• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP Teo soh lung: I am disappointed with the opposition parties in singapore

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main difference between the two countries is the media. In Canada, the politcal parties are all the same bunch of loonies, it is the newspapers, the journalists, the reporters, who check them. In Singapore, the newspaper echoes the call of the ruling party and chooses to belief that no other voice/opinion exists. I have not read even one occasion where the Straits Times, editorial or column object to any official announcement or policy.

Cheers!

That's a superficial perception of life here and it does not address Teo's call for the Opposition to step up.

In your country, the Opposition is always ready to pounce on the government. That's why the government doesn't usally go overboard with their policies or abuse although Stephen Harper behaves more like LKY than the typical Canadian PM.

The WP has been silent when the PAP is attacking the basic rights of the people, even though they are activists.

Life is sinkapore is not that hunky dory ...when takehome median pay is $1700 in one of the most expensive city in the world, the complaints are confined to a minority.

The government has goofed up so frequently that there is so much ammo for the Opposition to humtum the government. That the WP is not doing so, even though it has a forum in Parliament, shows their stupidity. It is time for them to go on the offensive and gradually build up the momentum for election. Minds can't be changed in 8 days. The WP needs to sow the seeds of discontent right now and water them frequently. Come election time, they will be ripe for harvest.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those fucks have voted with the PAP on every single bill in Parliament save one, the population white paper for 6.9 million. What kind of opposition is that? A fake one. They should have voted against the PAP on everything even if they know they will not win. They can start with the budget.

That is why I say there are PAP nicks and there are nicks to serve PAP's purpose be it who they really stands for.

Parliament is a place to make laws. When has it become a place to stop the abuse of power? The place to stop the PAP is the election and people are not using it.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U are delusional if you think that Low and the WP are the one with vision, etc. Those fucks have voted with the PAP on every single bill in Parliament save one, the population white paper for 6.9 million. What kind of opposition is that? A fake one. They should have voted against the PAP on everything even if they know they will not win. They can start with the budget. Why even vote for a PAP budget that pays their ministers million $ salaries?

As for a JBJ replacement, look no further than Roy. He is not an official member of the opposition but he certainly is not afraid of the PAP and stands against them on many of the same issues that JBJ did (eg CPF) and does so without the benefit of a full party apparatus that BJ had. Roy is exactly using the social media in the way that its meant to be used, and in the way that the other opposition party like WP have not used. When was the last time that Low and the WP organized a protest at Hong Lim? U telling me things are so rosy that there is nothing to protest? Roy is running rings around the PAP. I don't see the WP doing that.

Our resident SDPPy is how working real hard, not just to whack PAP, but even to condemn WP!! What a retard!

Roy Ngerng to be JBJ replacement? Come on, let's not insult the late JBJ for crying out loud!! OK, let me next GE, if RN stand in a SMC, how many % of votes he will get. If RN wanna join WP, I don't think WP will even consider at all!!

Please lah, SDPPy, if you wanna whack PAP, use more credible and good Oppositions like WP!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main difference between the two countries is the media. In Canada, the politcal parties are all the same bunch of loonies, it is the newspapers, the journalists, the reporters, who check them. In Singapore, the newspaper echoes the call of the ruling party and chooses to belief that no other voice/opinion exists. I have not read even one occasion where the Straits Times, editorial or column object to any official announcement or policy.

Cheers!

Yeah we need journalists to uncover the truth. Not those type that report and highlight local criminals but keep foreign criminals' nationality and photo a secret.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
thumbs up.

nothing beats having real competition that always, always benefits the consumers.

in this sense, with enough competition to their more good year of swiss standard of living, the white scums will finally learn to behave properly and wp will learn to step up.

Yeah must have competition for PAP. Any opposition is good and hopefully all opposition can agree and avoid 3 corner fight in future.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are delusional if you think that Low and the WP are the one with vision, etc. Those fucks have voted with the PAP on every single bill in Parliament save one, the population white paper for 6.9 million. What kind of opposition is that? A fake one. They should have voted against the PAP on everything even if they know they will not win. They can start with the budget. Why even vote for a PAP budget that pays their ministers million $ salaries?

As for a JBJ replacement, look no further than Roy. He is not an official member of the opposition but he certainly is not afraid of the PAP and stands against them on many of the same issues that JBJ did (eg CPF) and does so without the benefit of a full party apparatus that BJ had. Roy is exactly using the social media in the way that its meant to be used, and in the way that the other opposition party like WP have not used. When was the last time that Low and the WP organized a protest at Hong Lim? U telling me things are so rosy that there is nothing to protest? Roy is running rings around the PAP. I don't see the WP doing that.
if ah low, wp who have been holding onto hougang and then kicked out white scum after white scum has no vision, no hardwork, no strategy then i dunno what we should call the other living oppo like kj, csj, etc, etc, etc and teo sl herself who failed decades after decades.

voting yes/no has no correlation to deliverable.

we could split hair whether kj, csj, etc, etc, etc and teo sl herself will vote "no" on 99% occasions or even 99.99%. it will be wasting everybody's time as long as they only rely on thumb fist, shout slogans and keep scoring spectacular own goals to gift the white scums more good years of swiss standard of living. no?

roy is jbj replacement? possibly. let's see if he will now run rings around kangaroo courtrooms and cantonment guarddog kennel after scoring that spectacular own goal in ymca event.

luckily he does not belong to any oppo party if not he may implicate the whole party and we will see a rerun of jbj-wp situation.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our resident SDPPy is how working real hard, not just to whack PAP, but even to condemn WP!! What a retard!

Roy Ngerng to be JBJ replacement? Come on, let's not insult the late JBJ for crying out loud!! OK, let me next GE, if RN stand in a SMC, how many % of votes he will get. If RN wanna join WP, I don't think WP will even consider at all!!

Please lah, SDPPy, if you wanna whack PAP, use more credible and good Oppositions like WP!!

Your tail is showing, pap dog.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
That is why I say there are PAP nicks and there are nicks to serve PAP's purpose be it who they really stands for.

Parliament is a place to make laws. When has it become a place to stop the abuse of power? The place to stop the PAP is the election and people are not using it.

The only way that the PAP can abuse u is by passing their laws in Parliament to make it legal. Therefore, if you don't stop them in Parliament, where do u expect to stop them? Parliament is not only a place to pass laws, its also a place to debate the merits of the laws. I don't see the WP debating anything with the PAP, they might wayang during Q & A but in the end always vote with the PAP.

The election is and has always been a freak result win for the PAP. The reason is that in most elections, they win 70 odd % of the votes, the last election only 60%. But you don't see 40% of the Parliament occupied by oppo party members. Even though 40% of the people voted against the PAP, they are not represented at all in Parliament. U have 7 oppo members in parliament out of a total of 87 possible seats, less than a 10% representation. Therefore, you can say stop the PAP in the election, but its not the election that is the issue. The way the system works, the PAP could win only 40% of the vote at the next election and still form the majority govt. How does the election help in this case?

jw5

Loyal
Vote Opposition Until PAP Becomes The Opposition.

Then re-evaluate your options whether you want to continue voting for the alternative party government or the pappy opposition.

Because currently, the pappies, their family members and friends are your only option. :rolleyes:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way that the PAP can abuse u is by passing their laws in Parliament to make it legal. Therefore, if you don't stop them in Parliament, where do u expect to stop them? Parliament is not only a place to pass laws, its also a place to debate the merits of the laws. I don't see the WP debating anything with the PAP, they might wayang during Q & A but in the end always vote with the PAP.

The election is and has always been a freak result win for the PAP. The reason is that in most elections, they win 70 odd % of the votes, the last election only 60%. But you don't see 40% of the Parliament occupied by oppo party members. Even though 40% of the people voted against the PAP, they are not represented at all in Parliament. U have 7 oppo members in parliament out of a total of 87 possible seats, less than a 10% representation. Therefore, you can say stop the PAP in the election, but its not the election that is the issue. The way the system works, the PAP could win only 40% of the vote at the next election and still form the majority govt. How does the election help in this case?
pls tell me you regretted writing all these contradictions.

your 2nd paragraph already answers your 1st.

<10% in parliament you teach me how to stop white scum bills. come dun be stingy. teach us laah.

and if dun try to win election you will get 0% in parliament. then we can all practise parliamentary debate in coffeeshop or your favourite spot in honglim park

song booh?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vote Opposition Until PAP Becomes The Opposition.

Then re-evaluate your options whether you want to continue voting for the alternative party government or the pappy opposition.

Because currently, the pappies, their family members and friends are your only option. :rolleyes:
law of nature says you need 3 forces to cancel off 1 another, to ensure real competition that always, always benefits the consumers.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure there are good and able journalists in Singapore who would not take sides but report what they see on the ground. But I think their articles will be considered by their management before going into print. The government will do what they can to avoid anything negative being published about them, that's part of the political game. The reporters, in order to collect their monthly pay checks will likely avoid "sensitive" issues and stick to non-political topics like food and cuisine, sports and recreation, automobiles, etc. I personally rate the Straits Times as a lousy daily newspaper. Too bad it is the official voice here.

Cheers!

Yeah we need journalists to uncover the truth. Not those type that report and highlight local criminals but keep foreign criminals' nationality and photo a secret.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only way that the PAP can abuse u is by passing their laws in Parliament to make it legal. Therefore, if you don't stop them in Parliament, where do u expect to stop them? Parliament is not only a place to pass laws, its also a place to debate the merits of the laws. I don't see the WP debating anything with the PAP, they might wayang during Q & A but in the end always vote with the PAP

If this is coffeeshop talk, we can live and let live. If we want to talk serious politics, let's at least have some idea how governance works.

PAP make bad laws only regarding politics so that they can stay in power for as long as possible. For all these times, the opposition has debated and voted against them to death.

