• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has visited Eco World's property ?

I visited to the showroom. At first quite keen with the project but after visiting the area (show house still in construction, no entrance) I hesitated.
The power lines run parallel behind the development. The whole area is quite deserted esp at night. the surrounding still unknown, all forests. As for the devlopment, only the Semi-D location in the center of the development is good. if i ;m really interested and really want to take risks, I 'll buy SD around1.5mil indicative.

The areas around Coastal Highway are quite dark at night, even the highways are only partially lit. It feels like the rural parts of Singapore in 1970s. Those areas will take another 10 years at least to have amenities matching Bukit Indah.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The power lines is a concern. I understand they have another project near Setia Eco Cascadia - no further details yet, target to launch next year.

you mean to the north of SEC.? actually one of my concern about SEC is what is going to happen in the area north of SEC.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has visited Eco World's property ?

I visited to the showroom. At first quite keen with the project but after visiting the area (show house still in construction, no entrance) I hesitated.
The power lines run parallel behind the development. The whole area is quite deserted esp at night. the surrounding still unknown, all forests. As for the devlopment, only the Semi-D location in the center of the development is good. if i ;m really interested and really want to take risks, I 'll buy SD around1.5mil indicative.
where is the location of the development exactly? is it near to geland patah side

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The areas around Coastal Highway are quite dark at night, even the highways are only partially lit. It feels like the rural parts of Singapore in 1970s. Those areas will take another 10 years at least to have amenities matching Bukit Indah.

That's where the potential of appreciation came in while compare to mature localArea such as tebrxx....

traxxas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I saw fence with photo of hospital/Medical center after exit from 255C toward Adda Height direction, does anyone know is this a public medical center or hospital and when it will ready?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's where the potential of appreciation came in while compare to mature localArea such as tebrxx....

I'm quite scared of bad investments, so I stick with safer options in areas with self-sustaining growth momentum. There is indeed less gain but at least I can sleep more peacefully. I don't want to worry whether new infrastructure and amenity investments will arrive, and if they can sustain after coming in. I can still remember abandoned developments along the Johor highways about 5-10 years back. There are still some abandoned buildings near zone A now.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm quite scared of bad investments, so I stick with safer options in areas with self-sustaining growth momentum. There is indeed less gain but at least I can sleep more peacefully. I don't want to worry whether new infrastructure and amenity investments will arrive, and if they can sustain after coming in. I can still remember abandoned developments along the Johor highways about 5-10 years back. There are still some abandoned buildings near zone A now.

So true. Call me risk averse (actually, buying in JB already quite daring to me..) but two things will be nightmare scenario for me:

1) Developer run road.
2) you get your house/apartment but.. no one move in and the whole devt deserted.

In malaysia, i know there are fair share of these two happening. so important is must have people already staying in the neightbourhood, what kind of neighbourhood, and of course, i would like to have my chinese food nearby. the rest like jam etc... yah, too bad. worse come to worse, take a longer and less jam route loh.
having said that, i really admire those people with the guts to go in big at places with empty land currently.. and happy for them if they make a lot.

Last edited:

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean to the north of SEC.? actually one of my concern about SEC is what is going to happen in the area north of SEC.

Do you mean after Mercury? I understand it is also a landed project. The staff did mentioned the developer name but I can't remember.

IsSuperTenere

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still waiting for other banks (OCBC n PUBLIC) till next week. Don't wanna wait too long as I don't wanna get caught when the gov increase the Foreigner Tax. What AMBANK offering is gd for me.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mean after Mercury? I understand it is also a landed project. The staff did mentioned the developer name but I can't remember.

yes, the land further up beyond mercury, which is currently huge swath of palm oil trees. hopefully it will be a good development to complement, and also more amenities..
as for bank loan, public, rhb and ocbc all no sound no picture. i emailed ambank loan officer on yesterday.

Last edited:

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
got approval from AMbank too. OCBC and Public Bank processing my loan. Have not heard from other banks. Setia supposed passed my docs to CIMB but have not heard from them yet.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same, I understand OCBC and RHB just gotten their green light from HQ. Guess have to wait for another week.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, the land further up beyond mercury, which is currently huge swath of palm oil trees. hopefully it will be a good development to complement, and also more amenities..
as for bank loan, public, rhb and ocbc all no sound no picture. i emailed ambank loan officer on yesterday.

Before the bank link up with the property developer to grant loan to its buyers, the bank need to check on the developer's management ability. Is a good news now that OCBC has gotten their green light. Let's see how many banks can offer the loan package this is also an inidcation of their confident level with sp setia new management.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before the bank link up with the property developer to grant loan to its buyers, the bank need to check on the developer's management ability. Is a good news now that OCBC has gotten their green light. Let's see how many banks can offer the loan package this is also an inidcation of their confident level with sp setia new management.

Guys and girls, just sharing, OCBC banker called me this morning and loan approved, now they generating the LOO.

btw i don't think setia slight change in management staff will affect the whole approval by banks. it would be a trivial matter to them. more of protocol and red tape and nothing to worry about. Sime darby, UEM, are all government owned and still top 10 of malaysia. setia will end up the same.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
So true. Call me risk averse (actually, buying in JB already quite daring to me..) but two things will be nightmare scenario for me:

1) Developer run road.
2) you get your house/apartment but.. no one move in and the whole devt deserted.

In malaysia, i know there are fair share of these two happening. so important is must have people already staying in the neightbourhood, what kind of neighbourhood, and of course, i would like to have my chinese food nearby. the rest like jam etc... yah, too bad. worse come to worse, take a longer and less jam route loh.
having said that, i really admire those people with the guts to go in big at places with empty land currently.. and happy for them if they make a lot.

Yes I agree totally. Higher risk, higher returns. But in Malaysia, sometimes the risks are too high and it may take 5-10 years for the area to be developed.....How many 5-10 years does one have?

IsSuperTenere

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys and girls, just sharing, OCBC banker called me this morning and loan approved, now they generating the LOO.

btw i don't think setia slight change in management staff will affect the whole approval by banks. it would be a trivial matter to them. more of protocol and red tape and nothing to worry about. Sime darby, UEM, are all government owned and still top 10 of malaysia. setia will end up the same.

Congratulations bro. When u signing or u wanna wait some more? OCBC offer same deal as mine?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations bro. When u signing or u wanna wait some more? OCBC offer same deal as mine?

thanks bro.. i will wait maybe one week to see if better offer comes in. OCBC is BLR-2.4% (i.e 4.2% at todays BLR), i think this is standard for all banks. However, take note that OCBC banker mentioned to me their first 3 years interest is 4.5% flat, which means that... if i get my keys early (say , after 2 years), i will have to fork out 4.5% interest for the remaining 1 year (as Setia only pays my interest during construction). I believe the RHB girl also told me about that. You better have a longer chat with AMbank officer and ask some more clarification questions. I believe the 4 banks i spoke to (OCBC, Maybank (but not on panel), Public, , CIMB) all said their rate is BLR-2.4%, whereas the only one offering me better is RHB at BLR-2.45%, but subject to approval. I not sure about RHB case, the banker is not the talkative sort, wonder if she fed me wrong info. anyway i really want to see RHB offer, esp as their branch is at austin heights, just 4 km drive away.

what about you? still confirmed going down this week?

Last edited: