• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sitting on the fence?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I think LKY did a great job during those difficult times. And now we are into the 21st century. What's next?

George Yeo? I think he's quite a nice guy. It's going to be a pity if he loses. But Aljunied is much more than just nice guys...

He had something then to prove to the Tengku and the Malaysians and Singapore benefited from. Do not forget one man do not a battle worn. Don't forget our departed leaders who did not taste $3 million salaries.

The Laucheebye reverted back to his Hakka traits the moment he had something to show them. And that success was on the back of a dishonored social contract with the people of Singapore. Generation old and new.

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, this election is not about LKY anymore.

Then again, we do not vote opposition just because we do not like LKY. It's all about Singapore.

Seems like many voters have already decided.. Any fence-sitters?

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Frankly, I think LKY did a great job during those difficult times. And now we are into the 21st century. What's next?

George Yeo? I think he's quite a nice guy. It's going to be a pity if he loses. But Aljunied is much more than just nice guys...

Agree with your comment on GY and the fact that Aljunied and S'pore is much more important than just having nice guys.
Let him retire and enjoy a quiet life with his family. I think he'll enjoy that.

Who to vote? I recommend opposition for 2 simple reasons (and won't even touch on their policies):
1. LKY is 88 years old, when this term ends he will be 93. Ask yourself this. Why is he still standing for election? Isn't the team he, the wooden one and his son put in place years ago supposed to be capable?
2. Did you watch the press conference given by LHL on nomination day? He nearly threw a tantrum at a brave reporter when all she asked was the reasons why Steve Tan withdrew. I was disgusted at his behaviour and generally at most of their behaviour.

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with your comment on GY and the fact that Aljunied and S'pore is much more important than just having nice guys.
Let him retire and enjoy a quiet life with his family. I think he'll enjoy that.

Who to vote? I recommend opposition for 2 simple reasons (and won't even touch on their policies):
1. LKY is 88 years old, when this term ends he will be 93. Ask yourself this. Why is he still standing for election? Isn't the team he, the wooden one and his son put in place years ago supposed to be capable?
2. Did you watch the press conference given by LHL on nomination day? He nearly threw a tantrum at a brave reporter when all she asked was the reasons why Steve Tan withdrew. I was disgusted at his behaviour and generally at most of their behaviour.

haha.. I didn't really watch too much political news. That's also part of the reason why I am suspecting whether I'm in a good mind to vote. Please pardon my ignorance.... anyway was watching the Royal Wedding on SCV TLC channel just now.

btw, not very familiar with this Steven Tan guy. Maybe some kind of a side-show as with all previous elections.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. When I choose you, how much are you wanting to be paid?
2. When I choose you, please sell your flat at a loss to set a good example?
3. When I choose you, are you going to be more considerate to the old people?
4. When I choose you, will you listen to my views?
5. When you get elected, will you become the same as them?
6. Where..... is..... the..... plan.....?

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
haha.. I didn't really watch too much political news. That's also part of the reason why I am suspecting whether I'm in a good mind to vote. Please pardon my ignorance.... anyway was watching the Royal Wedding on SCV TLC channel just now.

btw, not very familiar with this Steven Tan guy. Maybe some kind of a side-show as with all previous elections.

Do you mind saying which constituency you are in?

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. When I choose you, how much are you wanting to be paid?
2. When I choose you, please sell your flat at a loss to set a good example?
3. When I choose you, are you going to be more considerate to the old people?
4. When I choose you, will you listen to my views?
5. When you get elected, will you become the same as them?
6. Where..... is..... the..... plan.....?

Actually, I am really ignorant. Life goes on. Guess I'm gonna be flamed. But that's really the truth. That's why I'm trying to see if there are like-minded ignorant people like myself. If it's just one vote, why am I making things so difficult for myself? sigh......

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sound like Alicia Florick from "The Good Wife".
She told her boss who was wooing her "I understand the romance, but what's the plan?" :biggrin:

Off course I would want to weigh my options. Who doesn't know how to give empty promises? What I have yet to hear is a plan that is workable and acceptable by all classes of people.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bike Tyson, don't kid yourself. You say you are an average guy earning a slightly below average salary. That makes you a below average guy period. I would not expect a below average person to understand jackshit. Please turn on your gas stove, shut the windows, go back to watching your television and have a cigarette an hour later.

God bless:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Ok, this election is not about LKY anymore.

Then again, we do not vote opposition just because we do not like LKY. It's all about Singapore.

Seems like many voters have already decided.. Any fence-sitters?

Bro Bike_Tyson, I am not a fence sitter. My mind is made up, I will vote WP. As for you, read up more on this forum, talk to your friends and family. Then the choice will be very clear. Good luck!

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who doesn't know how to give empty promises?

Not all Opp parties are the same. You have those that are in for the long-haul [Party A], where this GE is an important wave for GE2016, GE2021, etc. and yet others [Party Z] which just want a win so as to upset the Proposition. Anti-PAP people which simply tell you to vote for any Opp regardless of which GRC/SMC you are in, decide for yourself if this is sense or senseless.

Party A that are in for the long-haul would try their best to fulfill their promises - after all they would want a bigger win come GE2016. Party A winners would also be fully aware of the fact that come GE2016, they will be up for assessment by the Proposition.

Which is which? Conduct some due diligence and you'll likely know who will belong to which group.

Most importantly, whether it's Opp Party A that is courting your votes or Opp Party Z.

Leadership-Walk-the-Talk.jpg

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bike Tyson, don't kid yourself. You say you are an average guy earning a slightly below average salary. That makes you a below average guy period. I would not expect a below average person to understand jackshit. Please turn on your gas stove, shut the windows, go back to watching your television and have a cigarette an hour later.

Do you really bother to type those words to reply to my thread?

ok, as you please, I shall not waste time with smart-alec wannabe like you.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Class Act!

Class act!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a fucking Sinkie (read my signature)

You are just happy with a average paying job? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Why not come suck my dog's cock for $500 each time?

Obviously you will only be squeezing your own balls when you get retrenched and enjoy the same fate like these sammyboy losers here.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ivebert, u suck ur dog's cock again.... no wonder lah...u have no COCK!