• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
When news broke that Ah Lian will continue to stay in Aljunied GRC I completely no respect for WP.
I believe many hardcore supporters either in Aljunied GRC or others would like Ah lian to lead a team either in East coast or M parade GRC but she has no ball to fight against Wooden.
Aljunied GRC WP supporters will spoil their votes here.
hope other opposition parties to challenge WP to stop WP from winning.

Lian does not have the capability... think what, she scholar, ah? Before this fat $16K salary, she only insurance agent.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11882354_717308075041031_5725879348416786943_o.jpg

11879005_717308375041001_9060821845806120761_o.jpg

SYLVIA LIM: ALL WP MPS WILL STAY ON TO DEFEND ALJUNIED GRC
www.allsingaporestuff.com | An online community with Real Singapore News
www.allsingaporestuff.com

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

[h=2]States Times Review[/h]Media/News/Publishing

In a media interview during a walkabout at Nee Soon GRC today (August 16), Workers' Party Sylvia Lim confirmed that the incumbent team will remain to serve in Aljunied GRC and contest in the coming election.

Responding to media enquiries regarding Deputy Prime Minister's angry tirade against her instagram photo, Sylvia Lim said:
"The Deputy Prime Minister should develop a sense of humour. People are interested in national issues, not just town council matters."

The Workers' Party chief, MP Low Thia Kiang, appears not bothered by DPM Teo's insult saying the former was "shedding crocodile tears" when he said he was disappointed with the Transport Minister's sudden resignation:

"We will let Singaporeans decide."

Unlike other GRCs, Aljunied GRC do not have an anchor minister from the PAP government to contest.

Workers' Party incumbent MP for Punggol East, Lee Lilian, also confirmed that she will continue to serve Punggol East SMC and contest in the coming general election. Opposition stronghold Hougang SMC, will also continue to see its incumbent WP MP Png Eng Huat contesting in the GE.

Also announced today, the PAP lineup for West Coast GRC is confirmed to be Lim Hng Kiag, Foo Mee Har, S Iswaran and new face Patrick Tay. Their opponent will be Reform Party. Incumbent PAP MP for Pioneer SMC Cedric Foo also confirmed he is going for the next term in the same ward, which will be contested by National Solidarity Party. Newly-carved out GRC, Jalan Besar, will see four heavyweight MPs who have served more than 3 terms: Lily Neo, Information and Communications Minister Yacob Ibrahim, Denise Phua and Minister of State Heng Chee How. Jalan Besar GRC will face the Workers' Party in the coming election.

http://statestimesreview.com/…/workers-party-sylvia-lim-co…/

Workers' Party Sylvia Lim confirms the same team will serve Aljunied GRC

In a media interview during a walkabout at Nee Soon GRC today (August 16), Workers' Party Sylvia Lim confirmed that the incumbent team will remain to serve...
statestimesreview.com

Ah lian,
WP MPs only want to enjoy collecting 16k no moral to fight MP grc.
I expect you to lead a team to kick wooden out but now my MP grc vote go into basket.
You have indeed disappointed many opposition hardcore supporters.
Spoil your WP votes

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h]Political Party

Thank you for the warm welcome at Nee Soon GRC this morning. We will be back!

11870762_1159494170733831_6839154895310243923_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wong Hong Teng Looking back, before GE2011, oppositions is in a bad shape where they have won only 2 seats since GE1997. But PAP start to get out-of-touch, arrogant and they implement 7% GST while they give themselves pay raise withing the next 6 months. Then, with saga such as Orchard road flooding, yog budget tripled, Mas Selamat escaped which embarassed the Singapore government, the PM Lee start to get worry and apologised for the mistake they had make. Despite that, this is the
time where WP start to make a breakthrough by increasing its votes in Hougang and won Aljunied GRC for the first time.

Things start to change especially from the WP and the opposition when the WP has won the first Aljunied GRC and 10% increase fo votes from GE2006 which is a huge shock and a tight Aljunied slap to the PAP. This would be the first big voctory for the WP.

Although the PAP has lost ALjunied GRC, the PAP indeed try to cut down their unpopular polices by reducing minister pay, reducing the increase of foregin in Singapore, but in the end PAP still does not learn its lesson and continue to its arrogant ways and out of touch statement from the minister. Hougang BE would be the by election.

In 2012, Yaw Shin Leong from the WP was caught with extramarital affairs after he was exposed by alternative media before the
mainstream media know it. Obviously, mainstream media start to launch attack against WP, hunting down YSL for information and trying

to portray the WP as bad as possible. Actually WP got a setback during this time. And ended up after serveral weeks, YSL was sacked by the

WP after he refused to comment about his affairs. During this time, some of the PAP minister start to launch attack against WP and saying about how WP MP was selected and using the saga to attack the WP with huge roar. Despite that, the WP apologised to the residnets of Hougang, asking PM Lee for a by election knowing their Hougang seats might be in danger of losing. During that time, mianstream media joined in and start to portray WP as bad as possible with serveral praise to the PAP.

