• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

stay condo vs house

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is gated and guarded good? Won't it be the same as condo security wise?
The problem with condo is that of the maintenance is lousy then no matter how nice your house is, it doesn't really matter. I feel that this is more prevalent in Malaysia.

Landed at least give you more control

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with condo is that of the maintenance is lousy then no matter how nice your house is, it doesn't really matter. I feel that this is more prevalent in Malaysia.

I think guarded and gated is always better than not guarded and not gated....all things being equal. As for maintenance issue....just need to cross fingers and hope for best.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not much control if you buy strata titled landed property like eco summer and spring. The houses there have very bad floor design layout. Very bad feng shui design. However, you cannot do anything about it. No control at all.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not much control if you buy strata titled landed property like eco summer and spring. The houses there have very bad floor design layout. Very bad feng shui design. However, you cannot do anything about it. No control at all.

Dun bash Eco projects again la. Not everyone believe in fengshui .

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun bash Eco projects again la. Not everyone believe in fengshui .

Not really bash la.... you ask yourself, can you accept house that all toilets without windows? This is really bad. Worst is they charge crazy maintenance fee. Eco summer charge around rm400 a month but without facilities like swimming pool and gym.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really bash la.... you ask yourself, can you accept house that all toilets without windows? This is really bad. Worst is they charge crazy maintenance fee. Eco summer charge around rm400 a month but without facilities like swimming pool and gym.

actually some shopping malls toilet also dun have windows still ok as long as ventilation systems working well.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually some shopping malls toilet also dun have windows still ok as long as ventilation systems working well.

Cannot compare apple and orange. We are talking about toilets in our own home..... not one but all toilets have this problem. Usually ventilation system won't able to get rid of the sewer odors fast compare to having windows to enable better air circulation.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow. Even my pigeon hm toilet also have outlets for wind/air to masuk. Hw can i bath n do pte business without windows..

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. What I meant was that the external environment will be dependant on the maintenance of the management committee.
Unlike Singapore, culture of paying conservancy in Johor is not that strong..
The amount of emphasis on upkeep of the grounds will be weak if the residents are reluctant to pay for it.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful of the domestic helper part, many house owners robbed blind by them or their boyfriends, just friendly advice.

Ya similar horror stories heard from my friends in Singapore as well. Sense of security awareness is mandatory when you invite stranger to stay. Points taken. Thanks dude

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. Even my pigeon hm toilet also have outlets for wind/air to masuk. Hw can i bath n do pte business without windows..

Just look at the Eco Summer example Milton type. So terrible.....cannot imagine the smell all over the dining hall...... how to eat??

borei

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi relaxman,

are you sure Eco summer charge around rm400 a month for maintenance?

I believe you already know the pros and cons about strata landed, so let's skip this topic here.

About the toilet, its actually all about ventilation. If the toilet with ventilation equip installed, it will definately to provide air circulation.

Even toilet with window, you still need one and it will suck all the bad air out from the toilet lots faster. Or, when the wind blow in the wrong direction, all bad smelly fresh air is an great negative impact too.

In Taiwan, there is many high-end condo also has no window for toilet but with ventilation fan installed. You know why? during the typhoon time and winter time you just can't open the window at all. so there is a reason for doing so.

It just in MY & SG is not too common (but available on commercial shopping malls and 5-star hotels too, but you just ignore it and said those are different), but doesn't means will not have one. Oh yes, depend on how powerful of those fans too, of coz. my 2 cents.

Besides, I am a Summer buyer too.

Let's dont off topic here, any other projects related topic, please go to respective thread instead.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi relaxman,

are you sure Eco summer charge around rm400 a month for maintenance?

I believe you already know the pros and cons about strata landed, so let's skip this topic here.

About the toilet, its actually all about ventilation. If the toilet with ventilation equip installed, it will definately to provide air circulation.

Even toilet with window, you still need one and it will suck all the bad air out from the toilet lots faster. Or, when the wind blow in the wrong direction, all bad smelly fresh air is an great negative impact too.

In Taiwan, there is many high-end condo also has no window for toilet but with ventilation fan installed. You know why? during the typhoon time and winter time you just can't open the window at all. so there is a reason for doing so.

It just in MY & SG is not too common (but available on commercial shopping malls and 5-star hotels too, but you just ignore it and said those are different), but doesn't means will not have one. Oh yes, depend on how powerful of those fans too, of coz. my 2 cents.

Besides, I am a Summer buyer too.

Let's dont off topic here, any other projects related topic, please go to respective thread instead.

Hi borei,
Until now, you didn' t know how much EcoWorld will charge you on the maintenance fee? That is risky. The salesman keep increasing the rate each time you ask them. At the beginning, they said is 100 plus, than 200 plus, than 300 plus, now is around 400 plus minus. Very unethical. How can they charge so high but without any facilities provided to the residents? Anyway, for you as a eco summer buyer, i think as long as you don't buy the Milton Type, it is still acceptable if you don't mind the weird toilet design.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true that after 3 to 5 years, the maintenance of condos will be so bad that it will lose much of its value?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true that after 3 to 5 years, the maintenance of condos will be so bad that it will lose much of its value?

I dont think so. However, landed property that charges exorbitant maintenance fee will be a problem. Not easy to rent out because condo is forever consider safer compare to landed unit.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Long time no see, everyone.

I like both landed and nice condos. From my own assessment on safety of landed VS condos(both being G&G), my view is;
Probability of house breaking - Lower for condos
Probability of getting robbed while getting in and out of car and walking to your home - Lower for landed

Yes, even though Gated and Guarded, criminals can easily get inside our compound whether by climbing or through guardhouse.