• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP - Democrats continue groundwork - on this coming Sunday, 26 May 2013

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me put this way. If a letter from TP MPS session goes to any Govt department, it carries an even higher priority than AMK MPS. This has never changed despite GCT / LHL taking the helm.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taking down Tg Pagar is like DAP taking down the stronghold of Johor.
Excellent analogy, mei mei, taking into account the intricate historical link between DAP and PAP, and the intricate link between JB and Singapore that persists till today.
Johor was rocked but BN still held on to the state......
We have to do better for TP come 2016......all the jiakliaobees MPs in that GRC must be sacked thru the ballot box.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me put this way. If a letter from TP MPS session goes to any Govt department, it carries an even higher priority than AMK MPS. This has never changed despite GCT / LHL taking the helm.

That will be history, the dragon has lost its breath and no more than an ailing snake if he is not quite paralysed. Same goes for the residents there, almost nearly all HDB dwellers are average folks. The elderly avid PAP supporters probably gone already, Now have to rely on the surviving ones struggling to make ends meet. I am more worried about the voters staying in those new HDB in TP being the swing voters. However, youngsters who are net savvy might as well give PAP a kick in the butt. No harm betting for opposition win in TP GRC.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah juan is scheming that after demise of the immortal lee, he would ve better chance to usurp tg pagar grc. that would greatly appease his years of pentup resentment and finally execute his final glory of revenge.

FAT HOPE!

many may not like the paps but neither do they like sdppies with ah juan in control. if sdp wanna progress, it's about time they remove ah juan. if not, then continue to dream on.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let me put IT this way: Old Fart wrote in his "The Sinkie Story" that he appointed Lim as MND Minister and told him to ignore all requests from other MPs to give priority to their wards. However, in the same breath, he also said that he asked Lim to build the first ones in his TP ward - at Everton Road. Now, there's only one word to describe such behaviour - HYPOCRITE!

An MP does more than look after a constituency, the nitty gritty of which should be left to civil serpents. It's time to get rid of HYPOCRITES and TP is as good as any other place to start.

I read his autobiography for one purpose only - to see if it is worth my while to remain. Looks like I came to the right conclusion.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

All I know my friend who handles appeal cases in one govt department is damn piss with Indranee who always wrote in on behalf of PR and foreigners.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP con test at the gates of hell and dissipate. Let the proper parties target the seats which can be really captured

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indranee has taken over from Chng Jit Koon. Very powerful. She got the role just before 2011. She is the one who files all the papers for the elections. Any MP, his or her family members get into trouble they reach out to Indranee. Both Chng and Indranee have similar personalities.Chng looked aftet old man's constituency for decades and now its Indranees turn. The TP flame cannot die. You cannot breach fortress TP.

All I know my friend who handles appeal cases in one govt department is damn piss with Indranee who always wrote in on behalf of PR and foreigners.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indranee has taken over from Chng Jit Koon. Very powerful. She is the one who files all the papers for the elections. Any MP, his or her family members get into trouble they reach out to Indranee. Both Chng and Indranee have similar personalities.Chng looked aftet old man's constituency for decades and now its Indranees turn. The TP flame cannot die. You cannot breach fortress TP.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never say never. Inch by inch, toe by toe, the mighty fortress can still fall, not all at once like Anson but crumble like Aljunied. But I do agree with the views that SDP will be ill-fit with CSJ in charge. WP has broadbased appeal. I think it alone can make progress, but I would like to see others trying too.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contesting TP is not such a bad move for the SDP. They know their demographic well - TP is made of a lot of district 10 types who are the most likely to vote for the SDP. In fact, the two constituencies which are the friendliest to the SDP are Mountbatten and Joo Chiat - SMCs with lots of landed property people. But they will be contested by NSP and WP, and they could well be opposition party territory in 2016. The SDP will not be in a hurry to take over that after the debacle of PEBE. Even if the SDP doesn't win TP, a strong showing could gain them a foothold there, and LKY is not going to live forever, is he? We don't even know if he's going to contest TP in 2016. Singaporeans are not going to vote for a sick man, as Chiam See Tong found out in 2011.

Also don't forget - a lot of FT live in TP. It's not as friendly to the PAP as you might expect. Look at what happened to Joo Chiat aka little Vietnam.

