• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why did Andrew Loh hand over TOC to Remy Choo ?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who don't know the background of TOC, TOC is the brainchild of ex WP Youth leader Andrew Loh Hong Puey (aka PMonkey10 of the old SBF).

Andrew Loh first mooted the idea of setting up a credible news blog like Malaysiakini way back in early 2006 just before the May GE. He has been asking SBF forumers for opinions on setting up this blog including me.

After GE 2006, Andrew Loh mass emailed all his friends and associates to call for interested parties to set up this blog and I was one of them.

I was quite enthusiastic initially about Andrew's project but pulled out after he insisted on recruiting YPAP members into the editorial team to boost its credibility. At that time, Remy Choo was not even in the loop.

We all know that how passionate Andrew Loh is about TOC. He has the ambition to build up TOC into a respectable socio-political blog. TOC started initially with a few writers and being a new blog, its viewership is not that fantastic in the early days.

Things starting to look up for TOC with the joining of Remy Choo. Choo pulled in many new faces including Gerald Giam, Kai Jie, Benjamin Cheah etc, all his kakis.

Then without any notice, Andrew Loh announced that he is passing TOC over to Choo due to "conflicts" with his work in WP. This is strange considering that Andrew knew about Choo's association with the PAP.

Why did Andrew Loh give up his hard work to Remy Choo and let him let get the credit for TOC's "success" today ???

From what I heard from insiders, Andrew Loh was "persuaded" by a PAP MP to "pass the baton" to Choo in order to take TOC to greater heights. Subsequently Ephraim Loy was roped in to be TOC's deputy chief editor.

Did Andrew Loh hand over TOC to the PAP willingly ? Or is Andrew Loh a PAP mole ? Let us don't forget that Andrew Loh was a YPAP member before he suddenly joined WP in 2004 under very mysterious circumstances.

The latest I heard is that TOC may be welcoming a PAP MP on board its Editorial Team soon and to deflect expected criticism from its readers, it may also rope in a WP CEC member, possibly Yaw Shin Leong or NSP CEC member Goh Meng Seng as a "counter-weight" so that it can continue to wayang shamelessly as a "non-partisan" blog.

TOC's viewership will be expected to be boosted at least 10 times if a PAP MP joins it even as a guest writer ! And expect the state times to publicize it daily ! TOC will be finally be established as a "credible" "alternative" news blog targetting at readers from the middle ground. Heck care about the 20% of hardcore opposition supporters who reads the SDP blog. PAP is only interested to secure the support of the middle 40% and that's the function served exactly by TOC in cyberspace.

Who is this genius who come up with this brilliant ploy to counter the rising anti-establishment sentiments in cyberspace ? It is not Andrew Loh or Remy Choo. In February 2007, Baey Yam Keng, who heads one of the PAP's new media subcommittee (or the internet counter-insurgency team) told The Straits Times that "It was necessary for the PAP to have a voice in cyberspace as there were few in the online community who were pro-establishment". He admitted sending activists to counter anti-PAP rhethoric in cyberspace. But this can only work if activists are not 'too obvious' about it, Mr Baey said yesterday. Otherwise it comes across as 'propaganda'. 'The identity is not important. It is the message that is important,' he added.

I must say that TOC has achieved Mr Baey's objectives of giving PAP a real voice in cyberspace with so many establishment figures on its Editorial Team which audits every single article vigorously before it is published. Choo was also not "too obvious" initially until his "working relationship" with a PAP MP is exposed for all to see.

Coincidentally, TOC was set up 3 months after the PAP's internet counter-insurgency team. The team was headed by Manpower Minister Ng Eng Hen. However the campaign is strategized by Lui Tuck Yew and Zaqy Mohamad. Now Zaqy Mohamad is from Hong Kah GRC in the west. Does Remy Choo knows him ?

Go and figure out for yourself who is the mastermind behind TOC. I have already stated the obvious. I leave you to reach your own conclusions.

Last edited:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

What a load of utter rubbish and crock. I speak as one who was at the initial meetings at Starbucks discussing how the TOC would be set up and positioned and that was how I first met Remy at those coffee's . Just get this shit over with and start your ejay worshipping politically pure " The Alternative Citizen. " Twisting half truths and facts to suit your agenda is vile and petty but soon enough "TAC" will be revealed to all.

Locke

"We all know that how passionate Andrew Loh is about TOC. He has the ambition to build up TOC into a respectable socio-political blog. TOC started initially with a few writers and being a new blog, its viewership is not that fantastic in the early days.

Things starting to look up for TOC with the joining of Remy Choo. Choo pulled in many new faces including Gerald Giam, Kai Jie, Benjamin Cheah etc, all his kakis."

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, are you sure the first meeting is at Starbucks ? Want to get your facts right first ?

Remy was not one of the first batch of pioneers. He joined the team only after the idea has been conceptualize though not executed yet.

Why not you get Andrew Loh here to tell us what exactly transpired ?

Dear Avantas

What a load of utter rubbish and crock. I speak as one who was at the initial meetings at Starbucks discussing how the TOC would be set up and positioned and that was how I first met Remy at those coffee's . Just get this shit over with and start your ejay worshipping politically pure " The Alternative Citizen. " Twisting half truths and facts to suit your agenda is vile and petty but soon enough "TAC" will be revealed to all.

Locke

"We all know that how passionate Andrew Loh is about TOC. He has the ambition to build up TOC into a respectable socio-political blog. TOC started initially with a few writers and being a new blog, its viewership is not that fantastic in the early days.

Things starting to look up for TOC with the joining of Remy Choo. Choo pulled in many new faces including Gerald Giam, Kai Jie, Benjamin Cheah etc, all his kakis."

