• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just PM you a report on IRDA transportation blue print.

If I did not interpret wrongly; in stage 2 there will be LIGHT RAIL and feeder bus system linking up all place your mentioned.

1. Light Rail
2. Feeder buses (some free by various parks operator. eg LegoLand)
3. City buses. (can be both Govt or privately own.)
4. Bicycle lane (my favourite as it promote healthy living)
5. Water taxi (inter city. e.g. KuKup, Puteri Harbour, Danga Bay, JBCC, Tanjung Puteri, Peter Lim Medical hub)
6. Ferry service (cross border. Sin - JB)
7. Taxi

Just read the blue print I sent you. All this may materialised by 2016-2025.

Nusajaya station is near Nusa Sentral??? hmm

What about link to Medini/ Puteri Harbour?

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please read page 5 of the IRDA blueprint.

Just like the light rail in Singapore. It only can be possible when the MRT station is build first so people from light rail can connect to the main metro system.

Hence if RTS is ready by 2019-2021; light rail may complete between 2022-2025.

All this are estimation. The flow of population will decide the speed the light rail start to be operational.

Example; if 100,000 start to move in and out of Zone B everyday; they will speed up the running sub network system to accommodate the flow.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please read page 5 of the IRDA blueprint.

Just like the light rail in Singapore. It only can be possible when the MRT station is build first so people from light rail can connect to the main metro system.

Hence if RTS is ready by 2019-2021; light rail may complete between 2022-2025.

All this are estimation. The flow of population will decide the speed the light rail start to be operational.

Example; if 100,000 start to move in and out of Zone B everyday; they will speed up the running sub network system to accommodate the flow.

any idea what do you estimate is the daily workday traffic (no of cars) at 2nd link currently,?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tuas Secondlink can accommodate 200,000 cars day.
But LTA did not provide actual figure. (Maybe someone can show me otherwise)

any idea what do you estimate is the daily workday traffic (no of cars) at 2nd link currently,?

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks.... :smile:

I just PM you a report on IRDA transportation blue print.

If I did not interpret wrongly; in stage 2 there will be LIGHT RAIL and feeder bus system linking up all place your mentioned.

1. Light Rail
2. Feeder buses (some free by various parks operator. eg LegoLand)
3. City buses. (can be both Govt or privately own.)
4. Bicycle lane (my favourite as it promote healthy living)
5. Water taxi (inter city. e.g. KuKup, Puteri Harbour, Danga Bay, JBCC, Tanjung Puteri, Peter Lim Medical hub)
6. Ferry service (cross border. Sin - JB)
7. Taxi

Just read the blue print I sent you. All this may materialised by 2016-2025.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuas Secondlink can accommodate 200,000 cars day.
But LTA did not provide actual figure. (Maybe someone can show me otherwise)

Both links cannot cope w peak loads. Engineering design always cater for tt. Apparently e designs r out dated but nobody bothers, especially if there is no benefit to SG government.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/highlights/245223-highlight-kl-spore-hsr-gathers-momentum.html

Sin - JBCC RTS to be ready by 2019.

But base on JB past record; one should add at least 1-2 years more to the completion date.

HSR stated to be ready by 2020. But I think it will be more like 2022-2023.

I have been monitoring on progress of some of the recent projects by the Johor gov and it has been a tremendous improvement compared to the historical past where projects completion dates over-shoot by one to two years. Many locals also have this similar observation and so they were cynical and missed the boat 3 years back.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been monitoring on progress of some of the recent projects by the Johor gov and it has been a tremendous improvement compared to the historical past where projects completion dates over-shoot by one to two years. Many locals also have this similar observation and so they were cynical and missed the boat 3 years back.

Now the situation is insufficient labour and materials. Too many properties are launching suddenly. Quite a number of projects are now suffering from delays and poorer workmanship.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Power craving politicians
Greedy developers
Hungry Businessmen
Corrupt authority
Stupid investors

When you put all of them to work together; it is like magic.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems the award to Masteel, basically a company involved in steel and not rail, by direct negotiation is already being questioned by the opposition...

BY JENNIFER GOMEZ
JULY 15, 2013

DAP national publicity secretary Tony Pua wants to know why the award of the RM1billion rail project for Iskandar Malaysia was not conducted through an open tender process.

Instead, he revealed that the project was awarded through direct negotiations to a company called Metropolitan Commuter Network, which is a joint venture outfit owned by Masteel Bhd (60 per cent) and KUB Bhd (40 per cent).

Pua said at the parliament lobby that Umno has an interest in KUB Bhd.

He wanted to know why the government made the award through direct negotiations. "Why not through an open tender for a project of this scale?"

Pua said Masteel's main business was not in the rail sector but in the manufacturing of steel.

The rail service will encompass 20 stations at Kulai, Gelang Patah, Nusajaya, Johor Baru and Masai, among others.

Pua said that in a recent interview with Edge Malaysia published on June 17, Masteel CEO Datuk Seri Tai Hean Leng said that MCN would invest RM300 million in the project and would receive a soft loan of RM700 million from the government. Tai added that MCN had been given a concession on the commuter service for 37 years. It is expected to break even after 12 years.

Pua questioned the need to privatise the project if the government is going to come up with 70 per cent of the construction cost through a soft loan.

He added that the government had to explain its rationale for continuing to award projects through direct negotiations to
companies lacking experience and financing.

"Pemandu had come up with the GTP in 2009 to increase the transparency and accountability in government procurements, in an effort to curb wastage and corruption. But until today the government is not keeping to its word," Pua said.

He said what was instead obvious was that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's promise of "reformasi" should BN retain power was just empty promises. He added that BN cronies continued to receive preference and riches. - July 15, 2013.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good that they question the award to Masteel else they may build some substandard rail which is bad for residents and investors.

It seems the award to Masteel, basically a company involved in steel and not rail, by direct negotiation is already being questioned by the opposition...

BY JENNIFER GOMEZ
JULY 15, 2013

DAP national publicity secretary Tony Pua wants to know why the award of the RM1billion rail project for Iskandar Malaysia was not conducted through an open tender process.

Instead, he revealed that the project was awarded through direct negotiations to a company called Metropolitan Commuter Network, which is a joint venture outfit owned by Masteel Bhd (60 per cent) and KUB Bhd (40 per cent).

Pua said at the parliament lobby that Umno has an interest in KUB Bhd.

He wanted to know why the government made the award through direct negotiations. "Why not through an open tender for a project of this scale?"

Pua said Masteel's main business was not in the rail sector but in the manufacturing of steel.

The rail service will encompass 20 stations at Kulai, Gelang Patah, Nusajaya, Johor Baru and Masai, among others.

Pua said that in a recent interview with Edge Malaysia published on June 17, Masteel CEO Datuk Seri Tai Hean Leng said that MCN would invest RM300 million in the project and would receive a soft loan of RM700 million from the government. Tai added that MCN had been given a concession on the commuter service for 37 years. It is expected to break even after 12 years.

Pua questioned the need to privatise the project if the government is going to come up with 70 per cent of the construction cost through a soft loan.

He added that the government had to explain its rationale for continuing to award projects through direct negotiations to
companies lacking experience and financing.

"Pemandu had come up with the GTP in 2009 to increase the transparency and accountability in government procurements, in an effort to curb wastage and corruption. But until today the government is not keeping to its word," Pua said.

He said what was instead obvious was that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's promise of "reformasi" should BN retain power was just empty promises. He added that BN cronies continued to receive preference and riches. - July 15, 2013.