The SDP were done in in HBT during the last elections - they did well in Bukit Timah but not in Holland because the Queenstown people didn't buy into the SDP thing. If they gave HBT to the Worker's Party, it could be a good place for the WP to puncture a hole in the west. The PEBE was a big big shock with big big ramifications - it's a new housing estate with young voters, unlike the middle aged places that you would associate with WP - the eastern / built in the 80s / high number of Malays or Teochews. It's a place similar to Jurong, or Chua Chu Kang. The fall of PE should make the PAP extremely worried about what happens if Pasir Ris Punggol had a strong opposition. Bye bye Teo Chee Hean.

Contesting West Coast is also a viable exercise for them. West Coast was contested by Reform Party, which thanks to the PEBE can be considered a spent force. Contesting AMK, the other Reform Party contested area, would be difficult. Pinky is not that unpopular. And thanks to a well-timed toilet break during the white paper voting, neither is Inderjit Singh.

Put it this way. WP is probably maxed out at the moment, because they have to fight AIM-gate. (Unfortunate but necessary). NSP were already maxxed out. SDP and DPP are the ones who have to enter the fray and grab whatever territory is left from SDA and RP, thanks to their respective suicides in PEBE. That means that Ang Mo Kio, Pasir Ris and West Coast are up for grabs. This is why, barring any sudden rise of new political forces in between now and 2016, I don't see any serious squabbling for seats in the next GE. I think there's just enough land to go around.

Last edited:

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I do agree with the views that SDP will be ill-fit with CSJ in charge.

These views are old-schools, biased or have a personal grudge against CSJ. There are a lot of highly qualified people who has joined the SDP under the leadership of CSJ. Doctors, academics, civil servants, executives, Phd holders all are working together with CSJ for the greater good of Singapore.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
These views are old-schools, biased or have a personal grudge against CSJ. There are a lot of highly qualified people who has joined the SDP under the leadership of CSJ. Doctors, academics, civil servants, executives, Phd holders all are working together with CSJ for the greater good of Singapore.

SDP has scored zero under Chee. Nuff said

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a reason why no decent political party or politicians have contested TP for decades. Only clowns and crackpots over the years have done it. There are 27 SMCs/GRCs, why pick a battle that you have less chance of winning when there are 26 other options.

All might will crumble one day, with persistence, TP will fall just like Aljunied.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1993, 21 years ago, CSJ inherited a fully set-up party, 2 constituencies - Bt Gombak and Nee Soon Central as well 2 town councils. The SDP was the opposition party in ascendency. It had tremendous appeal as it was viewed as multi-racial, progressive and had no looney businessmen playing masak masaka every 5 years. Workers Party was no where. Having captured on Hougang on ethnic parochial votes it was no longer considered a national party.

What has happened in the 21 years since CSJ took over. He was playing martyr and comparing himself to Gandhi and Mandela. Remember both were incarcerated and both went on hunger strikes. He did not have to go to jail but chose to go to jail. On one occasion he took 57 books to occupy himself. When I go on holiday I too take a few books and it is real treat, peace and quiet , nothing to do but enjoying the book in silence. In nutshell a series of tactical and strategic blunders over a life time. Getting sued and made a bankrupt is a favourite tactic of the PAP and JBJ is a living example and one should learn from it. Obviously he did not.

Some of us can play football and some can't, even though they might have 20 sets of football boots. watch every game, speaks football 24hrs a day. In many ways he reminds me of Shebby Singh who brought Blackburn down to its knees. CSJ has a small band of ardent followers and some actually show the same devotion as Kong Hee's followers but the voters are not with him. People talk about personal's sacrifices but we are not here to elect someone for making personal sacrifices. If we were, there will be a competition who can cut off more limbs to show determination and commitment. We are here to elect someone who can act for us effectively in Parliament.

SDP biggest contribution was providing a platform for good candidates like VW, PT, Michelle, etc. They have the best resources in terms of comms and logistics and they can play a part but it best that the old guard remain behind the scene and be quiet. Look what happened when they opened their mouth at Punggol By elections. It became a clown show. They tried to be smart and released a press statement stating that WP was not being cooperative. It came back and bit them big time.

No party is prepared to work with SDP for stunts like the horse-trading session in 2006 when the sent Uncle Yap as the Plen and the guy is not even a member. He was promptly thrown out. Maybe if they held the horse-trading session at Yale, he might attend.

So after 20 years, are we hoping for the moon and the sun to align.