• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

stay condo vs house

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the Malaysians here:

It's refreshing to hear that all of you so far have expressed interest to live in a condo than a big landed house.

Is this typical of most Malaysians or are you all only a selected few who are in a better financial position?

I have always been told that Malaysians generally prefer to live in a house than a condo.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the Malaysians here:

It's refreshing to hear that all of you so far have expressed interest to live in a condo than a big landed house.

Is this typical of most Malaysians or are you all only a selected few who are in a better financial position?

I have always been told that Malaysians generally prefer to live in a house than a condo.

Local Malaysians prefer to live in landed houses, because it is cheaper, no monthly maintenance and can have many people under one roof.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the Malaysians here:

Look at success of IKEA.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the Malaysians here:

I think we are minority but everyone has their preference, who knows. I don't think there enough of us to fill the excess supply but more than enough to fill the "choice" developments :p

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is mainly personal preference. Only those who had stayed in high rise and landed for a long period will know what he actually likes. For me, landed in tropical region is just too hot and humid in the afternoon and too many mosquitoes and bugs in the evening. unless your house is on a hill and facing north towards a lake. I saw this configuration in sunway Iskandar but it is just too expensive la (RM2.6 m for a semi D, and 129 years). For a limited budget, I will move up to high rise and enjoy the no bugs, low humidity, windy and broad open view.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is mainly personal preference. Only those who had stayed in high rise and landed for a long period will know what he actually likes. For me, landed in tropical region is just too hot and humid in the afternoon and too many mosquitoes and bugs in the evening. unless your house is on a hill and facing north towards a lake. I saw this configuration in sunway Iskandar but it is just too expensive la (RM2.6 m for a semi D, and 129 years). For a limited budget, I will move up to high rise and enjoy the no bugs, low humidity, windy and broad open view.

I wonder if there is such a project whereby it is landed living concept but in a condo environment? To my mind, a double storey penthouse in a condo maybe come closest to like having a semi-D. But no garden space, and no car just outside your door.:p

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if there is such a project whereby it is landed living concept but in a condo environment? To my mind, a double storey penthouse in a condo maybe come closest to like having a semi-D. But no garden space, and no car just outside your door.:p

My place at Austin Heights is like landed within a condo environment as there is a clubhouse with swimming pool and gym and function room...best it is pay per use so do not have to pay hefty monthly maintenance like condo...and there is free basketball court and football field too..:smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My place at Austin Heights is like landed within a condo environment as there is a clubhouse with swimming pool and gym and function room...best it is pay per use so do not have to pay hefty monthly maintenance like condo...and there is free basketball court and football field too..:smile:

Landed with clubhouse is nice...but are priced beyond my means....probably cost around RM2 million....

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed with clubhouse is nice...but are priced beyond my means....probably cost around RM2 million....

I bought mine for rm950k only...I believe there are still owners selling below rm1mil as I last checked with propertyguru...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought mine for rm950k only...I believe there are still owners selling below rm1mil as I last checked with propertyguru...

Serious...when you bought? But then again....my budget in 2013 was to hover close to RM500K. Not even sure if bank loan can go through with single income for property of lower price, not to mention near RM1 million. I got poor dad.:o

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually EcoBotanic cluster selling only less than 1m for 1st phase. heard bumi release selling now at 1.2m. still way below 2m.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious...when you bought? But then again....my budget in 2013 was to hover close to RM500K. Not even sure if bank loan can go through with single income for property of lower price, not to mention near RM1 million. I got poor dad.:o

I bought in 2013 too..with a 100% equity loan against my Sg terrace so paid very minimal upfront as it is also rented out now...

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have bought the same development as frodo. Now also living in a terrace at built in day for the moving into Malaysia while working in Singapore feel. So far so good but just to share my experience so far.

Pros
1. Nice to have car right at door step
2. Great living experience for a poor Singapore kid who spend all his 30+ years in HDB
3. Lots of living space
4. Love to stand in the car porch in early morning and breathe in fresh air
5. Good size for my rottweiler to roam as he is one hyper breed

Cons
1. Security as any cases of break in around my area send me and my wife into panicky mode
2. Really busy with house chores as there are always endless of work to be completed
3. Irritating to run up and down the stairs when you keep forgetting things.
4. Nosey neighbours as just a low wall separating their peek into your life

Now I kinda of looking forward to my condo key collection as well although I also searching for a semi d with the thought of getting a domestic helper to solve the house chore part of the problem.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have bought the same development as frodo. Now also living in a terrace at built in day for the moving into Malaysia while working in Singapore feel. So far so good but just to share my experience so far.

Pros
2. Great living experience for a poor Singapore kid who spend all his 30+ years in HDB
3. Lots of living space

Cons
1. Security as any cases of break in around my area send me and my wife into panicky mode
2. Really busy with house chores as there are always endless of work to be completed

Now I kinda of looking forward to my condo key collection as well although I also searching for a semi d with the thought of getting a domestic helper to solve the house chore part of the problem.

Hello! Welcome to life in JB! I can pretty much agree with the points you have made. For me, forgetting things is probably early onset of dementia. We sometimes drove out of the compound only to return a couple of minutes later because we forgot something and guards must think we are crazy as sometimes we do that a couple of times...lol! And yes, climbing the stairs no joke so I hardly go above the second floor...hahahaha...

Anyway I am also looking forward to the condo being completed and quite exciting to see things being built above ground and rising floors whenever we drive past the construction site.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello! Welcome to life in JB! I can pretty much agree with the points you have made. For me, forgetting things is probably early onset of dementia. We sometimes drove out of the compound only to return a couple of minutes later because we forgot something and guards must think we are crazy as sometimes we do that a couple of times...lol! And yes, climbing the stairs no joke so I hardly go above the second floor...hahahaha...

Anyway I am also looking forward to the condo being completed and quite exciting to see things being built above ground and rising floors whenever we drive past the construction site.

Yup, drive along pasir gudang highway gives an overview top down view of the site. Think last week I saw level 4 of car park erected already. Expect them to work fast now.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, drive along pasir gudang highway gives an overview top down view of the site. Think last week I saw level 4 of car park erected already. Expect them to work fast now.

But still a pain to drive past that stretch because of the road works that seems to be taking forever...but when the extra lanes are opened it would be really nice.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pros
3. Lots of living space

Cons

Be careful of the domestic helper part, many house owners robbed blind by them or their boyfriends, just friendly advice.