• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP Teo soh lung: I am disappointed with the opposition parties in singapore

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to admit that whatever the wp is doing, it is very different from what jbj was doing and they showed results. I am in the opinion they should not alter their winning formula substantially. Like a small business, expansion can be organic and orderly or aggressive and risky. Consumers cannot expect business owners to take their advice on expansion strategy. Remember their goal is to maximize profits, not make customers happy. Asian values.

Much as wp did not meet my expectations, a weaker wp would be very bad. Let's not confuse them and meddle with a winning formula. I like the PAP to be obliterated and that is only going to be accelerated with the clown prince is at the helm.

What has the WP done that has made a difference? The people of those WP wards gave the party a chance to prove themselves. Sadly, WP has just become an insignificant party doing the PAP's bidding. It is the Official Opposition and yet said nothing about the abuses hurled at activists. Why the hell do we want an opposition that wants to be a PAP lite?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
thank you for proving my pt.

fake 40% like you purposely or subconsciously ignoring wp proposed bottom-up calculation and their speeches against $m ministar salary

if you really read parliamentary records, you would not be lying so blatantly and if people generally bothered about what's not reported, they would have expose your lies.

can you repeat wp-voted-for-$m-ministar-salary and then go read these?
http://wp.sg/2012/01/ministerial-salary-review-pritam/
http://wp.sg/2012/01/ministerial-salary-review-geraldgiam/
http://wp.sg/2012/01/ministerial-salary-review-faisal/

reply me again by cut&paste their closing words if wp voted yes or no.

I knew eventually I would be accused of lying on this thread by one or all of these WP porlumpars. I am not lying. U are doing a great imitation of the Pro PAP IB. The 3 links you attached from the WP MPs are exactly what they say they are. namely, they are only MINISTERIAL SALARY REVIEWS. They are not actual voting bills on whether to pay the Ministers their salaries or not. They were a wayang debate introduce to make it seem like the PAP cares about the public perception of their high salaries, and therefore want to wayang debate whether the salary is too much or not. The actual bill passed TO PAY THE MINISTERS THEIR OBSCENE SALARY is the budget. By voting for the budget and not against it, the WP has indicated that they have no problems allowing money for the minister's million $ salaries. If they are vehemently opposed to the minister salaries as they were in the REVIEW, than they should have back it up by VOTING AGAINST THE BUDGET SO AS NOT TO ALLOW THESE MONIES TO BE PAID.

If you want to settle this, since u are plainly too stupid to understand the difference between a review and an actual pay out, simply call the WP office and ask them whether they MPs voted for this year's budget or not. SImple as that. If they said yes, than we all know the WP voted for the ministers to get paid what they got. If they say no, than I will get a new pair of reading glasses, because I must have read it wrong somewhere.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What has the WP done that has made a difference? The people of those WP wards gave the party a chance to prove themselves. Sadly, WP has just become an insignificant party doing the PAP's bidding. It is the Official Opposition and yet said nothing about the abuses hurled at activists. Why the hell do we want an opposition that wants to be a PAP lite?

U can tell from this thread that Teo Soh Lung's comments about disappointment with the oppo has really got the WP on the defensive. They are here in force on this thread trying to fight me and my comments on the WP. Tanwahp and Sgparent are practically foaming at the mouth, they are beginning to look like the pro PAP dogs here.

U are right, they have done nothing, and they have not acted like the official opposition at all. If I were them, I would demand that the MFA arrange for visiting dignitaries and politicians to meet with them too. After all, when singapore politicians go overseas, they meet with leaders of the official opposition. Although holding only 7 seats, the WP in essence represents 40% of singaporeans. They have a right to demand this. This is just one example of how an official opposition should behave. I guess its not happening anytime soon with the WP.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has the WP done that has made a difference? The people of those WP wards gave the party a chance to prove themselves.
they have held onto hougang and kicked out another 6 white scums.

they brought competition to the table.

they showed that ahpe under oppo's care dun mean hdb there will automatically go on firesale.

Sadly, WP has just become an insignificant party doing the PAP's bidding. It is the Official Opposition and yet said nothing about the abuses hurled at activists. Why the hell do we want an opposition that wants to be a PAP lite?
if some own-goal activists embarrassingly stupidly stepped on landmine, you expect wp or whatever-p to bail them out and get entangled unnecessarily?

it's not like wp has no battles of its own to worry about wooh

besides people like roy, triple-h, would they be bothered with help from wp in the 1st place? it's not like they have been exchanging xmas cards all these years or something.. ....

