• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All the ministers, MPs, PAP grass roots, govt bodies will now want to por Shanti

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember how these fair-weather politicians por Joseph Schooling when he won an Olympic gold medal?
But they stayed far away from him when he was caught for smoking cannabis.
And they conveniently forgot about him when he became a fat and slow swimmer.

Shanti Pereira clinches 100m silver medal at Asian Games​

photo2023-09-3022-13-29.jpg

photo2023-09-3022-10-19.jpg

photo2023-09-3022-13-30.jpg

photo2023-09-3022-13-28.jpg

This is the latest accomplishment for Shanti Pereira in what has been a stellar year for her. ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG
kimberly_kwek.png

Kimberly Kwek

Sep 30, 2023

HANGZHOU – Singapore sprinter Shanti Pereira claimed a silver medal in the women’s 100m at the Hangzhou Asian Games on Saturday to win the Republic’s first athletics medal at the competition since 1974.
The 27-year-old crossed the line at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium in 11.27sec, just 0.04sec behind the winner, China’s Ge Manqi. Bahrain’s Hajad Alkhaldi was third in 11.35sec.
Pereira, who had won the 100m and 200m events at the Asian Athletics Championships in July, had placed sixth in the heats with her time of 11.42sec.
China’s Ge, who was the 100m bronze medallist at July’s continental meet, had topped the heats in 11.17sec.
This is the latest accomplishment for Pereira in what has been a stellar year for her.
In addition to the two golds at the Asian Athletics Championships, she also bagged a historic sprint double in May’s SEA Games.
At August’s World Athletics Championships, she became the first Singaporean to reach the semi-finals after clocking 22.57 seconds in the 200m heats, and beating the Olympic qualifying mark.

Her silver on Saturday is the Republic’s 19th medal in athletics at the Asiad, with the last coming at the 1974 Games in Teheran, Iran, where Singapore won a gold, a silver and two bronzes.
Pereira will next take part in the women’s 200m, with the heats taking place on Sunday morning.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Remember how these fair-weather politicians por Joseph Schooling when he won an Olympic gold medal?
But they stayed far away from him when he was caught for smoking cannabis.
And they conveniently forgot about him when he became a fat and slow swimmer.

Shanti Pereira clinches 100m silver medal at Asian Games​

photo2023-09-3022-13-29.jpg

photo2023-09-3022-10-19.jpg

photo2023-09-3022-13-30.jpg

photo2023-09-3022-13-28.jpg

This is the latest accomplishment for Shanti Pereira in what has been a stellar year for her. ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG
kimberly_kwek.png

Kimberly Kwek

Sep 30, 2023

HANGZHOU – Singapore sprinter Shanti Pereira claimed a silver medal in the women’s 100m at the Hangzhou Asian Games on Saturday to win the Republic’s first athletics medal at the competition since 1974.
The 27-year-old crossed the line at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium in 11.27sec, just 0.04sec behind the winner, China’s Ge Manqi. Bahrain’s Hajad Alkhaldi was third in 11.35sec.
Pereira, who had won the 100m and 200m events at the Asian Athletics Championships in July, had placed sixth in the heats with her time of 11.42sec.
China’s Ge, who was the 100m bronze medallist at July’s continental meet, had topped the heats in 11.17sec.
This is the latest accomplishment for Pereira in what has been a stellar year for her.
In addition to the two golds at the Asian Athletics Championships, she also bagged a historic sprint double in May’s SEA Games.
At August’s World Athletics Championships, she became the first Singaporean to reach the semi-finals after clocking 22.57 seconds in the 200m heats, and beating the Olympic qualifying mark.

Her silver on Saturday is the Republic’s 19th medal in athletics at the Asiad, with the last coming at the 1974 Games in Teheran, Iran, where Singapore won a gold, a silver and two bronzes.
Pereira will next take part in the women’s 200m, with the heats taking place on Sunday morning.

I'll be taking selfies with Shanti soon.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
many athletes in Bridge, Go, Chess, Xiangqi are 40s to 50s.
some are very MILFs

unbelieveable that Street Fighter was an e-sports game and winners are late 30s and 40s.
hahaha played it during my NS days too.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Men had to serve national service.
Schooling made comments on balancing NS with sports. That probably stunted his swimming career.
in the latest population data, only 61% are citizens
of which, we can safely estimate that 50% or less are local-born.

assuming 1/2 are males, that means only 1/4 of our population served NS.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People actually watch Sinkie competitive sports? Do they get an erection or very wet when the Sinkie anthem is played at the podium?

Get a fucking life. :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses

In a political context, the phrase means to generate public approval, not by excellence in public service or public policy, but by diversion, distraction, or by satisfying the most immediate or base requirements of a populace

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The athletes who achieved a bit will always be used as political props, never forget what kind of country you live in.

Sinkieland is a mini-CCP China, 政治挂帅 always in sports.

