• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie's First Olympics Gold! Schooling Wins 100m Butterfly With 50.39s! Record Woah!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie's First Olympics Gold! Schooling Wins 100m Butterfly With 50.39s! Record W

Tony Tan, Holy Goh & Min Fu are going to fete Schoolings. How will they do it?

PAP government should double Olympic gold medal prize money to $2 million, taking into account inflation since that prize money was announced more than a decade ago.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie's First Olympics Gold! Schooling Wins 100m Butterfly With 50.39s! Record W

Michael phelps has 22 gold medals,he dont need no million dollars.

Phelps has millions of dollars in fronting brands that sponsor him. Many times more thank the million for each Gold he gets.

Schoolings should stay in US, get his green card, and collect millions in lending his name and image to top brands!

SG million may be conditional that he return to do his NS, thereafter reservist, while trapping all his cpf!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I will not ask my kids to study hard
Probably now train him to learn sport
train so hard 2 get 1 million? ... how many millions can u get? ... join ah loonz jingang can make mor, consistently, year after year ...

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Phelps has millions of dollars in fronting brands that sponsor him. Many times more thank the million for each Gold he gets.

Schoolings should stay in US, get his green card, and collect millions in lending his name and image to top brands!

SG million may be conditional that he return to do his NS, thereafter reservist, while trapping all his cpf!

Schoolings deserves two million at least. For 50 years, no gold medalist even after investing tens of millions in 'foreign talent'.
Actually, I think the PAP methodical approach to decide Schoolings reward. It should be pegged at the median networth of the 1 percent.

What is the likelihood of another gold medalist?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The whole cabinet should demonstrate their patriotism by giving up their salaries for the rest of the year and the bonus and donate it to Schoolings. Tony should do likewise.

Schoolings has made history book.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

$1 million is not small change. Evening after giving Phelps his cut, he will still have a good sum to invest.

I don't rule out this possibility when any sports can be fixed especially when $ is involved.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sadly looks like Singaporeans have no idea about Singaporean of Eurasian extract. Schooling's great grand mother was Audrey Valberg and Valbergs have been here for generations. E W Barker from the first cabinet is a Eurasian. We had a number of Eurasians who served as Perm Secs and all over the public service.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I am glad I sent my son to an elite school like what Schooling's parents did. I doubt Schooling could be the swimming champ he is if he attended a neighbourhood school like most sinkie kids do!

I hope in a couple of years time, Schooling would do the right thing and join PAP and stand for elections. He would easily win.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am glad I sent my son to an elite school like what Schooling's parents did. I doubt Schooling could be the swimming champ he is if he attended a neighbourhood school like most sinkie kids do! ...
but ur kids wun b olympic champions ...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

but ur kids wun b olympic champions ...

No they won't. They will be scholar generals.

The point is that Schooling wouldn't have been the huge success he is if he attended a neighbourhood school. As much as I support PAP, I don't agree with sickman Heng about "all schools are good schools" phrase. Till today, I know that most educators and parents, myself included, still mock sickman Heng behind his back for that infamous phrase. I happen to also be part of a parents grassroots support group for my kids' schools.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am glad I sent my son to an elite school like what Schooling's parents did. I doubt Schooling could be the swimming champ he is if he attended a neighbourhood school like most sinkie kids do!

I hope in a couple of years time, Schooling would do the right thing and join PAP and stand for elections. He would easily win.

Why are your kids in sinkapore then?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why are your kids in sinkapore then?

They are studying in elite schools in Singapore. If they win scholarships, then they will study abroad for free and come back to a iron ricebowl career that will fast-track them to the top quickly. Otherwise, I would simply have to raise my prices and make my clients pay more for my kids' education.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schooling mum is clearly thinking ahead,when schooling finally retires from the sports field when hes 29,he can come back to sg and become the minister of sports or he can open a tuition center for swimming.guaranteed he will be pulling in a million a year in school fees.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schooling mum is clearly thinking ahead,when schooling finally retires from the sports field when hes 29,he can come back to sg and become the minister of sports and

Schooling need not work another day of his life if he plays it well.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good job….beating Phelps is more impressive than a gold medal.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

Li Chong Wei runs a few Badminton training school in Malaysia . And also run a centre for people to play Badminton and organise competition or what.

Now he Datuk, one life no need worry.

I should not study so hard, go learn a sport and just focus on it.now too late Liao.
Sianz