• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Waiting for presentations by students to start. I will be a member of the judging panel for students' business ideas. Since I started on my entrepreneurial journey 15 years ago, I have been adjunct teaching staff, judge, mentor, grant evaluator and speaker in countless biz ideas projects locally and overseas. The entrepreneurial buzz in Singapore has certainly gone up several notches since I took the plunge myself from being a professional manager into the uncertain and often challenging world of entrepreneurship.

Usually, I see a lot of enthusiasm in presentations which can do with a dose of practical considerations. I hope some will eventually get to see through to executing their ideas. The biggest challenge is always in finding a way to convert ideas into practical and sustainable ventures.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Chen Show Mao[/h]Tuck Yew and I were classmates from over forty years ago. When I see him and Vivian in the front row seats in Parliament twirling their pens it still takes me back. Since the last elections, I have only seen Tuck Yew a handful of times outside of Parliament. But I ride on his buses and trains almost daily... or I wish they were really his (The Workers' Party would have the government own and manage rail and bus assets). I recall Tuck Yew's maiden parliamentary speech not even ten years ago on how Singapore was like a small boat at sea. He has had his hand close to the rudder all this time. Perhaps he feels he has done his duty. All the best. We will miss his earnestness and decency in Parliament.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

A beautiful view of a rainbow at the junction of Lor J and Still Road, the boundary that currently divides Joo Chiat SMC and Joo Chiat@Marine Parade. Perhaps the rainbow is a gift for, like what a wise man had recently said, the welcoming back of an old brother into the family. It is a rather complex family though, when sometimes a brother comes home and a sister packs up and leave, and not to mention the sometimes sudden inclusion and deletion of half brothers and sisters from the neighbours.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Interesting that Ru just shared this photo from our Hammer sales in Joo Chiat area earlier this year. I was there this very morning to get my fix of wanton noodles from Mei Yuen across the road followed by some Custard puffs for takeaway from Chin Mei Chin.

Both are pioneer shops from decades ago that are still operating today. I wonder for how long though. Carlton restaurant, another old shop was recently sold and is now closed till someone reopens another food concept there, perhaps. The people manning these shops were there when I was patronising these shops as a kid. My parents swear by the kaya - the only real kaya in town. There seemed to be no one of a younger generation working in the shops now. While I was at CMC, I saw a group of people posing for and snapping photos, preserving memories of these shops before they eventually make way for new concepts.

11870883_716164818488690_4693035896347273736_n.jpg

He Ting Ru

Throwback to January, selling the Hammer with fellow WP members around the Katong area. Seems like a lifetime ago!

Massively craving egg tarts and kaya toast from Chin Mee Chin now...

#tbt #sgfood — with Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠).

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]He Ting Ru[/h]Public Figure

Having just crossed the ‪#‎sg50‬ jubilee weekend, I thought a lot about the contributions of our older generation to build the home that we sometimes take for granted today.

One of them is also the proudest Singaporean I have ever known, our Grandmother. Ever since I could remember, every year as National Day approaches, she would start hunting through her belongings for the Singapore flag to hang proudly outside her home.

She would also inspect the homes of her children and start nagging those who were late in displaying the flag.

It was also a ritual for her to watch every minute of the NDP, and to excitedly call for the rest of us to join her. She never missed a year, even though her eyesight and hearing started to fail as she entered her 90s.

She may not have been a towering historical figure, but she worked day and night unrelentingly to secure the future for her family, and for that, I am deeply grateful.

Happy National Day, Popo, look how far we've come.

婆婆,国庆日快乐!
‪#‎sgmemory‬

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

8 hrs · Edited ·

Shaneet is extremely hardworking when it comes to house visits. He has joined me in numerous house visits all over Singapore. Two things will happen whenever he's with us. Someone will remark, "为什么你会讲华语? (how is it that you can speak Chinese?)" This is after he introduces the Party effortlessly in Mandarin to chinese-speaking residents.

The second will be "Wah! 他是谁? 这么帅!(Who is he? So handsome!)".
Go charm 'em Shaneet! :smile:

People of WP – Shaneet Rai

People People of WP – Shaneet Rai Pam Chae August 14, 2015 No Comments Why did you decide to join the Workers’ Party as a young member? We cannot put all our eggs in one basket because that wouldn’t bode too well for Singapore. I...
wpyouth.sg

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Daniel Goh 吴佩松[/h]Public Figure

This is the season of political oysters! So what does Sylvia really mean when she says "The taste of Fengshan - heavenly! ‪#‎reasonstowin‬"?

Does it mean that she is going to move out of Aljunied GRC to stand in Fengshan SMC as mainstream and non-mainstream media speculated themselves into a frenzy?

Or does it mean she wants to eat up Fengshan SMC like some voracious town council empire builder, as the good DPM interprets with amazing leaps of symbolic logic (http://bit.Iy/1WoCxWw)?

It is human nature to read too much into things. The reality is this, step by step, no speculation, no conspiracy, no symbolic depth, only the sliding of events on the surface of greasy table-tops and oysters:

Sylvia met up with a group of us for dinner at Fengshan market. The group, in party blue tee-shirts, was doing outreach in the area and was breaking for dinner.

Fengshan market, as those who are "as heartland as heartland goes" would know, is famous for a lot of good hawker fare. Sylvia came to join us for camaraderie and to try the famous bak chor mee, and also to get help to start her Instagram account.

I was joining the group cabbing from NUS after a long afternoon of staff meetings. I called one member of the group to help me order a plate of orh lua because I was running late. She bought a bigger portion so that she and Sylvia can try some.

When I arrived, the orh lua was 1/3 gone. Sylvia was very satisfied with it. The talk at the table was her new Instagram account and how she thought the food at Fengshan market was one of the many reasons to win -- truly a local gem of Singaporean heritage!
We said our goodbyes when the time came for us to continue our outreach, our morale buoyed by the party Chairman joining us for dinner and laughs. Mothership picked up on the new Instagram account and soon the oysters shot to political fame!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
603705_493475380720241_1512900135_n.jpg

[h=2]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]A not so typical morning. A typical visit to markets and houses in the weekend mornings followed by shooting some arrows again, after a few weeks' break. The archery team leader is away and had asked us, his deputies to help to open and close the facilities. Might as well shoot for an hour or so before going back to house visits again smile emoticon

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shaneet Rai

Public Figure

Volunteer Form
Please enter your particulars and indicate in this form if you would like to volunteer with us for the General Elections.

docs.google.com

People of WP – Shaneet Rai
People People of WP – Shaneet Rai Pam Chae August 14, 2015 No Comments Why did you decide to join the Workers’ Party as a young member? We cannot put all our eggs in one basket because that wouldn’t bode too well for Singapore. I...
wpyouth.sg