• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offence. You may regret owning a strata titled landed property when in you are force have to pay exorbitant maintenance fee in near future.... those who buy to flip, invest or renting it out will suffer most. Not forgetting maintenance fee will also be included for GST next year.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor. No not bad. Double digit repetition.
But today 4D bo open le… :(

:biggrin:

oh ya hor, never thought of double digit repetition. I still haven't checked my luck. Bet the double digit with street number:biggrin: Hehe...another combination for you to bet :wink:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
These new generations of G&G are attractive indeed, but the downside is the developer bundling their lost of profit into the selling price and owners' future maintenance fee. The strata and individual titles are not so critical anymore. I have appended a related article that reflects on this growing trend.
]

Hi, I think that it is important - the distinction between strata and individual titled will become clearer as time goes on and more developments are completed. I specifically don't want to mention any project in particular as indeed, buyers are sensitive about this. However, there are problems with individual titled precincts that owners of strata G&G do not face. And there is a upcoming case somewhere in M'sia now that even with strata titled, they are having problems with their clubhouse which is NOT within their strata precinct. I think having a compound within a full stratified parcelled precincts is quite important for maintaining of all the facilities and such. Of course, there are those who'd prefer to not pay so much and go for individual titled lots with just a guard - but I can tell you in KL there are a lot of issues. I have been to one such precinct where a placard is hung on gates of houses whose owners pay for the security fee of less than RM1200/- a year. there were a number of houses without the placards - which begs the question - will the guards turn a blind eye to these houses if there is a break in?
legislative tweaks are also being continuously made to improve the legal framework for strata titled properties as well. It is something for the future, and is needed in Malaysia due to failure of town councils and security measures. So I'm betting that Johor trend will follow KL as these kind of developments are rather popular in KL these days.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I think that it is important - the distinction between strata and individual titled will become clearer as time goes on and more developments are completed. I specifically don't want to mention any project in particular as indeed, buyers are sensitive about this. However, there are problems with individual titled precincts that owners of strata G&G do not face. And there is a upcoming case somewhere in M'sia now that even with strata titled, they are having problems with their clubhouse which is NOT within their strata precinct. I think having a compound within a full stratified parcelled precincts is quite important for maintaining of all the facilities and such. Of course, there are those who'd prefer to not pay so much and go for individual titled lots with just a guard - but I can tell you in KL there are a lot of issues. I have been to one such precinct where a placard is hung on gates of houses whose owners pay for the security fee of less than RM1200/- a year. there were a number of houses without the placards - which begs the question - will the guards turn a blind eye to these houses if there is a break in?
legislative tweaks are also being continuously made to improve the legal framework for strata titled properties as well. It is something for the future, and is needed in Malaysia due to failure of town councils and security measures. So I'm betting that Johor trend will follow KL as these kind of developments are rather popular in KL these days.

If for strata titled property, there is usually a share value. So in distant future, if the entire place is enbloc, then it affects how much $ an owner can get. Do you know your share value?

Mine is individual titled, but I'm not sure who owns the roads and park, probably the government. If so, then we pay the government contractor or developer to maintain the common area? These parts are rather strange to me in a G&G context.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are lots of successful examples in G&G individual titles in JB such as in Austin Perdana, Horizon Hill, BDO, Seri Austin, Tmn Impian Emas etc... Maintenance fees are very affordable (some even less than RM100/mth) and the guards are good. The real problem of strata title landed property is the high maintenance fee....starting like Rm500....and will increase base on the inflation rate of the country.... and will reach RM1000 a month in a few years time (plus GST). If you think that is not a problem and you have lots of cash, go ahead and enjoy your strata title landed house. Paying more doesnt guarantee good service too! Is up to the residents. Successful G&G property mostly from taman that are mostly occupy by locals for own stay.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are lots of successful examples in G&G individual titles in JB such as in Austin Perdana, Horizon Hill, BDO, Seri Austin, Tmn Impian Emas etc... Maintenance fees are very affordable (some even less than RM100/mth) and the guards are good. The real problem of strata title landed property is the high maintenance fee....starting like Rm500....and will increase base on the inflation rate of the country.... and will reach RM1000 a month in a few years time (plus GST). If you think that is not a problem and you have lots of cash, go ahead and enjoy your strata title landed house. Paying more doesnt guarantee good service too! Is up to the residents. Successful G&G property mostly from taman that are mostly occupy by locals for own stay.

The market segment is different. Those who buy G&G with generous landscaping and common facilities should have done their sums. In any case $500 RM is really not a lot, as even a small condo nowadays in SG requires about $300-400 SGD (or $800-1000 RM) maintenance fee.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The market segment is different. Those who buy G&G with generous landscaping and common facilities should have done their sums. In any case $500 RM is really not a lot, as even a small condo nowadays in SG requires about $300-400 SGD (or $800-1000 RM) maintenance fee.

Yup, is different segment. I think for own stay should be ok if you can afford it. However, if you plan to rent out your strata title property, you will have a hard time because you lose your competitiveness through inclusion of high maintenance fee in your rental charges. Individual title properties much easier to rent out.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you FHBH12 for stating a fair and non bias view not like some "junks" with their constant harassment with myopic & sub-standard comments.
Anyway horses for courses. What is suitable or not suitable varies among individuals as we're all not born the same. My cuppa tea might not be yours.

Cheers!
:cool:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

Time will tell Malpaso, time will tell. We know what we want & bought what we wanted.

Cheers!
:cool:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, is different segment. I think for own stay should be ok if you can afford it. However, if you plan to rent out your strata title property, you will have a hard time because you lose your competitiveness through inclusion of high maintenance fee in your rental charges. Individual title properties much easier to rent out.

I think your argument may not hold water. It is always about "value for money". If I were to look for renting a dwelling, I will be out of my mind to assume I don't need to pay more for an estate with facilities at your door steps which you can visit at the spur of the moment without packing and driving to a club during operating hours. How much more I am prepared to pay depends on the individual and the facilities available. After all, if you want to swim, use the gym or other facilities, joining a club will also attract monthly subscriptions. Similarly, there are many more cheaper houses, i.e. the traditional non G&G tamans that I would expect to pay less rental.

"Value for money", along with "Demand and Supply" are all that count in the market.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think your argument may not hold water. It is always about "value for money". If I were to look for renting a dwelling, I will be out of my mind to assume I don't need to pay more for an estate with facilities at your door steps which you can visit at the spur of the moment without packing and driving to a club during operating hours. How much more I am prepared to pay depends on the individual and the facilities available. After all, if you want to swim, use the gym or other facilities, joining a club will also attract monthly subscriptions. Similarly, there are many more cheaper houses, i.e. the traditional non G&G tamans that I would expect to pay less rental.

"Value for money", along with "Demand and Supply" are all that count in the market.

You forgotten that, with this kind of rental rate charged, you are actually competing with all the high rise condo in JB. Not the normal G&G taman. SEC lose flat to all those high rise condo near JB city/CIQ/HSR/MRT/2nd link in future. When you compare, pls apple to apple.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgotten that, with this kind of rental rate charged, you are actually competing with all the high rise condo in JB. Not the normal G&G taman. SEC lose flat to all those high rise condo near JB city/CIQ/HSR/MRT/2nd link in future. When you compare, pls apple to apple.

Personally, I prefer landed to condo simply because few people can afford to live in landed homes in Sg. I would say "different stroke for different folks". If I compare 5 star hotels with budget hotels, is that apple-to-apple? Both provide temporary accommodation catering to tourists. The more budget conscious would choose the cheaper option, yet during S'pore F1 the 5 star hotels are fully booked. I patronise hawker centres, but also visit the more expensive restaurants. When I make my decision which to patronise on a particular day, am I not comparing apple-to-apple? You may not think so, but I make my decision exactly based on my perceived value-for-money. You are you and I am I. There are all kinds of people putting different values on the same thing. My point is that neither you and I are experts; so I am prepared to state that these are my personal VIEW and be counted.

I once attended a seminar that opened with the phrase, "the mind is like a parachute; it only works when it is open".

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cannot compare, example SEC with BDO because the types of property and rental rates are far different. For the same sq ft, BDO can rent out RM1600/mth, but SEC rental rates is around RM2700-RM3000 /mth. Since SEC is strata titled with facilities property, is similar with a luxury condo.
Since many owners of SEC bought not for own stay, it is totally a waste if you not able to use the facilities regularly. Inability to rent out units will be a real disadvantage to SEC investors. Those working in singapore will not consider to rent SEC because the place is so deep and jammed. They prefer places near EDL highways, 2nd link and CIQ. Leaving the unit vacant will also cost so much problem. Those come back for weekend stay will also eventually comes back on a monthly basis...and than later quarterly basis.... the whole place will be like deserted and is a potential ghost town / taman. Same problem will face by eco spring / summer buyers. Not trying to be bias, but i understand that sometimes truth hurts.

If I were to invest in real property, apart from rental yield to help defray mortgage payments, future capital gain is equally if not more important.

In my view, SEC is more exclusive (than BDO) and therefore one should be expected to pay/value more. This is my personal opinion. I would like to repeat that different people think and decide differently. I have always owned S'pore cars, the most expensive car in the world, and I have Ang Moh friends who are richer than me but refuse to pay the ridiculous high price for an SG car.

I am not currently vested in SEC, but I may one day relocate from my non strata titled G&G to SEC simply to get back to a similar lifestyle I am having in SG now. You see, the ratio of number of units to facilities in my SG condo is low. So, whenever I want to use the gym, sauna, swimming pool, it is always NOT CROWDED. The pool and sauna officially close at 21:00, but I have often used these facilities after closing hours. The maintenance fee is naturally high, but I don't begrudge it. This is what I will miss when I relocate to enjoy landed (not condo) living in JB. If I miss my SG lifestyle enough to see me putting money on an estate with facility in the future, I will be realistic and definitely am prepared to pay a premium.

I am not here to win an argument with you, I am merely stating my NOVICE opinion. There may be like minded people, or perhaps I am the odd one here. Whether you speak with AUTHORITY is not for me to judge.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
You state your opinion and i state mine. I never see this as an argument at all. I repeat again, i am trying to stress is those who are hoping to rent out their units later will suffer. I did not dispute other claims by you. IN fact those who buy for own stay and can afford those exorbitant maintenance fee, is good for them.

Agree that we can agree to disagree. But of utmost importance is to categorically separate OPINIONS from FACTS. Therefore, one should exercise extra CAUTION when using the word TRUTH so forumers may not be unwittingly misguided.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it that Strata-titled landed = exorbitant maintenance fee ? I think we may pay more for shared facilities just like in condo but that is expected.

Anyway, no matter what, some people just have have something to grind with SEC.
I think just do like what Bro Eric say lah...let's ignore the pest. But's its gonna need some self control...

I'm already paying almost 300SGD monthly for my singapore condo, and another few hundred RM for my other M'sian condo, what's another few hundred RM for a 2 storey G&G house. you want facilities, security, pleasant environment, pay lah.

Anyway, I think most of us here are matured enough to listen to counter arguments without raising a hissy fit. we don't all pile into FHBH12 becos he posted not so positive news about strata titled landed. But it's just the daily monotony of seeing the same arguments posted by one individual, over and over again, and posted rather churlishly in this SEC thread. And what's with creating a few clone accounts just to drum up support for BDO and princess cove? I smell a rat, is what it is.

Btw latest news from another SEC buyer - checked out ph 1 houses - "quality and workmanship" appears good. I have called Setia indah office today - girl there picked up within 3-4 rings. So all that "not enough staff" is just bullcrap, too. aurora house doing roofing / some doing painting. all on schedule.

Last edited:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, when i say the word TRUTH, i really mean it. There is no element of forumers being misguided. For example, when i claim that owners of strata title properties need to pay exorbitant maintenance fee compare to individual title property. That is clear fact and truth. I think worst is some immature forumers can only resort to personal attack if they fail to dispute true facts. Hope you agree on this.

I will try to explain what is TRUTH as against opinion. The quantum of maintenence fees, be it RM500 OR 1000 can be considered a fact/truth. When expressed as "exorbitant", it is then an OPINION for it is relative. For example, a property may cost RM 1m (a fact). S' porean/SPR may opine that it is cheap (as they compare it with SG property prices) yet a M'sian worker earning local wages may view it as expensive. There can be only ONE fact, the RM 1m. Any other different expressions are mere opinion.

I rest my case and this will be my last post on this subject.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will try to explain what is TRUTH as against opinion. The quantum of maintenence fees, be it RM500 OR 1000 can be considered a fact/truth. When expressed as "exorbitant", it is then an OPINION for it is relative. For example, a property may cost RM 1m (a fact). S' porean/SPR may opine that it is cheap (as they compare it with SG property prices) yet a M'sian worker earning local wages may view it as expensive. There can be only ONE fact, the RM 1m. Any other different expressions are mere opinion.

I rest my case and this will be my last post on this subject.

Yes… Very well defined. Clear & precise.

Cheers!

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm already paying almost 300SGD monthly for my singapore condo, and another few hundred RM for my other M'sian condo, what's another few hundred RM for a 2 storey G&G house. you want facilities, security, pleasant environment, pay lah.

Anyway, I think most of us here are matured enough to listen to counter arguments without raising a hissy fit. we don't all pile into FHBH12 becos he posted not so positive news about strata titled landed. But it's just the daily monotony of seeing the same arguments posted by one individual, over and over again, and posted rather churlishly in this SEC thread. And what's with creating a few clone accounts just to drum up support for BDO and princess cove? I smell a rat, is what it is.

Btw latest news from another SEC buyer - checked out ph 1 houses - "quality and workmanship" appears good. I have called Setia indah office today - girl there picked up within 3-4 rings. So all that "not enough staff" is just bullcrap, too. aurora house doing roofing / some doing painting. all on schedule.

Cheers to all on schedule & quality work done by Sp Setia.
Looking forwards to 1st batch Foresta Owners sharing their Beautiful houses & renovation progress.

:smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Trapped in the while loop.... exit error.:p