• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Bride confronts friend for not giving red packet at her wedding

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
photo-12_zps4bc6b477.jpg

This was on their news feed so it was a public message. Sheeeesh. Why wasn't this private messaged!? Seems like a stunt to embarrass the person. To me, it's the sender who looks bad.

Plus if the person didn't give due to "unforeseen circumstances", why do they have to let the bride/groom know?! I don't get it!

WOW...... Next time really remember to put your name, IC, telelphone number, address on the back of the red packet. If I don't put enough, will they send me a bill too??

Many people complain to me about their horror wedding stories. From both sides.

I heard before one family went to a wedding, 4 of them, and only gave a picture frame.

At my friend's wedding, she said she got received empty red packets... she dunno if it was an accident or a joke... she felt it quite mean...

Any stories to share?

Luckily, I don't get invited to many weddings lol...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think the younger ones conveniently forget about the traditional angpows.

Some even shrugged..." I never asked to be invited what! Why give money!!!"

Yes, some just give presents ( a photo frame or some cute gifts ) without cash...poor married couple will have to foot the bill jialat!

So it's like this now....But the majority still give angpows lah....not as big as before.

Now wedding dinners are getting more expensive and I believe the angpows should also be more lah....:smile:

For a couple now, at a 5 star hotel wedding dinner, about $200 can?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some Singaporeans do indeed get the government they deserve. Everything must count dollars and cents, even marriage must be a profitable venture. No wonder the government finds ways to extract money from them and steal their CPF, they also continue to vote PAP. In the PAP shoes they would be doing exactly the same thing to fellow Singaporeans.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i referring to the bride... openly tell pple "y u no give me ang pow??!!"

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't want to give red packet then take MC lah..............no need to go to wedding dinner and no need to go to work mah..........

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i always wish no wedding dinner invitations better.....stay away or give excuses like overeseas.

now money talks. i saw at a tea ceremony, even the amount of money in the angpow is also recorded!!! with the names too!!!

waulau...now everything is money.... so if poor, don't go anywhere lah...just stay at home and eat maggie mee better.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best to have a modest wedding reception... at a void deck... and expect nothing, but good wishes, from your guests. :o

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays alot of shameless people. Want to eat banquet but too cheapskate to give red packet. If no money then might as well decline the invitation politely.

wiscom

Alfrescian
Loyal
You so simple minded one ah? Its common knowledge that even if no show must also must give red packet one lah...:rolleyes:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You so simple minded one ah? Its common knowledge that even if no show must also must give red packet one lah...:rolleyes:

those were the days. but now, don't go, no need to give...unless some very close friends or relatives...just give before the wedding dinner lah...a token can also.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW...... Next time really remember to put your name, IC, telelphone number, address on the back of the red packet. If I don't put enough, will they send me a bill too??
Next time, ask for receipt, can file for tax deduction machiam like give to charity.:*:

OT slightly, attended birthday parties before. The birthday girl/boy opened the presents at the party, and someone recorded down the names of the givers. I asked what that was for and was told it is to send thank you letters. Different mindset totally.

AnyOldHow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time I better still ....

An old secondary school friend (which I lost touch for quiet awhile) suddenly faxed me an invitation card for
his wedding.

Caught me by surprise! Got like that send wedding invitation mey?

So on advise of my office colleagues, I quickly send my congratulation and $50 red packet by fax!

Never heard from the poor chap again ... lol

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

I heard that starting from next year, for every hong pow that contains less than the minimum sum of $80, the government will top up the deficit into your CPF account as part of their "get married, get hong pow" campaign.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, they want to share their wedding joy with friends and families and expect the letter to subsidize the event? Do the latter have a say on the organization of the reception? A gift is not to be demanded. If the couple can't afford to host a reception, then don't.