• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should I move or not?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who in the right mind send their child to any Malaysian public school ? Even the JB people are moving their child to school in woodlands for their studies.They are taking advantage of that.

There are school bus to FERRY your kids to school from jb to Singapore and vice versa. No one will go study international school unless you are filthy rich or you are on expat packages. Chances is that you aren't.

There's good schools in Woodlands too. I think the main concern is some one to take care of him or her when he comes back from school. The meals and the homework. MOE are developing after school care for busy parents too in the respective Primary school.. Call up the school at Woodlands, Sembawang or Yishun to check things out.

From what I heard, it is not that uncommon to study in international schools in Msia, especially KL. It is an option for parents who want to send their kids to study in English medium schools, instead of Malay or Chinese medium public schools. Unlike those international schools that cater to expat and charge an arm and a leg, they do have lower fees international schools that are still costly but affordable to middle income or higher parents.

Not sure about the exact fees, but I have one Msian SPR colleague a few years ago who was contemplating between continuing to work in SG and sending child to Primary 1 in Spore school or going back to KL to work and sending child to international school in KL. Her family is middle income, so definitely no need to be filthy rich to study in international school in Msia.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
damn it.. everytime i see these pics really make me want to move

If you're someone who likes to get closer to mother nature, loves flora and fauna and landscaped environment, enjoy the breeze and the open space and not forgetting the luxury of a resort bungalow with your own pool and garden, you will fall in love with East Ledang.

When completed, residents get to enjoy ALL the 31 thematic gardens and 2 lakes located in all the different phases of East Ledang because these different phases inside East Ledang are combined as one single development. Even with a bicycle, many old folks cannot cover the whole of East Ledang in one trip. Luckily, they can just enjoy a picnic with their children and grandchildren in a field or garden facing the lake or simply relax and watch the world go by in this tranquil and serene environment.

I really like the design of pool bungalows in Noble Park (Phase 4A) whereby the edges of the pool kinda like merge with the living and dining halls.
noble_5.jpg

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like you've even went up to 2nd floor :biggrin: What's the built-up size of your unit? Pardon me but it looks quite small from the front.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It wouldn't hurt been less Singaporean. Study in international schools are less stressful for the children and give them more of a free thinker. Less travel for the child as well. I assume you only have one. Why not try to visit Marlborough College. If thats out of the budget theres a few options in JB. I've send me 2 to Marlborough College. We are in the middle income family not filthy rich.

Looking at the fees, I realise I belong to the lower income group :(

Senior School - Boarding - $150,000 RM per annum :eek:
(Lower Sixth and Upper Sixth/Year 12 and Year 13)

linus

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're someone who likes to get closer to mother nature, loves flora and fauna and landscaped environment, enjoy the breeze and the open space and not forgetting the luxury of a resort bungalow with your own pool and garden, you will fall in love with East Ledang.

When completed, residents get to enjoy ALL the 31 thematic gardens and 2 lakes located in all the different phases of East Ledang because these different phases inside East Ledang are combined as one single development. Even with a bicycle, many old folks cannot cover the whole of East Ledang in one trip. Luckily, they can just enjoy a picnic with their children and grandchildren in a field or garden facing the lake or simply relax and watch the world go by in this tranquil and serene environment.

I really like the design of pool bungalows in Noble Park (Phase 4A) whereby the edges of the pool kinda like merge with the living and dining halls.

the east ledang is without a doubt one of the best development i have seen thus far, only drawback is the proximity of good schools, except marlborough which cost and an arm and a leg, there isnt any good schools nearby. there are plans to build Sri KDU in our estate not sure if this will materialise.
btw, my unit doesnt come with a swimming pool, maybe can pinjam ur one if require

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the east ledang is without a doubt one of the best development i have seen thus far, only drawback is the proximity of good schools, except marlborough which cost and an arm and a leg, there isnt any good schools nearby. there are plans to build Sri KDU in our estate not sure if this will materialise.
btw, my unit doesnt come with a swimming pool, maybe can pinjam ur one if require

Haha you're welcome anytime, a neighbour and I have once joked about organising pool hopping, bikini parties in EL, hahaha lol. No worries, we can also enjoy the pool and use the gym facilities at The Ledang Clubhouse at only S$20plus per month :smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've found one international school which is quite near to east ledang and their fees are reasonable too. any feedbacks from parents?

http://www.tenby.edu.my/setia-eco-gardens/school-fees

There is another one nearby. Raffles American School. They are currently operating from temp classrooms at Anjung, but moving soon to their main campus next to Marlborough. Fees are not cheap, but significantly less than Marlborough. Not sure of any feedback.

http://www.raffles-american-school.edu.my/Fees.html

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you can afford to pay school fees like 50 to 60k ringgint per year for school fees alone, then welcome. That is around 5K Ringgit per month. Such is around sgd 2k per month.

If you can afford that, why not ? If you can't, stick to MOE school in Singapore

From what I heard, it is not that uncommon to study in international schools in Msia, especially KL. It is an option for parents who want to send their kids to study in English medium schools, instead of Malay or Chinese medium public schools. Unlike those international schools that cater to expat and charge an arm and a leg, they do have lower fees international schools that are still costly but affordable to middle income or higher parents.

Not sure about the exact fees, but I have one Msian SPR colleague a few years ago who was contemplating between continuing to work in SG and sending child to Primary 1 in Spore school or going back to KL to work and sending child to international school in KL. Her family is middle income, so definitely no need to be filthy rich to study in international school in Msia.