• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore population shrinks!

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Population shrinks because relies on external forces. Only delay the inevitable. They saw what happened to Japan and invite global nation to participate.

Good foresight but pandemic is a black swan. I don't think they will rein in the inflow.

Look at how Europe countries are accepting immigrants via wars. Singapore leaders are well mannered but there is a caveat.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after tiongs found out to their dismay that sinkie shitizenship was no longer valid for pr application in the u.s. after uscis changed cuntry rule from (adopted) nationality to place of birth, tiongs simply gave up on using sg as a stepping stone. and it also contributed to the decline of number of tiongs seeking sinkie shitizenship (for the sole purpose of obtaining pr in a western cuntry, especially the u.s.).

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes true, i don't disagree. There are parameters where Sg has outstripped many western countries. I was just commenting that the govt is not cheating the people.

Oh I see, you know Singapore more than I do?

How many elections have you gone through? Do you know how many elections I went through and in every each election promises were made but unfulfilled?
Changing electorate boundaries at their own whims and fancies is not cheating what is? A minister was caught inside a polling station was found not guilty because he was not within the radius stipulated
Reservation of a presidential seat for a particular race to prevent qualified candidates from participating was unconstitutional and shameless. An Indian was hurriedly converted to a Malay.

Look you are here less than 18 years naturally you'll find everything here amazingly suitable and beneficial because you can never have them in your motherland a country 3 class below Singapore. New policies legislated here do not affect you because they protect you at our expense.
Young man don't be too enthusiastic in praising this government too fervently because you and your family have a long journey ahead.
Seventeen years here is a short time to experience any misfortune. Wait till your son go to the army and see if you can sleep peacefully. Many were killed during peace time in NS due to negligence, accidents and suicides. And should your son died in a mishap, pray to your elephant god that the same government you adored handle the matter to your satisfaction.

The country you came from have only one race which the elected PM have problems gelling them together what can you contribute in this forum to make the four races here integrate further?

Or are you here to justify and advocate CECA?

Last edited:

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many elections have you gone through? Do you know how many elections I went through and in every each election promises were made but unfulfilled?
Changing electorate boundaries at their own whims and fancies is not cheating what is? A minister was caught inside a polling station was found not guilty because he was not within the radius stipulated
Reservation of a presidential seat for a particular race to prevent qualified candidates from participating was unconstitutional and shameless. An Indian was hurriedly converted to a Malay.

Look you are here less than 18 years naturally you'll find everything here amazingly suitable and beneficial because you can never have them in your motherland a country 3 class below Singapore. New policies legislated here do not affect you because they protect you at our expense.
Young man don't be too enthusiastic in praising this government too fervently because you and your family have a long journey ahead.
Seventeen years here is a short time to experience any misfortune. Wait till your son go to the army and see if you can sleep peacefully. Many were killed during peace time in NS due to negligence, accidents and suicides. And should your son died in a mishap, pray to your elephant god that the same government you adored handle the matter to your satisfaction.

The country you came from have only one race which the elected PM have problems gelling them together what can you contribute in this forum to make the four races here integrate further?

Show me which povernment fulfils all election promises. There are promises which are made and the prioritised. Some of those get fulfilled. No elected govt has fulfilled all their promises. As long as they are not causing material harm to the people and increasing prosperity the PAP has done very well.
I personally am against reservation but you can call the presidential selctiom a concession given to show that the govt is committed to inclusiveness. Its a ceremonial position. If I say I don't mind the fact that presidential position is apppinted it will be inappropriate.
Lastly on india you have no idea about the complexity. Indian is not a race. India has hundreds of ethnicities, multiple religions and several other fissures. I am amazed that india is still acountry after close to 8 decades. So let's not compare the 2.
My position to your posts is that the govt you have is quite good. They have some limitations but they have e punch above their weight. Be happy.

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow beginning to sound like a seasoned PAP which I think I had enough. I have only this to say. Do not let the hands that used you bite you.
I have not seen a govt do so much for its citizens as sg.
I come from India and live e for a reason able time in the US. In both places its every man for himself where india is worse off and the US slightly better.

In the 60s if the Communist party had come to power instead of PAP Sg would not have been what it is today. The amount of freedom would have been quite curtailed and the material prosperity non existent.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You call that population shrink? It is still extremely over populated. FUCK PAP until their balls shrink in the next GE!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you find the figures believable?

Is SG getting less crowded? So why is property still hot if the population is shrinking? Doesn't add up.
Sinkie is a safe haven for chinese from indonesia and Malaysia. Hongkies I think avoid singapore preferring bangkok which is far cheaper and more rational than say KL.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please do share. I only remember the apology made by lhl. After that I only think for myself

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal

PM Lee: If we didn’t get it right, I’m sorry (2011)​

"If we didn't get it right, I'm sorry. But we will try better the next time."
It was an apology that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong saw fit to repeat twice on Tuesday during the People's Action Party (PAP) first lunchtime rally at Boat Quay next to UOB Plaza.
PM Lee acknowledged the government's initiatives have resulted in "side effects", such as problem gambling among Singaporeans due to the opening of the Integrated Resorts.
He also cited the congestion in public transport because of the increased intake in foreigners.
"These are real problems, we will tackle them. But I hope you will understand when these problems vex you or disturb you or upset your lives, please bear with us, we are trying our best on your behalf," said PM Lee to a crowd of about a thousand.
The secretary-general of the PAP continued, "And if we didn't quite get it right, I'm sorry but we will try better the next time."
"Never forget that we are here to serve the voters, to serve Singaporeans and not to lord it over people," he said,

Chey. Only one problem.

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal

PM Lee: If we didn’t get it right, I’m sorry (2011)​

"If we didn't get it right, I'm sorry. But we will try better the next time."
It was an apology that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong saw fit to repeat twice on Tuesday during the People's Action Party (PAP) first lunchtime rally at Boat Quay next to UOB Plaza.
PM Lee acknowledged the government's initiatives have resulted in "side effects", such as problem gambling among Singaporeans due to the opening of the Integrated Resorts.
He also cited the congestion in public transport because of the increased intake in foreigners.
"These are real problems, we will tackle them. But I hope you will understand when these problems vex you or disturb you or upset your lives, please bear with us, we are trying our best on your behalf," said PM Lee to a crowd of about a thousand.
The secretary-general of the PAP continued, "And if we didn't quite get it right, I'm sorry but we will try better the next time."
"Never forget that we are here to serve the voters, to serve Singaporeans and not to lord it over people," he said,
Today pre covid, the congestion is not as bad as in the past. Many new lines ha e opened. There is no evidence that Sg is afflicted by gambling due to IR. Sg has largely been unscathed by the global fin rises and the SGD is strong. The number of foreign workers is down by 10%. Property price has not runaway like in most other places. The increase is nominal again compared to other places.
No mass unemployment is there and in fact Sg is well placed to take in spill over from HK political problems. You guys just don't appreciate what the political stability has given you.