• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP Teo soh lung: I am disappointed with the opposition parties in singapore

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious politics is to go on the offensive when our basic rights are being attacked. To say nothing while having a platform in parliamentary is shameful for the opposition.

Let's not kid ourselves ...when the WP takes over government, a spring cleaning of the upper echelons in the civil service is necessary.

PAP has put in many bad laws and we need to take them out.

If the WP is going to play the passive opposition, then it deserves to lose GE 2016.

We don't want a PAP lite party coming into power, we want to be rid of any traces of the PAP.

Can't agree more with you. The WP is a PAP wannabee party. I would vote for a serious opposition such as the SDP or SFP of TJS, but another wannabee?

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are the one that has no idea how governance work, Look it up in the dictionary first. The problem with what you say is that its not true. The opposition HAVE NOT debated nor voted to death the PAP laws or anything else passed in Parliament. Kindly show me the voting record for Chiam See Tong that proves this. Kindly show me the voting record for all the 7 WP parliamentarians in office now. U will find that they voted WITH the PAP probably 90% of the time.

I do not take PAP buses, I do not live on PAP land, I do not cross PAP traffic lights, and I do not eat food from a PAP source. Because simply speaking, none of it belongs to the PAP. The PAP is just a political party. They do not own the buses that I ride in. They do on own the land that I live on. That belongs to the people as part of their national assets. I do not cross PAP traffic lights because they don't own the lights. U are confused as to what is a govt and what is a political party. The PAP may act as though all these things belong to them, but when people like you go along with the charade, it makes it easier. These are administrative laws that are not wiped out when another party takes over, and the PAP loses.

You are damn right, man!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is my hope that the WP, reading this thread, will wake up.

We need an opposition that behaves like one. We don't need another party to give kudos to the PAP.

Everything about the PAP is wrong. It is for the other party to point that out. If the other party, the opposition in Parliament, doesn't do that, then it is NOT fulfilling its role.

We need to put sinkapore into a true democracy, not one defined by the PAP.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

We need an opposition that behaves like one. We don't need another party to give kudos to the PAP.

Everything about the PAP is wrong. It is for the other party to point that out. If the other party, the opposition in Parliament, doesn't do that, then it is NOT fulfilling its role.

Unfortunately, u have to look at the facts. The WP is not going to wake up, it appears they are in cahoots with the PAP. Somewhere in some backroom, a deal was struck between the 2 parties. PAP says vote with me in PArliament and thereby legitimize the stupid and illegals laws I am passing, and in return, I will not harass and sue and intimidate you like I do with so many other oppos, and you can then earn your $16K a month salary and be happy like fuck.

How else can you explain the WP voting for the annual budget when it includes items like million $ salaries for ministers, and a $12 billion military budget (more than Health and Education budget combined)? How else can you explain the WP voting with the PAP on all items passed in PArliament excpet the population white paper of 6.9 million people?

Politics is not a gentlemen's fight. Its not a play for a draw game. Its a low down dirty dog fight. And the WP should have been doing all it can to whack the PAP at any interval. Many people don't realise the WP's Low can say in Parliament "Mr. Lee Hsien Loong, where is our CPF, have you stolen it?". And there is nothing that can be done because PARLIAMENtary privilege protects him from being sued or punished. Instead, he is a coward and lets Roy takes the fall, Roy who is not protected by parliamentary privilege, Roy who asked the question that everyone in the country is asking "Where is our CPF".

The purpose of the WP is to be the fake oppo. The WP deflects world and local criticism that there is no oppo or that the the oppos are suppressed in Sngapore. The PAP can always point out and say "See, we have a legitimately elected opposition party in PArliament, therefore, there cannot be a dictatorship in Singapore, there is true democracy". Therefore, for the price of 7 seats, the PAP can maintain this facade to the world. And in fact, since the WP almost always votes with them, there is really no lost at all to them. This is the real purpose of the WP.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP make bad laws only regarding politics so that they can stay in power for as long as possible. For all these times, the opposition has debated and voted against them to ....

