• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC Remy Choo scores own goal again !

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, I will search out the article. It should be available in the nlb or the nus lib, even if it is defamatory.

Thanks for the lead.

Cheers

Sometimes I am not sure if i and perhaps the majority of singaporeans have misunderstood dr chee...i remembered one prominent psychologist speaking up for him in the press and that was when tinges of doubt came into my mind...that perhaps an equally valid perspective exists elsewhere

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try FEER's archive but be quick.:wink:

Ok, I will search out the article. It should be available in the nlb or the nus lib, even if it is defamatory.

Thanks for the lead.

Cheers

Sometimes I am not sure if i and perhaps the majority of singaporeans have misunderstood dr chee...i remembered one prominent psychologist speaking up for him in the press and that was when tinges of doubt came into my mind...that perhaps an equally valid perspective exists elsewhere

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kakowi,

I think you are thinking of Anthony Yeo. With respect, I think that was to do with Chua Lee Hoong's apparent character attack on Dr Chee in ST, not Dr Chee's political strategies.

Cheers

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kakowi,

I think you are thinking of Anthony Yeo. With respect, I think that was to do with Chua Lee Hoong's apparent character attack on Dr Chee in ST, not Dr Chee's political strategies.

Cheers

Thanks for the lead...visiting the feer website now yields fruit

The article does indeed give a better idea of the strategies of Dr Chee...although the picture i now have is much more hazy and i am not that certain of my opinions at this time

It also help me to understand better the polarization in this forum and the deliberate discrediting of the SDP by every post possible

And my hope that Dr Chee will consider the majority vote was rather naive in the light of his resolute decision to see who blink first...still, he should consider if it is likely that anything outside of food can rouse a singaporean

To conclude, perhaps the rest of the opposition parties might like to go for a drink together?

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey glad you got a peek.:smile:

On the diatribes between pro SDP and the rest, I think it runs at different levels. Some may involve personal feuds.

I think Dr Chee has probably invested too much to make a u-turn now. Pity because I would like to see him in action in parliament and for that matter also his fiesty sister. However I personally have concerns whether he can make for a good capable and competent political leader as opposed to just an MP just based on his apparent idealistic bent.

As for the other Oppos, I think they need to move away from leader personality politics first to move forward.

Thanks for the lead...visiting the feer website now yields fruit

The article does indeed give a better idea of the strategies of Dr Chee...although the picture i now have is much more hazy and i am not that certain of my opinions at this time

It also help me to understand better the polarization in this forum and the deliberate discrediting of the SDP by every post possible

And my hope that Dr Chee will consider the majority vote was rather naive in the light of his resolute decision to see who blink first...still, he should consider if it is likely that anything outside of food can rouse a singaporean

To conclude, perhaps the rest of the opposition parties might like to go for a drink together?

A

Alu862

Hey glad you got a peek.:smile:

On the diatribes between pro SDP and the rest, I think it runs at different levels. Some may involve personal feuds.

I think Dr Chee has probably invested too much to make a u-turn now. Pity because I would like to see him in action in parliament and for that matter also his fiesty sister. However I personally have concerns whether he can make for a good capable and competent political leader as opposed to just an MP just based on his apparent idealistic bent.

As for the other Oppos, I think they need to move away from leader personality politics first to move forward.

I would not like to see DR Chee in parliament at all. All he does is to air the dirty linen of other parties (not just the PAP) without having any substansive policy or vision. Democracy is not something that oyou can eat and grow big with.

Singaporean politics is full of disrespect for each other (all political parties included). There's no need to talk about democracy at all, repsect each other first. And respect yourslef--look at how our MPs dress and sit in parliament. Even hawkers look better than them.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP knows the importance of opposition unity and solidarity and has been calling on all parties to stand on a common platform.

Unfortunately, Low Thia Kiang hates SDP and refuse to have anything to do with it, so what can Dr Chee do ?

Of course we know Low Thia Kiang is a "PAP-approved" opposition and naturally he is anti-SDP.

Now we know who the real mole is.

I feel that there is no real need to worry about moles at this time. Moles are not your enemy when you are your own worst enemy.

Reason why I am saying this is that the opposition party, well SDP, need to take some time to think through their strategies to see if it is effective.

Mr Goh Meng Seng of the NSP seems to be taking care of himself quite well. I do not know if the other parties are active here.

I do not know if wayang party so promoted by Avantas is related to WP or not, but it will be good if you know where you stand on the political spectrum instead of being reactive to the strategies of others.

Actually the opposition has more than a fighting chance of getting one third of the seats but they need to think through their strategies, their value proposition and the confidence their customers (the voters) have of them. SDP, in particular, seems to be of a one-track mind. In terms of tenacity, that is a good thing. In terms of strategy, it is a strong limiting factor and will prevent success from entering your endeavours. Sorry for the strong language or emphasis, but i really think it is time the opposition wakes up. Otherwise how are voters like me going to have choices?!!!

I wish the SDP will stop reading political manuals and start to read marketing books on meeting customers' need. What they need are voters' buy-in.

So long as voters trust them or think well enough of them to lay bets on them, they will succeed. And that is what the TOC is doing. On the other hand, SDP is doing its own thing, NSP is playing its own game and the rest does not seem to be doing anything.

So, I ask again: why don't all of you go out for a drink together?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
On whoose terms? Dr Chee appears to be doing the same to the Law Society now as well. Now I understand where Dr Chee is coming from, but practically speaking by going down such a route he maybe alienating non partisan personalities, and all for what? Trying to shame the local bar is not going to get him very far, he might as well just shame the 66.6% electorate that voted PAP as well.

SDP knows the importance of opposition unity and solidarity and has been calling on all parties to stand on a common platform.

Unfortunately, Low Thia Kiang hates SDP and refuse to have anything to do with it, so what can Dr Chee do ?

Of course we know Low Thia Kiang is a "PAP-approved" opposition and naturally he is anti-SDP.

Now we know who the real mole is.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
It sometimes take shaming to shock people into taking a second look on what constitutes personal moral values. To each his own stand on issues.