• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should I move or not?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who have moved or plan to move , dont doubt your move !
Singapore is getting worse for retirees and I am quite sure getting worse for the deaths and living too .....
.....Singapore slipped out of top 30 countries in global retirement index

Singapore Business Review – 2 hours 31 minutes ago
....Email0
Share0Print.....Related Content.
View Photo.
Is Singapore failing to meet retirement security needs?

Three countries in Asia Pacific ranked in the top 20 globally for their capacity to meet retirement security needs and expectations, according to the 2014 Global Retirement Index, an analysis of 150 countries published today by Natixis Global Asset Management.

With an overall score of 65% (down from 72% in 2013), Singapore takes the 41st position in this year’s GRI, and is unable to maintain its ranking within the top 30 countries. Singapore is considered to be one of the financial powerhouses of the world and one of the most prosperous Asian economies.

However, recent developments have seen the welfare of their retirees decrease relative to other nations. For instance, a decrease in an already mediocre result for income equality has pushed the Material Wellbeing sub-index even lower into 41st from 34th in 2013.

In terms of the Health sub-index, Singapore’s ranking remains fairly static, with an impressive score for the life expectancy indicator, but with high levels of out-of-pocket health expenditure and low numbers of physicians per capita.

However, the biggest drop sustained by Singapore in this year’s GRI, was the Quality of Life sub-index where its ranking dropped from 29th place to 75th.

This was due to an already weak score in the Biodiversity and Habitat indicator, coupled with a worsening of the Climate Change indicator.

With regards to Singapore’s financial situation for retirees, it performs well above the top 30 average of the Finances in Retirement sub-index. Singaporean retirees are able to benefit from relatively low levels of inflation, and above all limited tax pressure.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re quality of life in Sg, here's just another small event that's gonna add to the list: the closure of yet another public swimming pool, this time the one at Buona Vista. Notices have gone up advising swimmers here to go to the pools at queenstown and clementi. What this means, more congestion at these other pools. Another case of cram more people, reduce costs, increase revenue?

BUT Having said that, i believe no one will quarel with me if i were to say Sg is still far better off than jb when it comes to convenient public recreational amenities (swim pools, cycling/jogging tracks, park connectors).

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who have moved or plan to move , dont doubt your move !
Singapore is getting worse for retirees and I am quite sure getting worse for the deaths and living too .....
.....Singapore slipped out of top 30 countries in global retirement index

Singapore Business Review – 2 hours 31 minutes ago
....Email0
Share0Print.....Related Content.
View Photo.
Is Singapore failing to meet retirement security needs?

Three countries in Asia Pacific ranked in the top 20 globally for their capacity to meet retirement security needs and expectations, according to the 2014 Global Retirement Index, an analysis of 150 countries published today by Natixis Global Asset Management.

With an overall score of 65% (down from 72% in 2013), Singapore takes the 41st position in this year’s GRI, and is unable to maintain its ranking within the top 30 countries. Singapore is considered to be one of the financial powerhouses of the world and one of the most prosperous Asian economies.

However, recent developments have seen the welfare of their retirees decrease relative to other nations. For instance, a decrease in an already mediocre result for income equality has pushed the Material Wellbeing sub-index even lower into 41st from 34th in 2013.

In terms of the Health sub-index, Singapore’s ranking remains fairly static, with an impressive score for the life expectancy indicator, but with high levels of out-of-pocket health expenditure and low numbers of physicians per capita.

However, the biggest drop sustained by Singapore in this year’s GRI, was the Quality of Life sub-index where its ranking dropped from 29th place to 75th.

This was due to an already weak score in the Biodiversity and Habitat indicator, coupled with a worsening of the Climate Change indicator.

With regards to Singapore’s financial situation for retirees, it performs well above the top 30 average of the Finances in Retirement sub-index. Singaporean retirees are able to benefit from relatively low levels of inflation, and above all limited tax pressure.

I tot well above 30 average means retirees are doing fine? What I will miss most if I retire is to be able to own a car, as it will cost more than $2k a month.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm I remember going to public swimming pools for my lessons with my classmates, and polluting the water with our urine at the same time :p

Yeah long time ago already have swimming lessons in primary school, I also remember attending a few lessons in public swimming pool in primary school..