• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swiss standard

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
The world has changed and there is nothing the PAP or any other political party can do about it. Based on current trends, my pick is that SG will not last 100 years simply doing what it did in the previous few decades. The world is now increasingly borderless for those with skills or money. If you are an average Joe, you should start quickly planning for alternatives. Life in SG is not going to get easier, same as in other countries but other countries have many resources that SG is unable to offer. In contrast, whatever SG has to offer are easily available elsewhere. If you are in SG for any reason other than quickly making your pot of gold, I am afraid you are not looking out for your own best interests.

SG was able to succeed because the 20th century was marked by wars and instability in many major countries. You can hope for the best but you should always prepare for the worst.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Wooden Goh knows. Ask him.

He says it has already been surpassed and on a per capita GDP basis, I agree with him.

However, if you talk about social graces, Singapore has gone backwards but so too has Switzerland perhaps not to the same extent.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately, the 60.1% don't agree with you. Kudos to you for staying behind and "fight". Like I've said before, for me life is too short. I want to do things that I want now. I want my kids to grow up in an environment that is better. And when I said environment I don't just mean the physical things you can see. I don't see this happening in Singapore anytime soon or in my life.....

I think that many of the 60.1% are ready for some change. Or rather they are being forced to decide on survival vs being made redundant by the hordes of foreigners.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Goh Chok Tong is not stopping u neither is Lee Hsien Loong ...
ah woodrow oredi called u names - quitta ... ah loon wud b happy 2 c ur back if u r past 40 as there is no mor jus 2 squiz from u ...

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck opposition supporting retards knows SG is the best country they will ever get to stay in. The reason why they are complaining is simply because they are losers in life and want free handouts and everything given to them without putting in any effort

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sidetrack a bit..I was a neutral party like u until few yrs ago I started to be anti-pap when my job was taken by FTs. I managed to get a job quick enough but at a 40% depressed rate else the employer will write me off with a FT. Whereas some of my cohorts ended up as taxi drivers. I am not asking for Swiss std of living, just a normal living similar to the mid 80s to late 90s. I worked hard to pay off my home. However the balance of my cpf is being leegally robbed by the gov. At a point in my life, I lost my job during a retrenchment exercise. As I just joined the co. not long enough I did not get any compensation. During the period of unemployment, I went to attend a WDA training briefing. I was told that the course fee is heavily subsidized by gov., yet the payable cash amount was upto $3k, and cpf cannot be used for this training. Tell me, when someone already lost their job, you still expect them to cough up $3k for that ? I went to speak to my MP, and was told that they will consider on that in future, to allow pple like me to utilize cpf for ther studies.
To course and swear at the MP will get me into jail as I mentioned to u before. To move out of this country, I have to consider about my family, friends and many more factors especially on the financial portion. Hence I am stuck in this deterioting cuntry. All I can do is to wait for the next round of election.Hence once a while I will just come here to kpkb a bit to relieve some stress.

Then allow me to share my experience with you as well...

After my R.O.D, I was trying to look for a job for myself. When i flipped the ST job page, all the requirements are Degree holders or at the least a Diploma. I still remember when i first got my job, my basic pay was only SGD$1,200 working as a channel sales executive selling pagers services. My highest salary that i managed to get working about 2-3years after my NS was only a mere SGD$2,200 becoz i dun hold a degree....

One day while i was on my way to work I told myself, if i'm going to get this kind of miserable salary, I can't even afford to get myself a wife to start up a family. With this thought, I decided to venture to HK. Maybe you would think that I come from a rich background but nothing to be ashamed of, I'm not. I borrowed money back then n ventured to HK n China till today....

For the past 10 years when i resided in HK, China n Taiwan, I even spent nearly 2 years in Milan. When i left SG, I hate the govt to the core coz it leaves no room for those who do not have a good paper qualification like myself but after spending so many years in overseas. Those things that i see n when i turned my head back n have a look at my own country, I learn to appreciate what LKY n co have done in the past despite the mistakes they made....

I could have allow my kid to study in a international school over here but after a lengthy discussion with my wife and an email from Beijing embassy, I brought my kid back to SG for education.