Back in the day, the propaganda media bombarded the news cycle with these two:

pic9.jpg

Nothing new under the sun, if you recognize the ways of your enemy: the PAP regime.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shanti Pereira wins gold in 200m, Singapore’s first athletics title at Asian Games since 1974​

photo2023-10-0220-11-17.jpg

Shanti Pereira clocked 23.03 seconds to claim the gold. ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG
kimberly_kwek.png

Kimberly Kwek

Oct 2, 2023

HANGZHOU – Singapore sprinter Shanti Pereira ended Singapore’s 49-year wait for an athletics gold medal as she claimed the women’s 200m title on Monday.
Pereira, 27, clocked 23.03 seconds at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium, ahead of China’s Li Yuting (23.28sec) and defending champion Edidiong Ofonime Odiong (23.48sec).
The Bahraini’s compatriot Salwa Eid Naser was disqualified for a false start, adding to the tension of the night.
Speaking on television seconds after her race, Pereira said: “I was not really affected by the false start. It happens and we prepare for it... I was just focused on my execution from start to finish. When I saw I was ahead, I just ran for it.”
On the significance of the moment, she smiled and said: “I’ll probably be crying my eyes out later.”
This caps what has been a stunning season for the Singaporean, who on Saturday won the 100m silver.
Her gold on Monday is Singapore’s first in track and field at the quadrennial Games since Chee Swee Lee won the women’s 400m crown at the 1974 Teheran Games.

In addition to her Asiad medals, Pereira’s accolades in 2023 include golds in the 100m and 200m at the Cambodia SEA Games and Asian Athletics Championships.
At August’s World Athletics Championships, she also became the first Singaporean to reach the semi-finals after clocking 22.57sec in the 200m heats, and meeting the Paris 2024 Olympic qualifying mark.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore’s athletics fraternity hail Shanti Pereira’s performance as ‘one for the ages’​

1 of 5
2023100295258984img0320.jpg

Shanti Pereira claimed the women’s 200m title at the Asian Games on Oct 2. ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG
Ervin Ang

Oct 3, 2023

SINGAPORE – A performance for the ages. Mind-boggling. Smashed it. The descriptions were as varied as they were consistent. Everyone within the Singapore track and field community and beyond were blown away by what Shanti Pereira had done at the Asian Games on Monday night.
Singapore Athletics president Lien Choong Luen described her victory in the 200m, the country’s first Asiad athletics title since Chee Swee Lee’s gold at the 1974 Games, as “one for the ages”.
He added: “Forty-nine years ago, Swee Lee blitzed the 400m, and now we have our next gold medal.
“We’ve seen consistent improvements in her performances from the Hanoi SEA Games to this year’s World Championship semi-finals.
“Invaluable in this journey were coach Luis (Cunha) as well as her family and friends, but most importantly, her own self-belief.”

Former national sprinter U.K. Shyam, whose 100m record was broken by Marc Louis last Saturday, was in full agreement at how Pereira, 27, has raised the bar.
He said: “I wasn’t surprised that she got the gold. It’s a new paradigm in Singapore sprinting and athletics. Her season is nothing short of spectacular, and it’s mind-boggling. It’s amazing, I never thought that we would see this in my lifetime.”

Retired sprinter C. Kunalan, 80, who has one silver and four bronzes from the Asian Games, flagged Pereira’s tears of joy and gratitude during the medal ceremony.
2023100224966096snapseed_1.jpg

Shanti Pereira during the medal ceremony at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium. ST PHOTO: CHONG JUN LIANG
He said her feat will not only inspire athletes to keep trying, but is also a great lesson for coaches.
Breaking down the race, he said: “She was calm at the start. Leading all the way, that is fantastic.

“The last 30m was strong. The slow motion (replay) showed her heels were high at the butt during the last 30 to 40m.”
Dipna Lim-Prasad, 32, who holds four national records, reacted with two words – “smashed it” – once Pereira crossed the finish line.
“It’s even more amazing when you consider the marathon of a season she’s had. It’s testament to many things, our athletes, but also the support system that has been a solid foundation for them,” she said.
“Our team have shown they have been working hard and the results show it. Not to forget Marc’s 100m national record, which is a huge milestone also. Last Asian Games, we had only one athlete who qualified for the finals. Now, we have more.”

For national marathoner Soh Rui Yong, 32, Pereira’s sporting career has been a lesson in perseverance.
He said: “Having first met Shanti in 2014 in Oregon when she was there for World Juniors as a bespectacled, nervous teenager who seemed to love shopping more than sprinting, her journey has been one of finding oneself.
“She’s today a confident, motivated athlete able to thrive on pressure rather than letting it break her down, like it did between 2017 and 2018.”
Both Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and President Tharman Shanmugaratnam sent their congratulations.

President Tharman said in a Facebook post: “Shanti shows what we can achieve. With personal guts and determination. First class coaches. Strong and patient support from our national bodies. And a population cheering for our sportspersons.”

The future is certainly bright, noted Lien, adding: “I hope this gold medal will inspire a new generation of young girls and boys watching her that we can be world beaters too... even in the most competitive disciplines of track and field.”

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
India embracing Shanti as one of them

Indian-origin Shanti Pereira wins Singapore's first athletics Asian Games gold in 49 years

50513-screenshot-20.webp

Shanti Pereira, who won Singapore's first Asian Games athletics gold medal for almost 50 years in the women's 200m final in Hangzhou on Monday night, has an Indian connection.
Shanti's father Clarence Pereira is a descendant of a family based in Pala in Kottayam who migrated to Singapore. Her mother is from Singapore.

Speaking in the mixed zone after her historic win, Shanti said, "I have lived all my life in Singapore, my entire family lives here, so it's not that I have too many remaining ties with India. But I did go to Kerala for my sister's wedding, she was married to someone from there. I enjoyed my time in India."
Indians have been bringing a rich medal haul in athletics at the Asian Games, but there has not been success in the sprints - the 100m and 200m races. Shanti Pereira, therefore, was a name which stood out on the winners' list on the giant screen at the end of the 200m final. Earlier, Shanti had won a silver in the 100m final.