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

What a load of utter rubbish and crock. ...... Just get this shit over with and start your ejay worshipping politically pure " The Alternative Citizen. " Twisting half truths and facts to suit your agenda is vile and petty but soon enough "TAC" will be revealed to all.
Locke

"

With all the TOC bashing and promoting of Ng E-Jay, i think it's clear who Avantas is.

I thought we have seen the last of the clone wars with the demise of old SBF forum.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

Load of crock. First you said that he joined after the blog was started and it was failing and not getting any traction. Now you have shifted to the position below, you have no clue and you are just making stories up. I was there and remy was there and that was how I first met him. You are full of shit

Locke

Haha, are you sure the first meeting is at Starbucks ? Want to get your facts right first ?

Remy was not one of the first batch of pioneers. He joined the team only after the idea has been conceptualize though not executed yet.

Why not you get Andrew Loh here to tell us what exactly transpired ?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,

Long time no see ! How's life been ?

With all the TOC bashing and promoting of Ng E-Jay, i think it's clear who Avantas is.

I thought we have seen the last of the clone wars with the demise of old SBF forum.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Chewed

Half ass stories purpoting to be the truth. If someone wants to set up an alternative to the TOC then no one would object, it is however the matter of the creation and promotion of the alternative which sickens me

Locke

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Locke,

Are you saying that only TOC can claim to be the gospel of the truth ?

TOC's "journalistic" standards smacks of gutter journalism and is comparable to the Shitty Times. Malaysiakini will be ashamed to be associated with TOC.

I am calling on all bloggers to discuss the possibility of setting up a Singaporekini to counter the PAP propaganda spewed daily by The Online CONS/COCK/CRAP.

Dear Chewed

Half ass stories purpoting to be the truth. If someone wants to set up an alternative to the TOC then no one would object, it is however the matter of the creation and promotion of the alternative which sickens me

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

A rival blog by all means. A balance of all views is fair but the half assed stories I am referring to are your tails or fairy propaganda about Remy and about how it was founded. You can set up a rival blog or a rival competitor to TOC without all this sliming and personal attacks.

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
If TOC does indeed rope in Yaw Shin Leong then it probably does not need a PAP MP, since Yaw appears to be a PAP man at heart afterall:rolleyes:

However, again to be fair to TOC and Choo Zheng Xi it is has been providing a whole spectrum of views even to extent to providing SDP with some favourable publicity of late.

Nothing wrong being cynical, wary and suspicious because we are dealing with the tricky dicky PAPs afterall, however try to judge the quality and substance instead of the personalities.:wink:

The latest I heard is that TOC may be welcoming a PAP MP on board its Editorial Team soon and to deflect expected criticism from its readers, it may also rope in a WP CEC member, possibly Yaw Shin Leong or NSP CEC member Goh Meng Seng as a "counter-weight" so that it can continue to wayang shamelessly as a "non-partisan" blog.

TOC's viewership will be expected to be boosted at least 10 times if a PAP MP joins it even as a guest writer ! And expect the state times to publicize it daily ! TOC will be finally be established as a "credible" "alternative" news blog targetting at readers from the middle ground. Heck care about the 20% of hardcore opposition supporters who reads the SDP blog. PAP is only interested to secure the support of the middle 40% and that's the function served exactly by TOC in cyberspace.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifio

Ohhh the delicious irony of it. We have Avantas who is against the TOC but for the SDP and for SG Human Rights etc etc claiming that the TOC is infiltrated by the PAP and that he wants to set up a truely independent blog :_)) Litmus test of someone who is truely independent , he praises and critiques in equal proportions. All I see of Avantas thus far is praise and critiques that are as one sided as the PAP's and the ST.
I wonder why he wants the middle ground for ? Or has someone finally grown a brain and decided that partisan blogs and writings get no where with the middle.

Locke

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who don't know the background of TOC, TOC is the brainchild of ex WP Youth leader Andrew Loh Hong Puey (aka PMonkey10 of the old SBF). >>

When was Andrew Loh ever considered as "WP Youth leader"? LOL

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, that's true. Not only Yaw, many WP members are PAP men at heart including a particular forumer here who kept defending TOC - he admitted being an "admirer" of LKY !

If TOC does indeed rope in Yaw Shin Leong then it probably does not need a PAP MP, since Yaw appears to be a PAP man at heart afterall:rolleyes:

However, again to be fair to TOC and Choo Zheng Xi it is has been providing a whole spectrum of views even to extent to providing SDP with some favourable publicity of late.

Nothing wrong being cynical, wary and suspicious because we are dealing with the tricky dicky PAPs afterall, however try to judge the quality and substance instead of the personalities.:wink:

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course Andrew was a nobody in WP. Yet he kept behaving like some big shot in SBF, so must give him some face lah.

For those of you who don't know the background of TOC, TOC is the brainchild of ex WP Youth leader Andrew Loh Hong Puey (aka PMonkey10 of the old SBF). >>

When was Andrew Loh ever considered as "WP Youth leader"? LOL

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the tacit support of PAP, do you think the ST will promote TOC?

Dear Porifio

Ohhh the delicious irony of it. We have Avantas who is against the TOC but for the SDP and for SG Human Rights etc etc claiming that the TOC is infiltrated by the PAP and that he wants to set up a truely independent blog :_)) Litmus test of someone who is truely independent , he praises and critiques in equal proportions. All I see of Avantas thus far is praise and critiques that are as one sided as the PAP's and the ST.
I wonder why he wants the middle ground for ? Or has someone finally grown a brain and decided that partisan blogs and writings get no where with the middle.

Locke