• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Archbishop Nicholas Chia withdraws letter to abolish ISA

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The garment always push the boundary of their actions by saying things like Singapore is small and unique...we r not like other countries,we need special this and that, our margin for error is razor thin...and all that crap. They dont realize they have overstep the line in many cases.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My 5 cents worth. Just to steer the discussion back. ISA is probably needed still just as Guatemala Bay is required for countering terrorist activities. But no one is concerned about Guatemala Bay being used against political opponents to US govt. The same cannot be said about ISA in Singapore.

Just to understand better, let's say the ISA's detention w/o trial is abolished, can someone then be subjected under section 55 where it can also be used for political purposes as opposed to seasoned hoodlums? Or is this a separate thing altogether?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see where you are coming from. Yes, I agree that Alex should have taken on MHA. But I wonder if he would have known that it was becos the MHA hauled up the apostolic nuncio who was the one who made Nicholas Chia retract his position. If he had, Teo would still have told him not to be disrespectful to the govt as it is the Executive branch. It is in the DNA.

What I am saying is that this is will be a recurring theme that will continue to flare up where the Catholics and their Church is concerned. It has happened for the last 50 years and will continue to do so.

The complication is that the Vatican considers itself as a sovereign state and wants to be recognised by Singapore. They have an ambassador for the region who was based in Bangkok and since 2011 is now based here. The proper term is apostolic nuncio.

The Archbishop followed his heart and did what he did at first. No the room was not bugged as Alex thinks but Teo Chee Hean's secret squirrel emerged either in Function 8 or Maurah or even the Catholic Church and I suspect in all 3. ISD moved and the Archbishop was summoned to chia samosa. They would only do that after consulting the apostolic nuncio. He was told that he was going to be defrocked and did the tango backwards real fast. Archbishop Yong was in the same boat when they summoned the apostolic nuncio from Bangkok.

As far as the Vatican is concerned their sovereignty is more important than a few Singaporeans with bleeding hearts.

Teo Chee Hean in his customary fashion fucked it up as usual by asking MHA to come out with the "disrepectful" crap.

Alex Au's fault is that he is taking on the Church rather than Teo Chee Hean. Same with Teo Soh Lung. The latter is still the blurfuck and does not know what is going on.

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
alex is an activist and a gay one at that. naturally he would go for maximum impact, attack Nicholas Chia instead of MHA. after alex has done the dirty work, the usual players F8 and MAURAH will step in. all alex cares about is being the first to break the news

I see where you are coming from. Yes, I agree that Alex should have taken on MHA. But I wonder if he would have known that it was becos the MHA hauled up the apostolic nuncio who was the one who made Nicholas Chia retract his position. If he had, Teo would still have told him not to be disrespectful to the govt as it is the Executive branch. It is in the DNA.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
The garment always push the boundary of their actions by saying things like Singapore is small and unique...we r not like other countries,we need special this and that, our margin for error is razor thin...and all that crap. They dont realize they have overstep the line in many cases.

Actually Singapore is not unique, but we handle threats much better than USA n Europe because we have ISA.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nicgoless is not match for the Most Holey Authority (MHA), which is much powederful than his most HOLY AUTHORITY in Rome, the POPE. ha ha ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually Singapore is not unique, but we handle threats much better than USA n Europe because we have ISA.

I nearly spit all the coffee in our mouth onto the screen... ha ha ha ok! ISA I have no argument, whether the best or not, it is good enough, the rest of the statement..even my dog is laughing!!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's no laughing matter bro, it's serious matter. That's why we don't have 911, London, Madrid, Ankara, Mumbai n Karachi type bombings here in Singapore. Those yanks need to learn from us

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Really?

You referring to domestic or international threats? Real threats or perceived ones?

Imo, the threats are related to 'ricebowls' of certain people.

If ISA can handle threats, the Americans and Europeans would have followed us.

ConyuConhee

Alfrescian
Loyal
soon happy for his backtracking ...

NOW WE CAN HAVE MORE MOMENTS
OF PEACE AND STABILITY IN SINGAPORE
thanks to our great leaders
who with great foresights and wisdom
allowed everybody to enjoy this golden period
in the past
and continue to do so now
and in the future

BUT REMEMBER
TO VOTE
for pap
to maintained such stability, peace and tranquility

who had dressed in white
BUT changed to pink
because they heard you
and understood your concerns

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the interesting bit, note where the fire power of F8 and Alex is concentrated on. They are going after the Archbishop and doing a point by point rebuttal. Any born and bred Singaporeans knows the bullying tactics of the Govt. they should be shelling the Govt for bullying the guy.

Instead they have agreed to have closed door dialogue with MHA over ISA.

How dumb can you get.

Honestly what does one expect the Archbishop to say - I left my balls at the altar. From his replies he knows that he is clutching at straws.

They should demand what Teo and company did to the Archbishop, why summon to the Istana, was the Italian chap also summoned to the Istana. Why he can't write a letter of support. Why the intimidation, why can't he bring someone to accompany him.

Why can't they go thru Eric Tan on these matters. Teo is showing disrespect to a church leader.

I am also surprised that Teo is playing around in a turf that only the PM usually does. He must be the closest MHA minister to ISD since we became independent.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the interesting bit, note where the fire power of F8 and Alex is concentrated on. They are going after the Archbishop and doing a point by point rebuttal. Any born and bred Singaporeans knows the bullying tactics of the Govt. they should be shelling the Govt for bullying the guy.

How dumb can you get.

Honestly what does one expect the Archbishop to say - I left my balls at the altar. From his replies he knows that he is clutching at straws.

They should demand what Teo and company did to the Archbishop, why summon to the Istana, was the Italian chap also summoned to the Istana. Why he can't write a letter of support. Why the intimidation, why can't he bring someone to accompany him.

Why can't they go thru Eric Tan on these matters. Teo is showing disrespect to a church leader.

I am also surprised that Teo is playing around in a turf that only the PM usually does. He must be the closest MHA minister to ISD since we became independent.
Teo Chee Hean is a SJI boy. Being a Catholic or from a Catholic school he's been asked to do the dirty work. But u r right. They should lay off the poor Archbishop.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

How dumb can you get.

Ya, this is dumb. But actually Alex's blog started out as a cynical jibe at the National Conversation, until the whole thing got derailed by Nicholas Chia's rebuttal and the govt took advantage of that.

Either the PM is reserving himself as the silver bullet or he is setting him up for the fall, or both.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if Alex insinuates, the pen that did the replies was not held by NC or the Church.

Ya, this is dumb. But actually Alex's blog started out as a cynical jibe at the National Conversation, until the whole thing got derailed by Nicholas Chia's rebuttal and the govt took advantage of that.

Either the PM is reserving himself as the silver bullet or he is setting him up for the fall, or both.