"only" is a definitive word. Most of the times it can be easily proven wrong. When you limit the bad laws to politics, the name yang yin immediately pop up in my mind. There will be no yang yin if there is no LPA. Is it linked to removal of estate duties? Why are these two changes made? The laws themselves may not be bad, but the intention for implementing them may be bad and the enforcement may be bad.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
it's "token" opposition blessed by dear leader for pap ministers and mp's to spar with. otherwise, pap will be too complacent and degenerative through inbreeding and atrophy. for it to receive dear leader's blessing, it has to be compromised and hijacked first. :wink:

View attachment 17877

Yes, it was so completely compromised and hijacked that even JB Jeyaratnam could not get back in after he was discharged from bankruptcy in 2007. He had to go and form his own party, The Reform Party. That should tell u volumes of how close to the PAP the WP is.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, u have to look at the facts. The WP is not going to wake up, it appears they are in cahoots with the PAP. Somewhere in some backroom, a deal was struck between the 2 parties. PAP says vote with me in PArliament and thereby legitimize the stupid and illegals laws I am passing, and in return, I will not harass and sue and intimidate you like I do with so many other oppos, and you can then earn your $16K a month salary and be happy like fuck.

How else can you explain the WP voting for the annual budget when it includes items like million $ salaries for ministers, and a $12 billion military budget (more than Health and Education budget combined)? How else can you explain the WP voting with the PAP on all items passed in PArliament excpet the population white paper of 6.9 million people?

Politics is not a gentlemen's fight. Its not a play for a draw game. Its a low down dirty dog fight. And the WP should have been doing all it can to whack the PAP at any interval. Many people don't realise the WP's Low can say in Parliament "Mr. Lee Hsien Loong, where is our CPF, have you stolen it?". And there is nothing that can be done because PARLIAMENtary privilege protects him from being sued or punished. Instead, he is a coward and lets Roy takes the fall, Roy who is not protected by parliamentary privilege, Roy who asked the question that everyone in the country is asking "Where is our CPF".

The purpose of the WP is to be the fake oppo. The WP deflects world and local criticism that there is no oppo or that the the oppos are suppressed in Sngapore. The PAP can always point out and say "See, we have a legitimately elected opposition party in PArliament, therefore, there cannot be a dictatorship in Singapore, there is true democracy". Therefore, for the price of 7 seats, the PAP can maintain this facade to the world. And in fact, since the WP almost always votes with them, there is really no lost at all to them. This is the real purpose of the WP.

LTK and Gang only promise his Voters a 'FIRST WOLD PARLIAMENT', was he referring to all the Members salary added together?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I explain very clearly in another thread already. Very obvious. You PAP dogs are always scared of the sdp for some reason. Expose you then you will go into this senseless tirade claiming people from sdp. Papsmearer from sdp, frenchbriefs from sdp now i am from sdp too? Lampa understand? They so many supporters won't be losing elections already ok?

Who claimed that frenchbriefs is SDP? Show proof. Jiu hu kia supports UMNO not SDP.

You and PAPsmearer go around attacking WP claiming that they are fake opposing, you call me PAP dog, while you get offended when other call you SDPPY?? Come on.. Mr SgGoneWrong..

You think PAP or even WP are afraid of SDP?? Wait lah, wait for them to win more seats like WP first then talk...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, it was so completely compromised and hijacked that even JB Jeyaratnam could not get back in after he was discharged from bankruptcy in 2007. He had to go and form his own party, The Reform Party. That should tell u volumes of how close to the PAP the WP is.

with so many oppo parties, the obvious strategy is divide and conquer. sorry to bring this up, but a handful of other oppo parties are compromised too. the ones that are never invited to the parliament party are those that remain hostile and uncompromised. it's as logical as math 101. only idiots deny this simple one plus one. that's why i predict pap victory all the time, no matter what (compromised) party wins. :p

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LTK and Gang only promise his Voters a 'FIRST WOLD PARLIAMENT', was he referring to all the Members salary added together?

First world Parliament is about being constructive and not oppose for the sake of oppposing.

WP is doing right and will win more seats in 2016.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
"only" is a definitive word. Most of the times it can be easily proven wrong. When you limit the bad laws to politics, the name yang yin immediately pop up in my mind. There will be no yang yin if there is no LPA. Is it linked to removal of estate duties? Why are these two changes made? The laws themselves may not be bad, but the intention for implementing them may be bad and the enforcement may be bad.

This is absolutely true. After WW2, many Germans say it was not against the law to take and confiscate Jewish properties and assets. It was not illegal either to arrest them, herd them into ghettos and than gassed them. This was true, there were many anti-semitic laws passed by the German equivalent of the Parliament. But it does not make them right, and it does not make them moral. You have to look at the intent of the law. by voting with the PAP, the WP has failed abysmally in this.

Imagine the most money minded govt in history declined to earn revenues from estate duties, a source of govt revenues common in many countries, and which itself had be collecting when suddenly Gecko was taken ill and on imminent death. This is an example of a bullshit law. On that day, Feb 2008, WP's Low was in parliament. SOmeone kindly ask him whether he voted for the abolishment of estate duties or not. He did. So, he is a fake oppo.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
First world Parliament is about being constructive and not oppose for the sake of oppposing.