The other laws not relating to that are administrative in nature. Do you not take PAP's buses, live on PAP land, cross PAP's traffic lights and eat food from a PAP source? And if all the laws governing these get wiped out, so does your existence.

Many regimes fall out of power not because of law but because of the implementation of laws. These are called "policies".

In conclusion, nowhere in this world rates an opposition based on voting against every bill to the maximum. That would be VERY EASY for any opposition to do, why would it be difficult for WP? That is like saying, change the whole civil service that has served PAP before. Even Yellowarse would agree it's not right.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another SDPPy dog working real hard too. So SDPPy you want to tell us all about SDP being the best party and WP is branch of PAP??

Good dog...

I explain very clearly in another thread already. Very obvious. You PAP dogs are always scared of the sdp for some reason. Expose you then you will go into this senseless tirade claiming people from sdp. Papsmearer from sdp, frenchbriefs from sdp now i am from sdp too? Lampa understand? They so many supporters won't be losing elections already ok?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this is coffeeshop talk, we can live and let live. If we want to talk serious politics, let's at least have some idea how governance works.

PAP make bad laws only regarding politics so that they can stay in power for as long as possible. For all these times, the opposition has debated and voted against them to death.

The other laws not relating to that are administrative in nature. Do you not take PAP's buses, live on PAP land, cross PAP's traffic lights and eat food from a PAP source? And if all the laws governing these get wiped out, so does your existence.

Many regimes fall out of power not because of law but because of the implementation of laws. These are called "policies".

In conclusion, nowhere in this world rates an opposition based on voting against every bill to the maximum. That would be VERY EASY for any opposition to do, why would it be difficult for WP? That is like saying, change the whole civil service that has served PAP before. Even Yellowarse would agree it's not right.

Serious politics is to go on the offensive when our basic rights are being attacked. To say nothing while having a platform in parliamentary is shameful for the opposition.

Let's not kid ourselves ...when the WP takes over government, a spring cleaning of the upper echelons in the civil service is necessary.

PAP has put in many bad laws and we need to take them out.

If the WP is going to play the passive opposition, then it deserves to lose GE 2016.

We don't want a PAP lite party coming into power, we want to be rid of any traces of the PAP.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure there are good and able journalists in Singapore who would not take sides but report what they see on the ground. But I think their articles will be considered by their management before going into print. The government will do what they can to avoid anything negative being published about them, that's part of the political game. The reporters, in order to collect their monthly pay checks will likely avoid "sensitive" issues and stick to non-political topics like food and cuisine, sports and recreation, automobiles, etc. I personally rate the Straits Times as a lousy daily newspaper. Too bad it is the official voice here.

Cheers!

Yeah need independent paper like in other countries for real journalism to be possible. If not it is like north Korea.

Yes Straits times is very shallow with lots of adverts and articles on food. Not everyone in Spore is a foodie right?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U are the one that has no idea how governance work, Look it up in the dictionary first. The problem with what you say is that its not true. The opposition HAVE NOT debated nor voted to death the PAP laws or anything else passed in Parliament. Kindly show me the voting record for Chiam See Tong that proves this. Kindly show me the voting record for all the 7 WP parliamentarians in office now. U will find that they voted WITH the PAP probably 90% of the time.

I do not take PAP buses, I do not live on PAP land, I do not cross PAP traffic lights, and I do not eat food from a PAP source. Because simply speaking, none of it belongs to the PAP. The PAP is just a political party. They do not own the buses that I ride in. They do on own the land that I live on. That belongs to the people as part of their national assets. I do not cross PAP traffic lights because they don't own the lights. U are confused as to what is a govt and what is a political party. The PAP may act as though all these things belong to them, but when people like you go along with the charade, it makes it easier. These are administrative laws that are not wiped out when another party takes over, and the PAP loses.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I explain very clearly in another thread already. Very obvious. You PAP dogs are always scared of the sdp for some reason. Expose you then you will go into this senseless tirade claiming people from sdp. Papsmearer from sdp, frenchbriefs from sdp now i am from sdp too? Lampa understand? They so many supporters won't be losing elections already ok?

WP is PAP lite, they have been winning seats based on the pass track record and sacrifice of JB Jeyaratnam. People remember him and how fiercely he fought the PAP. People do not realise his party has now been hijacked by PAP sympathizers and collaborators. They therefore unwittingly vote the WP into parliament.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP is PAP lite, they have been winning seats based on the pass track record and sacrifice of JB Jeyaratnam. People remember him and how fiercely he fought the PAP. People do not realise his party has now been hijacked by PAP sympathizers and collaborators. They therefore unwittingly vote the WP into parliament.

it's "token" opposition blessed by dear leader for pap ministers and mp's to spar with. otherwise, pap will be too complacent and degenerative through inbreeding and atrophy. for it to receive dear leader's blessing, it has to be compromised and hijacked first. :wink:

image.jpg