone at the tertiary check (boot check) :smile:
i gave the officer a long look as he was kicking the cone around, he returned a wry look too. hah hah.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually , bro, on last sunday when i returned.., they did use a cone at the tertiary check (boot check) :smile:
i gave the officer a long look as he was kicking the cone around, he returned a wry look too. hah hah.
Humm... i only know they use the cone at the passport checking area (when experimenting with new clearance sys). But I havent kena cone at boot check area for v long liao. Maybe because i always clear during peak hours. LOL...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issit deliberate to dissuade people from investing in Johor. Recently there is some news that Singapore Govt is warning about investing overseas. Is this a hint that the Singapore Govt is worried about the outflow of capital?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone into iskandar via 2nd link in a breeze at 10am and out at 530pm with no jam at Malaysia CIQ but took about 13 min at Singapore side.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bestest.... Left johor super early, no jam either side. Reach spore home in 45 mins including pump petrol.... If only every trip is like that....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bestest.... Left johor super early, no jam either side. Reach spore home in 45 mins including pump petrol.... If only every trip is like that....

what time is that, 3am? :smile: last year weekdays, if coming in from jb 1st link, any time after 8pm is totally clear. jams are getting exponentially worse!

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
We just drove in, crossed over at Tuas abt 4.15pm, no jam. I think its starts nearer 5pm. But this morning I hear from my friend there was a jam coming in from Singapore at about 10am.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like that how can third link he long term plan? Must start building ASAP, immediately.....

IMG_20140523_202627.jpg

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that recently Tuas side coming to Singapore will jam even during off-peak hours. 2-3 years back, I was always the first car to reach counter ( no Q ) mostly between 9am- the next morning 6am. That means the jam will be there only 6am-9am and after that Tuas 2nd link is a ghost town. How I miss those days.

We just drove in, crossed over at Tuas abt 4.15pm, no jam. I think its starts nearer 5pm. But this morning I hear from my friend there was a jam coming in from Singapore at about 10am.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that recently Tuas side coming to Singapore will jam even during off-peak hours. 2-3 years back, I was always the first car to reach counter ( no Q ) mostly between 9am- the next morning 6am. That means the jam will be there only 6am-9am and after that Tuas 2nd link is a ghost town. How I miss those days.

To populate Puteri Harbour/Medini and make them vibrant, the jam should be at least 2x worse. Clearly the 2nd link capacity will be reached by the end of this year, which means jam for most hours except 11pm-5am daily.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
To populate Puteri Harbour/Medini and make them vibrant, the jam should be at least 2x worse. Clearly the 2nd link capacity will be reached by the end of this year, which means jam for most hours except 11pm-5am daily.

that's the catch 22 situation, isn't it? for nusajaya to be vibrant, 2nd link must be jammed.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

The best is to have Nusajaya develop into a self-containted township with offices towers such as the equil of UOB plaza, Suntec City etc so that there is no need to even cross into Singapore. Work and Live in Nusajaya is the bestest of all.

The job will rest on Sunway Iskandar and Medini which is the financial district.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone commute regularly by the bus from Tune hotel to Harbourfront ? I am wondering if this would be faster as buses take a faster lane. My friend who is moving to BI soon is planning to park and ride. Also is there a bus from Tune that goes to Marina Bay Sands? I hear there is but am not sure if its still running.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha amazing.
Today reached customs at 530. Cleared within 30 mins. Johor side no jam at all. Fantastic. I think timing is everything.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning I travelled out at 4 plus and discovered what was causing the jam at the causeway. One lane was taken by trucks - the whole stretch of the causeway. The next lane was occupied by the blue buses - whole stretch of it. So the poor cars only had one lane to move along. Took almost 2 hours to clear.