Problem is WP is not even opposing. When you vote with the govt on all the bills in parliament, how can that be called opposing.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro WP is not stupid, they are doing it slowly but surely appealing to the middle ground voters and PAP supporters. Gradually they will win them more over. Have faith in WP. Their leaders know what they are doing. They do things constructively.

On day you wake up and you realise that the WP is the Government again...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Problem is WP is not even opposing. When you vote with the govt on all the bills in parliament, how can that be called opposing.

Why should WP oppose if they think that those bills are beneficial to Singapore???

Oppose for the sake of oppposing?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Who claimed that frenchbriefs is SDP? Show proof. Jiu hu kia supports UMNO not SDP.

You and PAPsmearer go around attacking WP claiming that they are fake opposing, you call me PAP dog, while you get offended when other call you SDPPY?? Come on.. Mr SgGoneWrong..

You think PAP or even WP are afraid of SDP?? Wait lah, wait for them to win more seats like WP first then talk...

The purpose is not to discredit the WP, they are doing a good job of that themselves. Rather the purpose is to point out that the WP does not put its money where its mouth is, it does not walk the talk. Their election rhetoric is not reflected in their voting record when in parliament. People who think they are vigourously making their point in parliament should be aware of this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why should WP oppose if they think that those bills are beneficial to Singapore???

Oppose for the sake of oppposing?

Is the bill to vote $million salaries for the ministers in 2014 beneficial to Singaporeans? It isn't and yet WP voted for the budget. So, don't be a retard.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The purpose is not to discredit the WP, they are doing a good job of that themselves. Rather the purpose is to point out that the WP does not put its money where its mouth is, it does not walk the talk. Their election rhetoric is not reflected in their voting record when in parliament. People who think they are vigourously making their point in parliament should be aware of this.

You are looking at it from a hard core anti PAP supporter point of view and you are correct in yo6r own perspective.

But WP is not a hard core anti PAP party. The believe in being constructive and eventually be an Alternative Party. This appeal to many middle voters and some PAP supporters.

See them win more seats in 2016..

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

We have been hearing, be constructive x not oppose for the sake of opposing from the Pappies over the last 50yrs, are we better off today!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Bro WP is not stupid, they are doing it slowly but surely appealing to the middle ground voters and PAP supporters. Gradually they will win them more over. Have faith in WP. Their leaders know what they are doing. They do things constructively.

On day you wake up and you realise that the WP is the Government again...

I can see that u are WP supporter. Well, the problem with your statement is they cannot appeal to the middle ground and PAP supporters when they vote with the PAP and hence implicitly and explicitly state their support for the PAP policies. They are not setting themselves apart from the PAP. Why should I vote for PAP Lite when I can vote for the real PAP. The WP's message is starting to get morphed in the PAP's message. In what areas have they clearly stood out from the PAP? They walk like the PAP, quack like the PAP, smell like the PAP, I guess they must be PAP lite.

I will give you a recent example. The WP voted for the Edusave amendment bill. Basically, the bill broadens the eligibility scope of students who can receive Edusave contributions from the govt. Students from non mainstream schools like religious schools can now receive this grant under this amendment. The WP waxed lyrical about how great this grant was, and how nice it is to include more kids. The PAP couldn't have done a better job sucking up to this bill. Ladies and gentlemen, do you know how much this grant is for? $200-$240 a yEAR. That's right, that's all they get. In the meantime, thousands of other students from other countries get millions of $ in scholarships every year from the govt for free, and our own students get scraps for the dogs.

The WP should have said "On Principal, we cannot support this bill. Under this bill eligible singaporean students will receive the paltry sum of $200-$240 per year, while this govt generously gives thousands of foreign students each, thousands of $ in free scholarships and collectively grant them hundreds of millions $ taxpayer dollars for free. In good conscience, the WP cannot place foreign students ahead of local students, and instead recommends the abolishment of free scholarships for non singaporean students and to re-direct the funds to the benefit of the local students"

This simple statement, if ever the WP is interested, would have won them the admiration of singaporeans, while casting a bad spotlight on an erroneous and flawed policy of the PAP. But of course, you would not expect PAP lite to say that.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
We have been hearing, be constructive x not oppose for the sake of opposing from the Pappies over the last 50yrs, are we better off today!

This is the PAP IB way of saying don't rock the boat, and nothing wrong and more good years ahead. All lies.