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's complaining about the lack of support shown. If opposition do not get their act together, 2016 will come and go... And LKY will be labelling us daft again!
The oppositions will only act for their own self regard. There's no unity at all amongst the oppositions, at least for now. They are no different from the 3-party coalition (PAS, DAP and PKR) of Anwar's party up north, always in disagreement amongst themselves.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U can tell from this thread that Teo Soh Lung's comments about disappointment with the oppo has really got the WP on the defensive. They are here in force on this thread trying to fight me and my comments on the WP. Tanwahp and Sgparent are practically foaming at the mouth, they are beginning to look like the pro PAP dogs here.

Why should I be worried when you exactly prove my points word for word?

How can I be on the side of the PAP when I am defending the main opposition party (a title you and Winni agree with) against those serving PAP's interests be it what they really stand for?

And why can't I do that since it is the same for SDP supporters who find their party "attacked" by WP or PAP supporters.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
I knew eventually I would be accused of lying on this thread by one or all of these WP porlumpars. I am not lying. U are doing a great imitation of the Pro PAP IB. The 3 links you attached from the WP MPs are exactly what they say they are. namely, they are only MINISTERIAL SALARY REVIEWS. They are not actual voting bills on whether to pay the Ministers their salaries or not..
i knew exactly you will twist and turn, cry foul like my many ex-gf out of this motion vs bill, fine-print backstage. how predictable.

now are you honest enough to state here once and for all that instead of being silent like some fake 40% claimed, you agree wp did try to debate, even to oppose $m ministar salary and probably many other unreported bills, motions, bills, committee recommendations, etc, etc?

They are not actual voting bills on whether to pay the Ministers their salaries or not.
i want to see how deep you can dig for yourself.

tell me which parliament, session, sitting you interested.

If you want to settle this, since u are plainly too stupid to understand the difference between a review and an actual pay out, simply call the WP office and ask them whether they MPs voted for this year's budget or not. SImple as that. If they said yes, than we all know the WP voted for the ministers to get paid what they got. If they say no, than I will get a new pair of reading glasses, because I must have read it wrong somewhere.
you said wp supported the $m ministar salary.

so why you dun simply ask wp if they supported that or not. instead you phrase the question to suit your agenda.

how disingenuous.

why not ask if they contested ge2011? if yes then they agreed with grc system, agreed with tying hdb upgrading to vote, agreed with anyhow redrawing of boundaries, etc, etc.

if boycott ge2011 then wp got backbone, got principle.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also think that WP should speak up against any injustice and bullying of Singaporeans for example the protestors. Even if no actual help, them voicing solidarity will provide much moral support.

I think it is our right as voter to give timely feedback to the elected party so that they can constantly improve and not wait till the situation deteriorated to dire state before voters speak up.

If we cannot or don't speak up about WP now becos this has been their winning formula, then this is no difference from last time when you tell people PAP is so arrogant to tie voting to upgrading and people tell you but PAP has been doing a good job till then.

Basically we must give elected people feedback as soon as they are not up to expectation or deviate. If they value the voters, they will improve themselves. If not, at least we gave them a chance to improve.

On the contrary, if we pamper them like how people gave free rein to PAP until you know what happened, eventually we ourselves suffer for not speaking up earlier.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U are right, they have done nothing, and they have not acted like the official opposition at all. If I were them, I would demand that the MFA arrange for visiting dignitaries and politicians to meet with them too. After all, when singapore politicians go overseas, they meet with leaders of the official opposition. Although holding only 7 seats, the WP in essence represents 40% of singaporeans. They have a right to demand this. This is just one example of how an official opposition should behave. I guess its not happening anytime soon with the WP.

If the WP continues in the same manner, the PAP will be given a fee ticket to win.
I hope the other parties will form a coalition to compete against the PAP and WP. It is easy to hit the WP if it continues as PAP lite.

The ground is fertile for tossing out the PAP. You can't fight the PAP by not saying the truth ...if saying the truth about the PAP is deemed confrontational, then let it be. How would people know how bad the PAP is unless the Opposition highlight them and make it a personal experience for sinkee? That's how politics should be ...criticise and critique the other party and then other the people your platform. The latter is not necessary in our case as the PAP is so screwed up and given the right messaging to the people, the people will vote the PAP out.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now are you honest enough to state here once and for all that instead of being silent like some fake 40% claimed, you agree wp did try to debate, even to oppose $m ministar salary and probably many other unreported bills, motions, bills, committee recommendations, etc, etc?

Simple question - did WP vote for the motion to keep ministerial pay at more than a $1 million?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple question - did WP vote for the motion to keep ministerial pay at more than a $1 million?
simple question, which motion is specifically on $m ministar salary?

i have already provided links to wp's objection on the formula used. They also explained their ground of objection. have you read?

or you want to be the next disingenuous 1 to try bill vs motion, contest ge means endorsed grc, upgrading tied to vote?

be specific.

if there ever was anything that is specifically on $m ministar salary, then let's see what wp said and how they voted.

Last edited: