• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore population shrinks!

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You asking the wrong guy lah.

I'm the one that has left Singapore. I am trying to be as impartial as I can.

Dictators do tend to execute opponents in public. I don't see that in Singapore. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Not yet. But there's nothing to stop the dishonorable son from doing that.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The other figure that should be revealed is how many of the 3.5m are new citizens sworn in the past 2 decades?

I think the figure is close to half a million.

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think many would disagree with you that Singapore Government is a Dictatorship.

right @Sgpind ?
It's not a dictatorship because the peiples voice is heard. They have been in power so long because the people like them and they have delivered. Also the fact that their vote share keeps changing us indicative of a democracy.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not a dictatorship because the peiples voice is heard. They have been in power so long because the people like them and they have delivered. Also the fact that their vote share keeps changing us indicative of a democracy.
You're a paid pappy dog to sing praises here for the piss and poop ? I'll give you more credibility if you can spell and elocute.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many ppl were rejoicing on FB comments though. haha...

KNN so many ppl for what? Oh build a strong economy need many ppl. If that's the case, why the fuck is India still without basic amenities like toilets?

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're a paid pappy dog to sing praises here for the piss and poop ? I'll give you more credibility if you can spell and elocute.
I think you are new to chat. Sometimes when you use the phone to swipe there are typos. I can live with that unless there is a material change to the meaning.
I have my political opinions and can clearly see the what the Sg govt has achieved over the years.

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN so many ppl for what? Oh build a strong economy need many ppl. If that's the case, why the fuck is India still without basic amenities like toilets?
India is a different set of problems that are legacy in nature. That country will always under perform unless they change their attitude and politics.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where the data is concerned, take it with a grain of salt. Headline numbers may deceive. Factor in emigration/immigration and black swan events like the pandemic. The latter tends to distort or skew data completely, an outlier if you will. Under Don't be fooled by numbers especially if its coming from msm or the G. It is to suit the narrative. Just look at the foreign employment growth numbers 2019/20 and 2020/21.
If I were a betting man, I'll bet the house that the numbers will sky rocket.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rejoice??Those goons are destined for a hard landing same time next year.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you find the figures believable?

Is SG getting less crowded? So why is property still hot if the population is shrinking? Doesn't add up.
low interest rates and the MAS loan relief program which runs until end of this year have kept prices up. higher construction costs are also passed on to buyers.

with interest rates projected to rise next year and with the end of the loan relief program, we could finally see a correction coming.

but government has many tools like ABSD and LTV ratios to cushion the correction.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
low interest rates and the MAS loan relief program which runs until end of this year have kept prices up. higher construction costs are also passed on to buyers.

with interest rates projected to rise next year and with the end of the loan relief program, we could finally see a correction coming.

but government has many tools like ABSD and LTV ratios to cushion the correction.
The PAP government die die has to keep property prices growing. Otherwise they will lose power. This is a key requirement for them to continue holding on to power.

If they fail then it has remarkable implications for many sectors all across Singapore. Politically. Socially. Economically.

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
You heard of cheating and brain washing?
No I only heard of organised religion. :smile:
That was in a lighter vein.
What cheating or brainwashing are you talking about. Consider any SEA country and Sg and see for yourself who has developed more. The evidence on the ground. As LKY said .. no on to beat Singaporeans in grumbling. :smile:

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP government die die has to keep property prices growing. Otherwise they will lose power. This is a key requirement for them to continue holding on to power.

If they fail then it has remarkable implications for many sectors all across Singapore. Politically. Socially. Economically.
The govt has put enough cooling measures without which I would have been richer. Haha.. but the cooking measures have kept property in check by at least 30%

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consider any SEA country and Sg and see for yourself who has developed more.
Why only SEA country? Yes we have developed more than the rest but what has that go to do with a fair democratic system?
We redraw any electorate boundary we deemed fit because we have developed?

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why only SEA country? Yes we have developed more than the rest but what has that go to do with a fair democratic system?
We redraw any electorate boundary we deemed fit because we have developed?
Yes true, i don't disagree. There are parameters where Sg has outstripped many western countries. I was just commenting that the govt is not cheating the people.