• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Single Track Rail.
A single-track railway is where trains in both directions share the same track. Single track is normally used on lesser-used rail lines, often branch lines, where the traffic density is not high enough to justify the cost of building double track.

Advantages and disadvantages
Single track is significantly cheaper to build, though it has operational disadvantages. If the single-track section is say 15 minutes long, the line would have capacity for only two trains per hour in each direction. Double track can allow up to 15 trains per hour in each direction if signal boxes are four minutes apart. This hindrance on the capacity of a single track may be partly overcome by making the track one-way on alternate days, if the single track is not used for public transit.
Long freight trains are a problem if there are not enough long passing stretches. Other disadvantages include the spread of delays, since if one train on a single track is delayed, any train waiting for it to pass also will be delayed. Also, single track does not have a "reserve" track that can allow a reduced capacity service to continue if one track is closed.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mount Austin, Johor Jaya and Pelentong.

This 3 stations are 5 km apart. (from Mount Austin to Johor Jaya to Pelentong)

If you live near to this area; you are likely to be serve by at least 2 stations. Congratulation.

Note: This 3 stations are so close together with so little empty land; it is hard to project actual location. Give me a few days.

Thanks in advance! Double tracked stations will super huat.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mount Austin, Johor Jaya and Pelentong.

This 3 stations are 5 km apart. (from Mount Austin to Johor Jaya to Pelentong)

If you live near to this area; you are likely to be serve by at least 2 stations. Congratulation.

Note: This 3 stations are so close together with so little empty land; it is hard to project actual location. Give me a few days.

for your work done in this forum, m'sia should give you honorary citizenship.
:smile:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
correction.. Tan Sri Dato' shctaw. Bigger title in front! :smile:

Joke aside, invest blindly with little or no information can be deadly.
Just sharing my own research. No big deal.

Hope this thread will help prevent some investors been misrepresented by developer/agent claiming RTS will reach their development doorstep.

Wrong claim is common in Singapore. So I am sure it will happen in JB too.
And I can safely say a lot of buyers presume RTS at their doorstep, but "presumption" have to be throw out as investors should invest base on fact and not fiction.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joke aside, invest blindly with little or no information can be deadly.
Just sharing my own research. No big deal.

Hope this thread will help prevent some investors been misrepresented by developer/agent claiming RTS will reach their development doorstep.

Wrong claim is common in Singapore. So I am sure it will happen in JB too.
And I can safely say a lot of buyers presume RTS at their doorstep, but "presumption" have to be throw out as investors should invest base on fact and not fiction.
dont know how much to buy into this masterplan. Seems to me like holy grail of Iskandar

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• flagshipA.jpg
    flagshipA.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 663

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suppose they are above ground. Can be noisy if it is too close.
Single Track Rail.
A single-track railway is where trains in both directions share the same track. Single track is normally used on lesser-used rail lines, often branch lines, where the traffic density is not high enough to justify the cost of building double track.

Single track is significantly cheaper to build, though it has operational disadvantages. If the single-track section is say 15 minutes long, the line would have capacity for only two trains per hour in each direction. Double track can allow up to 15 trains per hour in each direction if signal boxes are four minutes apart. This hindrance on the capacity of a single track may be partly overcome by making the track one-way on alternate days, if the single track is not used for public transit.
Long freight trains are a problem if there are not enough long passing stretches. Other disadvantages include the spread of delays, since if one train on a single track is delayed, any train waiting for it to pass also will be delayed. Also, single track does not have a "reserve" track that can allow a reduced capacity service to continue if one track is closed.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Close but not too close. I would accept 1-2 km distance.

300-500m is the best. Walking distant.

700m is a bit far to walk but still within walking distant.

Base on Wildwalk.com

Walking at 4km/hour (casual walking)

300m - 5 minutes (Best distant)
500m - 8 minutes
700m - 11 minutes
1km - 15 minutes (still OKAY)
1.5km - 23 minutes (not fun)

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Single Track Rail.

This is how Isambard Kingdom Brunel started in 19th century isn't it?

Lets talk about 21st century shall we. Never mind the traffic, build a single track mean they can't look at the bigger picture or shouting to the world as "This area don't have a future". Suicidal?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
300-500m is the best. Walking distant.

700m is a bit far to walk but still within walking distant.

Base on Wildwalk.com

Walking at 4km/hour (casual walking)

300m - 5 minutes (Best distant)
500m - 8 minutes
700m - 11 minutes
1km - 15 minutes (still OKAY)
1.5km - 23 minutes (not fun)

I learn to think the locals way: <5 min (1-2 km) by car is near. Walking in public places is okay in Singapore, but I think it is not very safe in Johor.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Single Track Rail.

I wonder if population density figures into the plans. Zone A is getting the double track while Zone B single, is it because Zone has denser population? Also do areas with a bigger population in Zone A have more stations and closer to each other ?I wonder also if the're prioritising commercial/industrial if the Nusajaya station looks to be nearer SILC?