Becoz of this, I also bought a HDB flat n all my CPF is being wept out after the purchased although my CPF is only a mere SGD$35k, the remaining i've to pay by cash. When my HK friend visited my flat, he say SG govt is like giving you a gift for the price I'm paying coz i got the highest floor with a good view towards town area.

I'm not claiming that whatever PAP does are all positives but sometimes we have to depend on ourselves too... When i left SG, did the govt helped me??? NO... Did the govt provide me with any aid??? NO...

Lastly, I can tell you that my wife n kid is in SG too and most of my time is in overseas working. It's true that when moving out, considerations have to be made but if your rice bowl is located outside of SG, are you going to tell me that becoz of frienz, this n that which is why you are not moving??? To me is a mere excuse...

Allow me to quote you, when i first started to venture into China Wuhan back in 2002. I knew nobody. No one was willing to locate to Wuhan back then in 2002 coz is not as good as now. I came to Wuhan alone, I survive till today. Now I have my group of friends in Wuhan be it my soccer buddies, biz associate n Singaporeans that are in Wuhan.

I'm delighted that I've moved on n although I'm not super rich but at least i can even afford to walk into a AP boutique myself today

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
HK14K, you have exposed your ignorance. A classic twit.

If you're intelligent with brains n can think sensibly, I dun think you would be just hiding behind a computer to curse n swear everyday!!! You're indeed a CLASSIC PIECE OF WORK FROM YOUR PARENTS

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed everyone got a choice....just like when they cast the ballot paper every GE.
But I never agree with the retort 'not happy then leave'.
Why should born and breed sinkies leave? Vile pappies running this country to the ground should leave instead.

If you're not leaving, staying back n fight, then do something.... Actions prove a thousand words, rather than just hiding behind a PC to curse n swear at the govt!!! Such is a coward act

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Human race....that's very profound. If only more share your views then we can all be like Lennon singing without religion color or creed. Without the need to battle the vile pappies.

I'm only rebutting those who call for unhappy sinkies to leave that why not pappies leave instead.
Every sinkie has a right to stay....from either camps....stay and fight.
Pappies would love for every anti pap sinkie to leave....those who are still here...dun give them the prize so easily.

Stay n fight is to have executed actions n not by hiding behind a PC to curse n swear at the govt daily!!!

Ask yourself what have you contribute to the nation first before you keep blaming the govt. Those who only know how to blame others but not themselves are nothing but losers!!!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
History will be re-written to correct the propaganda put out by the PAP for decades. They didn't make the country, you give them too much credit.

Like what you mentioned, many are afraid to venture out. Becoz they are afraid, they blamed the govt??? Moving or venturing out doesn't mean you have to migrate.

If PAP was not the one who turn the nation around, then who??? Low Thia Kiang or Workers Party or Chiam See Tong???

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Like what you mentioned, many are afraid to venture out. Becoz they are afraid, they blamed the govt??? Moving or venturing out doesn't mean you have to migrate.

It's human nature to try to lay the blame for failure on someone else while taking credit for any successes. However, Singaporeans seem to take this trait to a new level by blaming just about EVERYTHING that goes wrong on the PAP.

Low IQ? PAP fault for creating a poor education system.

Wife left them? PAP's fault for allowing Tua Kee Ang Moh into the country.

Husband walks out? PAP's fault for allowing PRC whores to work in SG.

Can't shit? PAP's fault too.. blame it on the new water.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Youre a real fooktard.

Action = vote. Now its up to us to convince the other 60.1% fooktards.
May you burn in hell.

If you understand so well about politics n if you're not a fool, please understand how the GE in SG works n the Elections Dept is under who's portfolio....

Action = Vote??? I've heard many Singaporeans claiming to vote PAP out since the 80s but more than 20 years now the PAP are still in power. So what actions are you talking about??? How many more 20 years do you need to be a fool???

Actually the way "tonychat" this johorian what he post i dun quite like but i agree with him on one thing even i'm a Singaporean myself... Those who so-called give themselves excuses like staying back to fight are balless

NOTE TO TONYCHAT : Not all Singaporeans are balless... Only those that TALK BUT NO ACTIONS you can call them balless or coward.... I dun see Malaysia is a nation full of heros either!!! If you think all Singaporeans are balless, you can come to HK n look for me n see who's balless cause I'm a Singaporean too

Last edited: