• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've always advocate that Najib should be given the support he needs from the non-Muslims group in Bolehland. But sadly, this was not the case in their last GE. Even when my Chinese neighbor is a strong opposition supporter, I told them that they should consider the serious consequences to their own race should Najib be toppled, but with UMNO still in power. I told them that as for me, I've not much to lose. My investment in Bolehland is just a mere percentage of my wealth and at most, I'll just sell away my possessions and return to Sinkie Land in the most adverse situation. As for them, should the breed of "Mahathirism" were to take over, their final option is to emigrate, otherwise, continue to suffer even worse than now and rot away. However, they were too stubborn to take heed of my advice.

Let's pray if Najib will be strong enough to be reelected again come this October 2013. Sorry to be off topic in this thread.

Yes under Najib things move much faster. Really hope he survives !

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like Astaka wont be getting at MRT station right at the door step, as I expected. The developer already say have shuttle bus to MRT station

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which RTS stations will operate by 2018? Some of us might not around during that time...

Looking at Malaysian's famous poor planning and delay records for large projects, nothing will be completed by 2018.
Just look at the KLIA2, a relatively smaller project and yet a national one, is delayed for 2 years, now "maybe" ready by 2014 but already facing huge financial overruns.
Whether the line from SG to JB is going to be above the Straits or under is still not confirmed yet.
And worse, was told the route alignment may change because land to build the RTS line and stations are still not fully acquired yet and resettlement issues here can be very sticky and can run into years, eg. the EDL highway

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at Malaysian's famous poor planning and delay records for large projects, nothing will be completed by 2018.
Just look at the KLIA2, a relatively smaller project and yet a national one, is delayed for 2 years, now "maybe" ready by 2014 but already facing huge financial overruns.
Whether the line from SG to JB is going to be above the Straits or under is still not confirmed yet.
And worse, was told the route alignment may change because land to build the RTS line and stations are still not fully acquired yet and resettlement issues here can be very sticky and can run into years, eg. the EDL highway

u right .. may take a while. if it happens at all. should be interesting for jb

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's true with "pure" M'sian projects.

However, the Sg-JB RTS is one project, and the intra-iskandar rail is another project altogether. The Sg-JB RTS is a joint project which will have only 2 stations i believe - 1 in Sg, 1 in JB. The station in JB is said to be located at the old lorry customs which is already state land, so no problem.

It is the intra-iskandar rail network that is more likely to see problems with land acquisition etc etc. but if the state govt accepts Masteel's proposal and awards them the project, this will use KTM's existing rail lines. They will only need to build a 2nd track parallel for the existing JB-kempas sector. The pasir gudang to nusajaya line track (already existing I understand but not sure whether now still in use)

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup I agree with Jetstream. No big issues on RTS construction with only 2 stations. Actually underground station will be better for both countries. SG & JB can then sell off surrounding plots for sky high prices, and lesser issues from noise pollution etc. Again, SG is being short-sighted by trying to go for above-ground station to save cost.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup I agree with Jetstream. No big issues on RTS construction with only 2 stations. Actually underground station will be better for both countries. SG & JB can then sell off surrounding plots for sky high prices, and lesser issues from noise pollution etc. Again, SG is being short-sighted by trying to go for above-ground station to save cost.

But underground tunnel is a bit scary to me with the sea overhead. What if there is a collapse or leak into the tunnel? Personally, prefer an above ground RTS link. Looking forward to the announcement soon...it will cause a further boost to JB property prices...

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
But underground tunnel is a bit scary to me with the sea overhead. What if there is a collapse or leak into the tunnel? Personally, prefer an above ground RTS link. Looking forward to the announcement soon...it will cause a further boost to JB property prices...

Well the timetable is a joint announcement by end of this year. Hope that the announcement come out earlier so we can do away with all the speculation and start investing in the right areas. For those not vested, have to decide on potential areas to hedge in current prices against exuberant prices post announcement.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are referring to investments in Johor or Singapore? :smile:

Well the timetable is a joint announcement by end of this year. Hope that the announcement come out earlier so we can do away with all the speculation and start investing in the right areas. For those not vested, have to decide on potential areas to hedge in current prices against exuberant prices post announcement.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are referring to investments in Johor or Singapore? :smile:

In JB. When announcement is out, the excitement and the music will start.

In sg, no guessing as the mrt station at Republic poly is confirmed. Those properties at nearby vicinity prices would rise when the station completed.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
In JB, main project to benefit will be Vantage Bay. But.... they will probably only launch when the RTS is announced.

In JB. When announcement is out, the excitement and the music will start.

In sg, no guessing as the mrt station at Republic poly is confirmed. Those properties at nearby vicinity prices would rise when the station completed.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Billionaire sure have good reason to invest in a big way and of course get the best plot of land. Sultan also vested. Will he shortchange himself?

That would be the most sought after project and worthy of big premium over others.

curious why you said Vantage Bay..

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Billionaire sure have good reason to invest in a big way and of course get the best plot of land. Sultan also vested. Will he shortchange himself?

That would be the most sought after project and worthy of big premium over others.

ya, thats what some old timers told me ....but the price will be very high ...hope can afford.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
This intra city rail network in JB is scrapped.http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...ine-plan-scrapped&Itemid=3#axzz2d2NA8y5SKUALA LUMPUR: The RM1.23 billion intra-city rail line for Iskandar Malaysia in Johor, as proposed by a private party, will be scrapped, said people with first hand knowledge on the matter.This is because the government wants to focus on the high-speed rail system linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, which will likelyhave a stop in Iskandar Malaysia, and the Rapid Transit System from Johor Baru to Woodlands, Singapore.“It does not make sense to have too many railway lines in Johor.It will be congested. We also have the Gemas-Johor Baru double-tracking project coming up,” a source told Business Times.Metropolitan Commuter Network (MCN), a 60:40 joint venture between Malaysia Steel Works (KL) Bhd (Masteel) and KUB MalaysiaBhd, had proposed to build the intra-city rail project.The joint venture first mooted the idea in 2009.Under the plan, MCN was to build a 30km double-track railway line linking Kulai and Johor Baru city centre and a 50km link between Pasir Gudang and Port of Tanjung Pelepas using the existing alignment.The development of the railway line would be similar to the concept undertaken by Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd for its light rail transit project in the Klang Valley.The source said the MCN proposal was not approved by the Transport Ministry and Minister of Finance Inc.“This project is not part and parcel of the government plan to develop the railway infrastructure in Malaysia,” the source said.It was also to have come under the publicprivate partnership scheme, where both parties fund the venture.Masteel managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tai Hean Leng had said MCN would invest RM300 million to carry out the project, with the remaining RM700 million coming in the form of a government “soft loan”.MCN expected to pay the government the RM700 million over an agreed duration, Tai said.He also said then the company had not obtained full approval to undertake the project.Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...ail-line-plan-scrapped&Itemid=3#ixzz2d3cGyqQ8 Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This intra city rail network in JB is scrapped.http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...ine-plan-scrapped&Itemid=3#axzz2d2NA8y5SKUALA LUMPUR: The RM1.23 billion intra-city rail line for Iskandar Malaysia in Johor, as proposed by a private party, will be scrapped, said people with first hand knowledge on the matter.This is because the government wants to focus on the high-speed rail system linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, which will likelyhave a stop in Iskandar Malaysia, and the Rapid Transit System from Johor Baru to Woodlands, Singapore.“It does not make sense to have too many railway lines in Johor.It will be congested. We also have the Gemas-Johor Baru double-tracking project coming up,” a source told Business Times.Metropolitan Commuter Network (MCN), a 60:40 joint venture between Malaysia Steel Works (KL) Bhd (Masteel) and KUB MalaysiaBhd, had proposed to build the intra-city rail project.The joint venture first mooted the idea in 2009.Under the plan, MCN was to build a 30km double-track railway line linking Kulai and Johor Baru city centre and a 50km link between Pasir Gudang and Port of Tanjung Pelepas using the existing alignment.The development of the railway line would be similar to the concept undertaken by Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd for its light rail transit project in the Klang Valley.The source said the MCN proposal was not approved by the Transport Ministry and Minister of Finance Inc.“This project is not part and parcel of the government plan to develop the railway infrastructure in Malaysia,” the source said.It was also to have come under the publicprivate partnership scheme, where both parties fund the venture.Masteel managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tai Hean Leng had said MCN would invest RM300 million to carry out the project, with the remaining RM700 million coming in the form of a government “soft loan”.MCN expected to pay the government the RM700 million over an agreed duration, Tai said.He also said then the company had not obtained full approval to undertake the project.Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...ail-line-plan-scrapped&Itemid=3#ixzz2d3cGyqQ8 Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter

Masteel is also surprised by the rejection news.
http://m.kinibiz.com/just_in.html