• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Man earning $1800 can have 5 kids with another baby on the way.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
familyeight.jpg

PAP wants you to be like Mr Lin.. Well Done to Mr Lim.. Pls Piak Piak more so that you can form your own family's football team.. Now already 6.. 5 more to go..

The Chinese tabloids reported yesterday of a 36 year old Singapore man Liu Lin Wei who has five children and whose wife is currently pregnant with the sixth
Mr Liu stayed with his wife and children in a 3-room HDB flat. After subtracting for CPF, he takes home only $1,500.

Speaking to queries from the media, Mr Liu said he is very careful with his expenses which are meticulously calculated while his wife admitted that though the house was ‘packed’, it helped to promote ‘family cohesion’.

Singaporeans have long complained that the rising cost of living is a key reason behind them not marrying and having children.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr lim? I thought it was a malay? I thought malays are winning chinese by having more kids? Oh crap how are we supposed to twist this around to show that malays are superior? Mr lim really cares about his family by raising so many kids with such a low salary but he's chinese and i thought chinese were money minded? Hmmm

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
hmm... 1.5K salary plus 0.5K transport allowance. 1.8K take home, feed 2 adults, 5 kids.
is the pigeon hole fully paid for? is the wife working? does the family have any savings? so many questions to be answered :o:o:o

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr lim? I thought it was a malay? I thought malays are winning chinese by having more kids? Oh crap how are we supposed to twist this around to show that malays are superior? Mr lim really cares about his family by raising so many kids with such a low salary but he's chinese and i thought chinese were money minded? Hmmm

I'm sure Mr Lim is the family man type who put his family first.. There're some people like Mr Lim who do not gamble, drink or smoke.. My Ah Beng army mate got married when he was 22.. Now got 4 kids and workin as a delivery driver earning less than 2k a month.. On Fridays and Saturdays, he would work part time to earn some extra cash.. Told me that he experienced satisfaction each time he comes back home and seeing his wife and kids all eagerly waiting for him to have dinner together..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr & Mrs Lim shouLd write a 'know-how-to-do-it' book for the many chiLdLess Sinkies' coupLes who spend thousands of $ just trying to conceive..bet that wouLd be a best-seLLing read off the book sheLf..:smile:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As much as I admire Mr Lin's bedroom prowess, I just can't help feeling that the state media is just makin use of him as a good example to all Sinkies..

PAP will say, Make the best of what you have.. Never mind if you earn less than 2k a month, you can still have a happy big family like Mr Lin..

Just like when they reported about that Malay abang who managed to buy a brand new flat with his meagre pay..

jw5

Loyal
As much as I admire Mr Lin's bedroom prowess, I just can't help feeling that the state media is just makin use of him as a good example to all Sinkies..

Having 6 kids has got nothing to do with bedroom prowess lah, hehehehe.
Maybe for each one, he goes in and ooopsss, "laopor, wo lai le". :o

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm... 1.5K salary plus 0.5K transport allowance. 1.8K take home, feed 2 adults, 5 kids.
is the pigeon hole fully paid for? is the wife working? does the family have any savings? so many questions to be answered :o:o:o
true but pay and pay master wants you to buy the story and not asking questions.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP will someday remind sinkies that the good old days of packing in 5 families in a Chinatown shophouse and using a cloth curtain for privacy promotes "family cohesion", therefore, HDB flats can afford to be smaller with plaster boards used to separating units.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP will say, Make the best of what you have.. Never mind if you earn less than 2k a month, you can still have a happy big family like Mr Lin..

Just like when they reported about that Malay abang who managed to buy a brand new flat with his meagre pay..

but isnt the truth still the truth? the fact remains that ordinary singaporeans can raise their families with less than the median income.
i am not sure, but perhaps the Lim family qualifies for various government subsidies that make life slightly easier?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people like to make make life difficult for themselves, to live in abject poverty, content with not amounting to anything much.

You don't have to follow them.

And unsurprisingly, the PAP spin machinery works its magic right on time, once again. Whenever there's an agenda to be pushed, such 'case studies' suddenly appear and are then given full media coverage. I am reminded of the other time when a low income Malay man was given media coverage because he bought a HDB flat (flats are affordable!).

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure Mr Lim is the family man type who put his family first.. There're some people like Mr Lim who do not gamble, drink or smoke.. My Ah Beng army mate got married when he was 22.. Now got 4 kids and workin as a delivery driver earning less than 2k a month.. On Fridays and Saturdays, he would work part time to earn some extra cash.. Told me that he experienced satisfaction each time he comes back home and seeing his wife and kids all eagerly waiting for him to have dinner together..

Wow that;s good but u see the problem here. Simply because he's chinese he's supposed to be some greedy for money souless person all cos he's chinese while if he was a malay he would be praised to the skies.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The kids are still young. Interview him in 5 years time and he may kpkb. Going to school, buying books, money for recess etc will make him change his mind. Also, better pray no major illness within the family. He's skating on thin ice.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

I am inclined to see it this way too. PAP is saying this guy can do it, why can't the rest of you? Stop whining and make do with what you have.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am inclined to see it this way too. PAP is saying this guy can do it, why can't the rest of you? Stop whining and make do with what you have.
yes this is what PAP wants you buy the story and follow Mr Liu. How much can you believe in local media?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Someone should really show them the remuneration packages of world leaders if they're so keen to compare. :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What selfish fucktards of parents subjecting the kids to a life of poverty malnutrition and deprivation.
Should have spent some money on condoms or contraceptive pills.