• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Risk Low runs three kilometres a day (see how slim her body is now)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously like to know how to avoid getting into catabolic stage if I do the sprint, jog, sprint kind of cardio. Thanks in advances.

If you run below 5km in one session, you probably won't get into the catabolic (muscle destruction) phase.

Only long distance marathon runners are affected.

Just do a little cross training and weights training. If you're not going to the gym, do some body weight exercises: chin ups, dips, squats and calf raises etc.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The "idiots" in my post refers to Watchman and Tonychat - both of whom suggests increased mileage irregardless of intensity
Mileage determines your total energy expended. You can run 5 km in 20 min or 40 min, you will use roughly same amount of energy.

Though for cycling, the intensity matters as the faster you go, the higher the wind resistance and thus more energy used over same distance.

Do proper research before jerking off.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intensity does play a part in the Kals burnt, there are other variables in the whole equation, not just distance covered in running. Explosive movements = higher intensity.

Mileage determines your total energy expended. You can run 5 km in 20 min or 40 min, you will use roughly same amount of energy.

Though for cycling, the intensity matters as the faster you go, the higher the wind resistance and thus more energy used over same distance.

Do proper research before jerking off.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like out of 10, only 1 or 2 knows some shit about burning off calories.

It's about the intensity and how you time it. You need to combine high intensity run, followed by pacing, and resume high intensity run. This is called Interval Training.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It doesn't matter how you do it but as long as you burn more calories per day than you consume, you're going to lose weight. You cannot change the laws of thermodynamics.

Yes but don't forget that if you exercise more vigorously, you will increase your metabolic rate, so even when you are resting you are burning more calories.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should try other forms of exercises like push ups, pull ups, weights training etc like 5BX rather than just running alone.

The truth be told...frequent SEX will slim her down very quickly....

...doing a Annabel Chong would be good for a start ....BOOMZ!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going back to workouts..just a short and intense session at the gym at 4 times a week will do...An hour the most..cut the rice, breads and pasta from your diet..

food intake is the main factor followed by an exercise or workout regimen. smaller, healthy meals and time in the gym are all good stuff. for those getting older, too much running and jogging may hurt the knees. almost all my buddies in their late 50s and early 60s have done knee repairs and replacement surgeries. they are all runners and joggers in their younger days. for me, i'm blessed with a 3rd factor: i lose weight when i shit. defecating is both a therapeutic and weight loss experience. :eek: :biggrin:

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intensity does play a part in the Kals burnt, there are other variables in the whole equation, not just distance covered in running. Explosive movements = higher intensity.

What is your aim? if your aim is just to lose weight, jogging at a consistent slow pace for 40 minutes WITHOUT STOPPING is good enough, the distance doesnt matter.

For 40 minutes i can cover 5km with slow jogging. Mo Farah can cover 30km with slow jogging. Distance is relative, but not the exertion we put on our body. The key is to jog as fast as you can WITHOUT STOPPING.

Do it 3 times a week, losing a few kilos in months is a realistic target. This is not based on any study or hearsay. It is from my own experience. I told my borther to do the same and he lost 15-20kg in about 6 months.

And of course you must watch your diet too. Don't eat like a pig, and best is avoid supper.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is your aim? if your aim is just to lose weight, jogging at a consistent slow pace for 40 minutes WITHOUT STOPPING is good enough, the distance doesnt matter.

The problem is: a lot of people stop or go at a snail's pace.

There is no point spending 40 minutes to jog unless you're training for a marathon and clocking up the weekly mileage. It is more efficient to do high-intensity sprints, even better if you can add in some weights training.

Also, the key goal is to BURN FAT. You can also lose weight by getting dehydrated... but that's not very healthy. The ultimate goal is to get your body fat ratio to around 15%. Some guys have an 'obese' high BMI reading, but their excess weight is pure muscle because their bodies have very little fat.