• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S’porean loses HDB after foreign wife runs away

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
if anyone bothered to probe deeper, they'll probably discover this case could be one of the "fake" marriages popular 5-10 years ago to get PR status for foreign mei meis

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
95% of Sinkies who marry foreign wives get screwed by them in the same manner so this shows two things :

1. The guy is a moron for marrying a foreigner.

2. His misfortunes are of his own doing.

If his spouse had been killed in a tragic accident, I'd be more sympathetic to his plight but he brought this whole situation upon himself so he deserves zero compassion.

Why does the person who married a foreigner is considered as a moron?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Because they're asking to be ripped off that's why.

Those who want to take the risk should hedge their bets by taking the necessary steps to protect their assets before taking the plunge.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Easy to talk....hindsight is always 20/20.

Hindsight is "I told you so". Foresight is "I'm telling you not to do it.". I've given the latter piece of advice a thousands times over. The smart ones understand where I'm coming from. The morons carry on regardless.

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
because he got more than he had bargained for.A moron fails to see beyond or is short sighted or even blinded by the prospects of lust and love.

The priority of foreign brides is money,next is the country of the groom.no looks is ok but with money,love can be bought or even cultivated.Once reservior runs dry,the fishes die.

There are rare cases of lucky morons whose pockets are deep.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe so...but i am sure his case could be dealt with in a more compassionate manner. The Govt will not lose anything but gain some moral ground.

Lanchiow understand. Compassion here, compassion there. Compassion only punishes those who follow the rules and rewards the recalcitrant.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Justice should always be tempered with compassion.

i totally agree with you.there is such a thing as judiciary mercy which was recently displayed on a covicted person. a society without compassion, without love and without magnanimosity is a fartup society. a society which depends solely on the rule of law is a fartup society. yes,we need rules. we need security. we need regulations. but we still need a little bit of human love and compassion...and forgiveness and magnanimosity.

just see how gleeful our media people are to hang people on front page, to ridicule them, to humiliate them, to destroy their careers, destroy their futures, destroy their families and destroy everything - just because they had made one mistake and broke a rule of law. i think this form of rule of law is barbaric and brutal.

granting judiciary mercy is a kindness a matured and developed society should develop. you don't have to be so strict to hang a person or imprison him for the best of his life or castrated him for life just over a mistake or over a failure of the human desires and instinct....

if you show compasssion, it's human love for each other....people will always be forgiving and loving to each other .we are humans and we are susceptible to all different types of wrongs ,misdeeds and mistakes. that's why we are here to learn and to develop ourselves....

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. hahaha!
2. want to guess what "race" or nationality was the run-away wifey of the daft sheep?
3. i bet this is not the only case.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't agree with that. Rules are rules and they have to be enforced impartially.

Once you bring "compassion" into the equation, you might as well throw out the rule book.

People don't seem to realise that bending the rules based on compassion penalises those who make the effort not to break them.

Imagine a football game where goals are awarded based on "compassionate" grounds. It would kill the sport in no time.

hi there

1. tsk tsk tsk!
2. sammy, the elites & who's who in sheepishland do have specials hoh.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
rules are made for a general purpose with many exceptions when they need to bend the rules to flow with the tide..

so rules are garbages!!!

if you want to apply rules strictly, apply the rule of law strictly to everyone with no exception....but sadly this is not the case. the ruler which measures a person's faults and misdeeds can be used differently.....nahbeh!!!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
95% of Sinkies who marry foreign wives get screwed by them in the same manner so this shows two things :

1. The guy is a moron for marrying a foreigner.

so all sinkie marrying a foreigner is a moron ?

2. His misfortunes are of his own doing.

because his wife is a foreigner , it is his own doing ?

If his spouse had been killed in a tragic accident, I'd be more sympathetic to his plight but he brought this whole situation upon himself so he deserves zero compassion.

are you saying that anyone sinkie who marry a foreigner deserve to be screwed because they asked for it ?

you jump to conclusion too fast.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they're asking to be ripped off that's why.

Those who want to take the risk should hedge their bets by taking the necessary steps to protect their assets before taking the plunge.

Are you saying all foreigners who marry a sinkie guy are like that?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forgiveness makes me feel good. Revenge makes me feel even better.

revenge makes you feel even better...but in the end, you will end the victim of your own vengeful action....the boomerang will hit you doubly hard. do not seek revenge on anyone - deliberately. the pendulum will swing against you in mysterious ways! sure one! you can forgive.but don't seek revenge.you will only hurt yourself.