And during election time, WP was caught with more saga when one of the ex WP MP start to collect nomination paper and "mole" revealing about the NCMP saga for Png Eng Huat and slamming him for integrity issues. Despite all the setbacks, LTK explained in his rally and rebuted all the untrue statements, explained the situation. Obviosuly that time was the worst when one of the PAP minister start to question about Png Eng Huat and mainstream media biased report with front page news to smear WP to make WP looks very bad. Despite the explanation, the attack and half truth was not stopped against the WP. Despite the huge obstacles during Hougang BE, WP MP walk the ground and did all of their best they can. In the end, the WP only lost 2% of his votes compared to GE2011 and won comfortably against PAP Desmond Choo. This is the second victory WP has achieved.By then , LTK was so angry that time that he slammed the mainstream media

for their biased report and attack against them. After the BE2012 and the Hougang big slapped, Singaporean were surprised that Hougang was still comfortably retained by the WP despite their setback and PAP smearing attack against them.

In Dec 2012, PAP MP Michael Plamer was caught with his pants down when he was also caught with extramarital affairs. Obviously this is also a shock the PAP and Micheal Plamer resigned with his eats vacant. Obviously, mainstream media start to portray the PAP with positive news and trying to compare YSL saga. By this time, after the humiliation

Hougang BE2012 defeat, the PAP toned down its attack against WP and getting to introduced Koh Poh Koon as a new candidate for the WP BE2013. As usual, the PAP although toned down its smear attack against WP, they give praise to their new candidates who only appeared 1 week before nomination day while Lee Li Lian has been working hard for the ground since GE2011.

Many would have expected closed fight and with 4 corner fights. Despite anpther obstacles for the WP, the WP won comfartably and increase its past GE2011 by 13%. The WP get the third handsomely victory against the PAP. The differnece of the result shocked the PAP and even the WP that they get more votes than they predicted. By then, Wp has go from most popular oppositon party because WP has always take care of the residnets, walking the ground for the past 5 years.

With GE2015 around the corner, the PAP start to go back to its old ways by accusing the WP about TC funds with misapporiate funds and making WP to look bad again. Despite all the accusation from the PAP, I am still waiting for any PAP ministers to get concrete evidence to report tot he authorities as soon as possible since election is coming. But so far, no one was reported despite all the noise by them. For me, I would strongly support the WP since they had become stronger and unless the PAP could get enough evidence to report all of the WP Mp to the authorities, all of my whole family and friends would still suppoprt the WP. I hope WP could make anyother breakthrough in the next GE. East Coast GRC shall be the next victory i hoped.

https://www.facebook.com/workersparty?fref=ts

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The media swarmed around Sylvia and Low in Nee Soon GRC on Sunday morning, even as PAP's Lee Bee Wah and new candidate Louis Ng made their rounds in the same area.

Vidhya Nair shares what she observed which the news may not have reported.

"Louis Ng looks nervous. His beige pants seem mismatched with his white shirt, he seemed to have put it together hurriedly..."

"Just after 10am, Sylvia Lim swept into this space and within seconds, everyone swarmed around her. WP’s media liaison had to

step forward asking everyone to take two steps back to give Sylvia some breathing space."

Sunday with WP in Nee Soon – things we observed

Photo: Andrew Loh

By Vidhya Nair

It was a usual Sunday morning, but this time I was spending it in Nee Soon. A place I had seen evolve over the decades from the stories my dad used to tell when he grew up here and when I was growing up, as the flats increased and the amenities mushroomed. I made my way to Chong Pang Food Centre, located next to the Sree Narayana Mission.

It was just past 9.30am, the place was already buzzing with shoppers and residents tucking into morning delights like economy bee hoon, nasi lemak and wanton mee. The mood is relaxed and it’s a charming place, old-school even with long-time residents enjoying and chatting away their Sunday morning at leisure.

As I look around, I spot several figures in white, hovering over seated residents engrossed in their food, attempting a nod and a handshake. It turns out to be PAP candidate, Ms Lee Bee Wah, followed closely by Mr Louis Ng trailing close behind. The former is the resident MP here and in the distance, you see posters everywhere with K Shanmugam, the Minister for this ward, his image looming large over this public space. It appears that Ms Lee is attempting to shake as many hands as possible while she tries to introduce the new upcoming candidate. She moves through the hawker centre swiftly, stopping sparingly for eye contact and a greeting. They are surrounded by a bevy of white-clad grassroots workers.

Louis Ng looks nervous. His beige pants seem mismatched with his white shirt, he seemed to have put it together hurriedly and he was shaking hands with residents with trepidation. I don’t think people knew who he was. Just a young man.

A few steps ahead, I noticed a shaded open space and there was a line of men gathered in a single line facing the people eating at the hawker centre. They were flashing a large stack in their arms, it was the Hammer newsletter and they were dressed in blue T-shirts with Worker’s Party (WP) logos.

As I approached, I realised that a large number of a WP volunteer contingent has gathered and I noticed several cameramen were setting up their equipment. A press-briefing was imminent.

Just after 10am, Sylvia Lim swept into this space and within seconds, everyone swarmed around her. WP’s media liaison had to step forward asking everyone to take two steps back to give Sylvia some breathing space. There was certainly some excitement in the air as many onlookers started to take photos. It turned out that there was a fairly substantial media presence. I managed to get a spot very close to her and turned on my Iphone video and started recording.

In almost 8 minutes, Sylvia handled a barrage of questions; confirming that her party was planning to defend all their current MP seats without changing any candidate and would announce which new candidates would stand in other GRCs and SMCs in due course, according to their own timeline.

After the barrage of inquiries, the media started to disperse and began filing their reports and uploading on social media. It was interesting to watch Sylvia and her fellow teammates go back to speaking to residents, giving them the Hammer and warmly thanking them when they dropped coins into their donation boxes. Some children gamely went up to Sylvia to be carried in her arms as she began to speak to their parents. It all seemed rather ordinary and you had a sense that her contact with this area seemed to be commonplace and they were recognising each other like old neighbours, even friends.

Minutes later, there was a louder burst of sound as certain elderly men cheered and clapped. Turning around, you see the leader of WP, Mr Low Thia Khiang, enters the square. The media clamour fervently towards him. He is surrounded by an avalanche of microphones and recording devices, and cameras start recording. There is hardly any breathing space but he seems to be able to handle it. The questions come fast and furious, he rebutes certain comments put to him with calm confidence. It’s all of 5 minutes. He says it’s over. Soundbites captured, the media again disperses.

Many sitting at the coffee shops stand up to shake his hand as he approaches them with a big smile and his hand out. There is a friendly camaraderie. Some stop to whisper in his ear, he gives short answers and moves on. There is much to cover, and many residents to approach.

There is chatter in the air as the blue-clad move around the square. Eyes darting, people discussing in small groups. The Sunday morning sighting is over. The anticipation of what is to come is clear. Everyone knows it will start to get busy soon and we will all be hearing a lot more and there will be much to discuss, ponder over. Decisions will need to be made. Similar activities are going on around the island. Citizens and their votes are being wooed. It’s time to get serious now.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/08/71296/

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]All WP MPs to defend their constituencies: Sylvia Lim[/h] [h=2]The Workers' Party's Aljunied GRC team and Hougang SMC MP Png Eng Huat are staying put in their constituencies to defend them says chairman Sylvia Lim.[/h]

ltk-sylvia.jpg

SINGAPORE: The chairman of the Opposition Workers’ Party (WP) Sylvia Lim on Sunday (Aug 16) announced that its Aljunied GRC team will remain intact to contest the coming General Election (GE).

The Workers' Party's MP for Hougang SMC Png Eng Huat and Punggol East SMC MP Lee Li Lian will also defend their seats, the party announced during a WP “Hammer outreach” event at Chong Pang Market and Food Centre on Sunday (Aug 16).

"While all the MPs will be assisting all the candidates in the areas that we've announced, the Aljunied GRC team will remain intact to contest the coming GE," Ms Lim told reporters.

The Aljunied GRC MPs are: Ms Lim, WP secretary-general Low Thia Khiang, Mr Chen Show Mao, Mr Muhamad Faisal Manap and Mr Pritam Singh. They defeated the People's Action Party team with 54.72 per cent of the vote in the 2011 General Election.

"Our experience has been fulfilling but challenging. We've been inspired by the residents' support and it will be meaningful for us to remain as a team to seek their mandate for the next term," said Ms Lim. "We know the residents have stuck by us.

"Singaporeans have already shown a desire for elected Opposition and we must continue to give Singapore credible choices," she added.

Ms Lim also responded to criticism from the ruling People's Action Party on the WP's management of its Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC).

"I think we'll leave our residents and the public to judge on the town council front, whether we have short-changed our residents - be it in estate cleanliness, maintenance, lift breakdowns and so on," said Ms Lim, who is the chairman of AHPETC.

She noted that there had been some recent statements which asked about the towjn council's financial position. In response to this, Mr Png, the town council's vice-chairman, said AHPETC is working to close its accounts by the end of this month.

"So any discussion regarding AHPETC financials will be meaningful after we file our auditors' report," he added.

chong-pang-market-workers-data.jpg

New faces were also spotted among familiar ones, including trainee lawyer Shaneet Rai and Kenneth Foo who works for the Singapore Cancer Society.

Ms Lim said the WP will announce its candidates when they are ready. "We will announce candidates on our timeline we will not look at other parties," she added.

Mr Png will go up against the People's Action Party's (PAP) Lee Hong Chuang to contest Hougang SMC. PAP has yet to announce its Punggol East SMC candidate, however there is speculation that it is likely to be Joo Chiat MP Charles Chong after the SMC was absorbed into Marine Parade GRC.

- CNA/ly